N Version - Chapter 3

Jealous Boyfriend - Series

 

The two of us held hands as we took our time walking back to VIXX's dormitory. While I know N would prefer both of us spending the remaining time of his off day without the involvement of the rest s or friends, I was curious and at the same time suspicious about everything. It's as though today was a plot thought out by Minhyuk as he had been emphasizing so much that both of us need to be back at the dormitory for dinner. He even went to the lengths of texting both of our mobile phone during the movie.

"___ ah, there's something that I want to give you." N said suddenly as he pulled me to a stop before pulling a gift bag out from his backpack, handing it to me as I peered at the item curiously.

"You can open it now! I want to see whether you like the gift or not." N continued as I opened the gift bag carefully before stretching in to pull out a maroon square box. The box revealed a necklace with a star pendant on it. Upon closer inspection, the star pendant was made of Swarovski crystals that were navy blue in colour. It was definitely a beautiful piece of jewellery.

As I stared at the gift in amazement, N took out the necklace and put it around my neck before fastening it. As he moved backwards to examine the pendant around my neck, he broke out into a wide smile, as though he was clearly satisfied.

"It looks good on you. Do you like it?" He asked as I nodded my head quickly as I really do like the gift a lot.

"Is there a reason why you brought me a present all of a sudden and is there a meaning to the pendant?" I asked as N smiled at my question, as though he came well prepared and was just waiting for me to ask those questions.

"Well, I thought the colour navy blue looks good on you and I just want to let you know that amongst all the stars that are out there in the universe shining down at me, you are the only Star that I love and will treasure forever." N answered but just as I was about to reply, he interrupted me.

"And I just want to take this opportunity to apologize again for being mad at you earlier. I was wrong in not trusting and not having faith in you. I promise I will treat you even better from now on, okay?" He continued as I felt tears gathering in my eyes again from his heart felt comments. I wrapped my arms around his slender waist as I gave him a tight squeeze, feeling the loved and being thankful for the fact that he is my boyfriend.

"You don't have to treat me better Oppa. I love the way you are. But please, don't ever doubt me or my love for you again. Like what you mentioned earlier, you are the only Star that I have my sights on and I never intend to let you go." I replied as he smiled at my answer, giving me a peck on my cheek before letting go.

-

Both of us finally returned back to the dormitory after a long walk. As I entered the dorm after N, I realized that not only was Hyuk, Minhyuk and Sungjae back from the games café, it appeared that Ravi, Ken, Leo and Hongbin were at home the entire day. It was only minutes later did the smell of food made my mouth watered as I realized that was a wide spread of food found on the coffee table in the living room.

"You two came back just in time. I was getting worried that both of you decided to ignore my messages and continue on your date." Minhyuk said as he gestured the two of us over.

"I would have ignored you if not for ___ who insisted on coming back to have dinner with the bunch of you." N replied curtly as Minhyuk raised an eyebrow from N's comment. Clearly someone is still upset over the incident that happened earlier during the day. As N took his seat beside me, I noticed that the rest of the VIXX members were casting glances at N periodically, as though they were trying to gauge his mood for fear of his wrath.

"Did something happen?" I asked out of my curiosity.

"Yes. N hyung almost wanted to slaughter Hyukie alive today when he left the house to meet you, Minhyuk hyung and Sungjae. And now the rest of us are worried that we will receive the N wrath because we didn't try to stop Hyukie from leaving." Ravi explained as I turned my head to look at N, puzzled by his actions.

"And why would you want to slaughter Hyukie because he's meeting me?" I asked.

"Because he's meeting MY girlfriend and I wasn't even there to make sure nothing happens! And the rest of them didn't even try to stop him from leaving. Of course I am angry!" N answered as the atmosphere in the living room turned a little awkward with N's answer.

"And nothing happened eventually because you came, didn't you? Now stop being upset over something that had happened. Here, have a piece of chicken." I replied as I smiled at him sweetly, a smile that he could not resist as he smiled back at me warmly, his unhappiness temporary forgotten as I heaved a sigh of relief internally.

Knowing Hakyeon, he would probably continue his rampage and lashed out on the rest of the members if I didn't manage to pacify him in time. Returning my sight back to my own plate, I noticed that Leo was staring hard at me. As our eyes met, he mouthed a thank you before breaking eye contact as I smiled at his action. We both knew Hakyeon can be hard to handle when he's upset.

The dinner continued with everyone talking to one another, deep in conversation. N was having a serious conversation with Sungjae; exchanging tips on becoming a better MC since Sungjae used to be a MC on the show "A Song For You" previously.

"Alright, I think it's time we all should confess..." Minhyuk said aloud suddenly as the atmosphere changed as once again, the VIXX members looked uncomfortable while N and I shared a puzzled look.

"Before I continue, I want you to know that this is all my doing okay? Do not flare up or blame your members, blame me okay?" Minhyuk continued as N frowned at his best friend's statement.

"N hyung you see... Today is nothing but something that we staged so that you will get jealous and from here learnt on how to trade Noona better..." Ken said slowly as N's facial expression darkened the instance he heard what Ken had said.

