Chapter 4

There is no antidote for death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung woke up warm, but slightly uncomfortable.  Opening his eyes, blinking a few times adjusting to the light, he looked around the vast cream room and realised he was still in Jacqueline’s apartment.  He still had his jeans on, explaining why he felt uncomfortable, though he had a hard time remembering when he went to sleep.

‘Jacqui?’ he called out in a feeble attempt to grasp reality.  He had stayed but they didn’t sleep together?

‘Jacqui?’ he repeated when he got no answer.  He fumbled in his jeans pocked for his phone, which thankfully still had some charge and told him it was only 9am.  The morning light was bright seeping through the large windows in the living room, explaining why he was awake this early. 

Taehyung had a blanket wrapped around him, which he untangled as he pulled himself upright, intending to find, first of all a bathroom and then Jacqueline.  Heading in the direction of the hallway he had briefly seen last night, he came to several doors, all closed, with no way to tell what was behind them.  Frowning comically at his predicament, there was nothing for it but to open them all one by one as his growing need for a bathroom became impending. 

Thankfully the first door he swung open was a bathroom, pristinely clean all in white stone.  There were no other thoughts in his mind as he relieved himself.  Washing his hands he took note of the beauty products on the sink basin, though there were not as many as he thought there might be.  Poking around the cupboards, he found a multitude of soaps, cleansers, toners, exfoliators, and as many skin products as he could have hoped for.  Using as many of them as possible he didn’t think Jacqueline would mind so much that he had helped himself, after all, she seemed to appreciate good skin care. 

As he finished, he looked around for a toothbrush or something to help him clean his teeth.  Luckily, there was a packet of several unused brushes in the back of the cupboard, which he took great advantage of.  Smiling at himself in the mirror he attempted to brush through his hair with his fingers, but it wasn’t playing nice, so he gave up trying to style it.  It was odd she had so much in her cupboard, but not a hairbrush. 

Once outside the bathroom having poked his head back into the living room to check if she had woken, he continued down the hallway in search of her.  The second door lead to an empty bedroom, with a fully made up bed.  Taehyung briefly wondered why he hadn’t slept there and assumed instantly he had fallen asleep before the question of where he was going to sleep had been answered.

Across the hall behind door number three was an office, by the look of it a well-used office.  A grand desk with a computer stood at the opposite end of the room, with a very comfortable looking leather desk chair.  A dark leather sofa lined the wall by the door, with a small table, strewn with papers and scribbles.  Taehyung’s instinct to snoop around grew in his chest, biting down on his lip nervously, he managed to push the feeling away as he closed the door and headed to the last door, the one he knew Jacqueline must be behind. 

Being extra careful to open the door without making a noise, he pushed it open slowly and peered in.  The room was dark, the whole corner of the room was just windows, covered to the floor with blinds.  Along the side of the wall were mirrors, he guessed holding wardrobes behind them.  The bed sat in the middle of the room, with a lounge chair in the far corner and little else.  As he thought, Jacqueline was there, wrapped up under layers of duvets.  He leaned over the bed slightly, trying to get a look at her face.  She appeared to be asleep, breathing rhythmic and slow, her eyelashes resting on her cheeks softly. 

There was no explaining the feeling he had growing in his chest.  She was so soft and vulnerable like this, and though it should have been very strange stood in her bedroom as she slept, he felt strangely close to her.  Absentmindedly his lip he climbed on the bed softly, trying his best not to wake her, wrapping his limbs around her. 

Warm and comfortable he pressed his nose into the pillow, inhaling her soft scent lingering there, sighing he turned back to face her.  Still asleep she snuggled into his embrace with a soft hum.  This was the most intimate thing Taehyung had ever experienced and his heart was swelling with growing love.  Though he was comfortable and definitely able to sleep if he allowed himself, he wanted to keep his eyes open, keep looking at her, and not lose one moment of this feeling.

His attention and curiosity began to wander after a while.  Reaching out a finger, he carefully traced the line of her jaw, down the side of her face, over her cheeks, his grin grew every time her face flinched or spasmed a little with his touch. 

‘You are very annoying in the morning.’ She whispered with her eyes still closed, scaring him a little.

‘You are awake?’ he asked trying to keep his voice low.

‘How could I not be?  You keep touching my face.’ She grinned opening her eyes at him.

‘I like to touch pretty things.’ He said confidently. 

There was a moments pause as she stared at him, taking in his words before she snorted turning her face into the pillow. 

‘You say some funny things.’ She laughed pulling herself up on her elbows to look down at him.  He turned laying flat on his back looking up at her with wide eyes and a mild frown.

‘How was the sofa?’ she asked him, bringing him back into reality.

‘Less comfortable than your bed.’ He said at once with his trade mark cheeky grin.

‘This is your fault.’ She told him seriously, sitting up on her knees revealing herself to be wearing a silk white pyjama shirt.

‘Why?’ he said at once, ap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter