N Version - Chapter 1

Jealous Boyfriend - Series

I sighed inwardly as I stared at the image of my boyfriend's upcoming schedule; with such intensity that there might be a hole on my mobile device.

"I don't even know if I should be happy that Hakyeon Oppa is this famous..." I muttered as it dawned upon to me that it would be a miracle if both of us could spent some time together for the month of November. It's impossible as Hakyeon's schedule is fully packed with variety shows, radio shows that I amazed that it he could even find time to sleep.

Drowned in my own thoughts, I only managed to snap back to reality as my phone rang with the tune from Kakao as I knew I had an incoming message; possibly from Hakyeon. With a swipe of my finger, I switched the screen of my mobile to see what Hakyeon had texted me.

Sorry dear, I doubt we will be able to meet up this month... L

I sighed at the message that Hakyeon had sent while I thought long and hard about how I should reply my boyfriend.

It's been close to five years since I dated Hakyeon and it was like a rollercoaster ride. At the initial stage where VIXX had just debuted, it was relatively easy for both of us to spend time together often. The biggest hurdle back then was when Hakyeon was casted for romantic idol and there was so many times I felt like killing him for all the flirtatious acts he had done on the show. Were it not for the rest of the members and his assurance, I would have walked out of his life.

With VIXX's rising popularity, clinching first spots on music shows; it's harder to meet my boyfriend and despite the fact that I knew he was trying his very best to make our relationship work; the simple fact that I won't be able to see him for a month made me depressed all of a sudden if this situation continued where I won't get to see him often.

It's as though the rollercoaster ride is coming to an end.

Dear, you there? I saw you read my message. Are you okay?

I stared at the text as I noticed my vision turning blurred all of a sudden; with tears threatening to flow down my cheeks as I quickly replied my boyfriend before he caught on to something.

I'm okay honey! Nothing to worry about okay? See you in a month's time and please do take care of yourself! Love you~ <3

--
N broke out into a frown, biting his lip involuntarily as he stared hard at your message. Ken saw his expression and walked over to the elder one.

"Did something happened?" Ken asked with a concerned voice. The members were all gathered at the practice room and it was during their break did N texted you regarding his schedule.

"Nothing I guess? But ___ appears to be happy that she won't be meeting me for a month. Not sure if it's me being paranoid or..." N trailed off while he showed the younger one the Kakao message while slowly, the rest of the members' crowd around to take a peep at N's phone screen.

"Maybe Noona wants a break from your constant nagging so she appears to be happy?" Hongbin teased while N glared hard at the younger one though deep down, he was wondering if Hongbin was right. Had he been too burdensome to you with his nagging and presence?

"Hakyeon ah, don't listen to what Hongbin says... I am sure ___ is sad that she couldn't meet you but she is appearing to be happy because she doesn't want to you be worried over her. She is always a thoughtful lady, remember?" Leo explained in his usual soft voice while he gave Hongbin a knock on his head; disciplining him for suggesting such absurd stuff.

--

Time seemed to be on a standstill that it's antagonizing me and killing me bit by bit. Yet, to my horror, only slightly more than a week had passed since I last saw Hakyeon and I am missing him a lot. While I am extremely tempted to text him or give him a call; I knew he was busy and the last thing I want to do was to distract him for him work.

My heart skipped a beat the instance I heard my phone rang to life and I grabbed it in record time. My happiness was short lived as I noticed it wasn't Hakyeon who had called, but was our best friend Minhyuk instead.

"Yoboseyo..." I picked up the call, not bothering to hide my disappointment at all.

"YA, I know you were hoping its Hakyeon that's calling but honestly, can't you at least try to fake it? It's upsetting to know that you are not happy that I called." Minhyuk complained.

"You should know I'm not in the mood..." was all that I replied as silence engulfed both of us.

"Sorry ___ ah, I was hoping to cheer you up a little because I know you had been feeling down these days. Guess that backfired. Anyway, do you want to hang out tomorrow since you didn't have work?" Minhyuk broke the silence after a while as I contemplated on his offer.

I wasn't in the mood to meet up with anyone. All I wanted to do was to hide at home and pray that time can pass by quickly.

"Don't be like this ___ ah! I know you want time to pass by quicker so you should spent time with us! Besides, Sungjae have been whining to me stating that he misses you. Let's just hang out for a while and have some fun?" Minhyuk persuaded as I gave in after a while.

"All right... see you two tomorrow."

--

N gave a lazy stretch as he looked around sleepily. It was finally the weekend and originally, he was supposed to be having a radio schedule for the whole day but somehow, he was miraculously given a day off; much to his surprise. He smiled to himself as he thought about your reaction when you see him appearing at your doorstep unannounced.