"What do you mean it's STAGED?" N replied as he glared at everyone, particularly Minhyuk, who clearly looked like the ring leader.

"Hakyeon ah, both of us and ___ have been close friends for a while now and recently, I feel that you have been neglecting ___ a lot. I just want to use this opportunity to remind you that she is not just anyone but your GIRLFRIEND. She isn't someone you can chuck aside and return back to when you feel like it..." Minhyuk explained.

"She is my girlfriend, why would I treat her as someone disposable!" N answered as he defended himself.

"But to be honest I feel that there is still room for improvement in the way she is being treated. She didn't express her thoughts or feelings because she loves you deeply but she has been having some negative thoughts. I asked the guys for help to spark the jealousy in you and make you understand just how important she is to you and of course, create an opportunity for both of you to talk things through." Minhyuk continued as it was then did it dawned to me that while my boyfriend was oblivious to the internal struggle that I had been going through for the past weeks, Minhyuk had seen it and was lending us a helping hand, despite the fact that Hakyeon looked as though he was ready to skin Minhyuk alive.

"You know you all can just tell me instead of doing all these? I was so pissed off earlier that I actually shouted at her and made her cry!" N answered as he turned to look at me, his expression apologetic.

'Hyung, you know yourself the best okay? If we didn't come up with such a plan but instead tell you, you will come up with a series of explanations to deny that you are not treating Noona well; which, by the way, are all excuses." Hyuk commented. If the situation wasn't so serious, I would have laughed my head off because Hyuk have just described the Cha Hakyeon that we all knew so well.

"But how do you all knew that I would be having a day off today? I mean, I was only told about the changes in my schedule this morning!" N asked. It was something that I had been curious about too since N did mentioned he was so busy for the whole month, so how did he have an off day out of the blue?

"I told our Managers to change your schedule a little because you are working too hard these days..." Leo said suddenly as N and I were stumped with Leo's answer.

"Aww, Leo does care about me!" N cooed as he stood up and went over to Leo, attempting to get a hug from him. While Leo tried to push the leader away, it was to no avail as N bear hugged him. Realizing that N was busy hugging Leo, I quickly took the opportunity to close the whole issue.

"I know this sound weird, but thank you all for planning this. To be honest I haven't been having so much fun since last week so I really have a blast at the games café and I enjoyed my time with N. And thank you all for letting me know Oppa can be jealous too!" I commented as everyone flash me a smile, except for N, who pouted.

"I am not jealous okay!" N answered as I rolled my eyes at him, who seemed to be in denial again.

-

I sat patiently in Hakyeon's room as he went to get some tea for both of us. Minhyuk and Leo had shooed both of us off to his room so that we can spend some more time together alone while the rest of them remained in the living room, cleaning up and playing games together. He returned shortly after, handing me a cup of peach tea, which was my favorite.

The two of us sat in silence as we enjoyed our tea but I knew he was casting frequent glances over at my way. Unable to take it any longer, I turned to look at him.

"Is there something you want to tell me Oppa? Stop staring at me!" I asked.

"I was waiting to see if you will start screaming and shouting at me for being such an earlier on today..." N said in a soft tone as I place the cup on the table before I went to kneel behind him and give him a back hug.

"Why would I scream and shout at you? It's simply just you telling me how you felt. And it's not as though I wasn't at fault either." I answered truthfully.

It's not that I didn't trust Hakyeon but there are many occasions where I didn't share with him what was on my mind. And perhaps that was one of the reasons why it was hindering our relationship.

"If I have been more opened about what was on my mind, I don't think the guys would even require staging this whole thing for us to know each other better. So I guess, it's a blessing? Though I know you don't like being pranked." I continued as N placed his hands on mine.

"I don't like being pranked. But if it meant that I would know just how much you love me, I guess I would live with that." N commented as I smiled at his answer.

-

Before I knew it, it was already close to 10 pm and I knew it's time for me to leave. Sungjae and Minhyuk decided to let me hitch a ride home.

"You know I could have sent you home if you let me..." N muttered for the tenth time as he tried to convince me to let him sent me home.

"I would have allowed you to send me home if you didn't have to wake up at 4am later. You need to rest Oppa and I didn't want you to fall sick or anything. I don't think Leo can convince manager-nim to let you have another day off." I replied.

"Alright then. But make sure you call me when you reach home okay? I want to make sure you are home safe before I can properly rest tonight." He said as I smiled at him, happy that he was so concerned about me. As I stood there bidding my boyfriend goodbye, I noticed Ken and Hongbin waving frantically behind N and were doing all sort of hand actions, particularly cutting of their throats. I immediately knew what they were trying to tell me.

"Oppa, before I forget. If I ever hear from the members that you were being violent towards them the moment I stepped out of your dormitory, I will make sure I won't be talking to you for a week. You hear me?" I stated as N's eyes widen in horror.

"YA ___ ! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?"

 

(Jealous Boyfriend - N Version, The End)