Worry (Gyulsun)

Go Hard, Then Go Home | A fromis_9 collection

Jisun is a worrier. That's why she kept her distace from the other girls at Idol School at first. But they all formed groups quickly and Jisun found herself alone. For a little bit, at least. The girls in Ah Choo were nice enough, if a litlle insincere, although she did keep them entertained with stories of her dog, who shared its name with their song.

It isn't until Hush that Jisun really bonds with anyone, and when she does, they're not the kind of people she normally gets along with. Saerom and Myeongji were goofy and sly, regaling the team with over the top stories of terrible dates and awkward confessions. Jisun can only assume that's what happens when you look like they do. And Gyuri, who, ouside of Idol School, Jisun would have never spared a second glance at, is quiet and reserved, drawn into herself in a way that makes Jisun wonder why she was here in the first place. But she is, and, even if it's deeply hiddenunder layers of overprotection and sheltered childhood, Jisun can see a spark of something wonderful in Gyuri when the music comes on.

Gyuri is a strange sort of creature to Jisun, who, since she could remember, was the quiet dreamer in a house of driven businesspeople, or the beginner in a class of people far superior to her. She was never the teacher or the expert. She had always been the student, but when the others turned to her to help Gyuri with the choreo, she couldn't say no. It was a testament to her years of work. And Gyuri was so earnest and willing to learn that Jisun really stood no chance.

She never stood a chance, Jisun thinks to herself, still mindlessly flipping through channels after everyone else had turned in for the night. Gyuri was so grounded and present and ready to pull Jisun back when she wanted to move onto the next thing. Gyuri was soft in all the ways that training had left Jisun hardened, yet still strong and solid. She was silly in such an honest pure way, never able to hide her laughter or make it through telling one of her lame jokes. She really never stood a chance.

"Hey." Jisun is startled out of her thoughts by Saerom sliding in next to Jisun in the attic corner with the pillows. She hands Jisun an ice pop, the inexpensive kind that they had bought in bulk when they had really begun to feel summer, and settles in and unwraps her own.

"Hey. Was the TV too loud?" Jisun moves to crawl over to the TV to turn it down, but Saerom stops her with a hand on her thigh.

"I could barely hear it downstairs. It's you I'm checking in with." Saerom runs her hand through her hair. She seems out of her element, but Jisun guesses that's what happens when a maknae is suddenly the leader. "I wanted to see how you were doing. With," Saerom gestures over to the TV, "Gyuri being away and all. You two had a," Saerom stops and gestures with her hands as though it will help her come up with the right phrase, "thing, didn't you?"

"A thing?" Jisun furrows her eyebrows.

Saerom knaws on her lip, looking uncomfortable. "You know. Like a-" Saerom starts about five gestures at once and ends up with a weird, jerky hand movement.

"No, I don't kno-oh" Jisun's eyes widen and she shuts , turning away from Saerom, teeth working over her lower lip. Could it be that she was so obvious?

Saerom, to her credit, reads faces quickly and accurately. Jisun supposes being cooped up in a basement with volitile trainees could make you good at that for survival's sake