It's been more than a week since he last met you and he missed you dearly. It had been bugging him since you haven't been contacting him at all. While he was extremely tempted to take the first step into contacting you; his ego was being a pain in the . He got out from his bed and went to wash up. After exiting from the bathroom feeling extremely awake, he realized that the rest of the members were already up and about. Hyuk and Hongbin; who were in charge of laundry for the week were seen hanging up their clothes to dry. N raised an eyebrow as he noticed that Hyuk was dressed in his white over size t-shirt and white shorts; as though he was prepared to head out soon.

"N hyung, that's early of you! I thought you will be sleeping a bit longer since it's your off day and you have been working so hard for the past few days." Ken commented as he looked up from the laptop screen.

"I am heading out soon because I want to give ___ a surprise by visiting her today." N answered the younger one as he noticed Hyuk did a double take from his peripheral vision upon what he had said.

"N hyung, I don't think you need to do that because ___ noona won't be at home today." Hyuk stated in a matter-of-fact voice as he continued with his chores while N frowned at the maknae's words. How on earth Hyuk did knew about HIS girlfriend schedule when he himself have no clue about.

"And why would you know she isn't at home today? Have you been in contact with her?" N asked as he tried to control his rising anger; but his eyes have betrayed him as he was staring daggers at the younger one, who seemed unfazed by his anger.

"Because I am heading out with Sungjae and Minhyuk hyung today. Minhyuk told me that he had managed to convinced ___ noona to join them so technically I am going out with ___ noona today too! Just thought you should know." Hyuk replied calmly while N was glaring at the maknae so hard that he didn't notice Hongbin was giving a smirk.

"You mean the three of you are meeting my girlfriend and I wasn't invited." N said aloud; processing whatever he was hearing from Hyuk.

"Hyung I think that is exactly what Hyuk is saying? ___ Noona is going out with three idols today and you are not on THAT list." Ravi commented as without replying the rapper, N stormed back into his room and grabbed his phone. Without screening through his contacts; he dialled Minhyuk's number.

"YA LEE MINHYUK! What on earth are you doing asking MY girlfriend out without asking ME for permission?" N shouted into the phone the moment he heard Minhyuk picking up the phone.

"Hakyeon? What's up?" Minhyuk answered calmly; as though N had not tried to hurt his ears by screaming into the phone seconds earlier.

"You know what's up! Why are you going out with ___ today and why wasn't I invited?" N retorted as he felt the urge to strangle his best friend for being so oblivious.

"Well I figured ___ would be bored since there wasn't anything much she can do since you are so busy with your schedule. So I thought it would be good to ask her out and plus, Sungjae misses her too. And you weren't invited because I didn't know your schedule so I am assuming you are busy. In any case, I got to go since I am leaving dormitory now. Talk to you soon Hakyeon!" Minhyuk replied in a haste and hung up the phone before N could even utter another word.

N was fuming mad as he stepped out of his room only to see that Hyuk was standing at the doorway putting on his sneakers. He had carried his brown back pack and was bidding farewell to the rest of his hyungs; who were crowding around the doorway sending the younger one off.

"HAN SANGHYUK YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE." N said through his gritted teeth as he made a beeline towards the maknae; all ready to skin him alive as the rest of the members quickly blocked the leader's path as Hyuk rushed out of the house. There was simply no way N could win the younger members in terms of strength.

"Hakyeon you should calm down! Hyuk is just going out with his friends that's all." Leo commented in his matter of fact voice while N glared at the quiet member.

"Hyuk is going out with my girlfriend today; someone that I haven't seen in a week and you are telling me to calm down?? Would you be able to calm down, huh?" N answered angrily as he was lashing it out on Leo. Unbeknownst to him, the rest of the members, who were standing behind N; were snickering and doing their best to maintain their serious expression instead of bursting into laughter then and there.

"Look, if you are so paranoid and not having any confidence in ___, why not just follow them and see what they are up to. Hyuk did mentioned to me that they are going to the games café." Leo replied as N processed what he had said. Realizing that Leo had given him the perfect solution, N returned back to his room and after dressing up; he dashed out of the house in record time, ignoring the rest of the members as though they ceased to exist.

"Let me give Minhyuk hyung a call telling him that N hyung is on his way~" Hongbin said in his chirpy voice the moment the door to their dormitory slammed shut as the rest of the members finally smiled and beginning chuckling amongst themselves. Even Leo was laughing at how ridiculous N was, falling into the trap they had set for him.

"I am worried though. What if N hyung skins all of us alive when he finally found out that all this were nothing but a prank? 

 

(To Be Continued)