failed alien host (Gyuri-centric)

Go Hard, Then Go Home | A fromis_9 collection

Gyuri takes a deep breath and steels herself. It's not necessary to do this, to come out, but she's always hated secrets, and the group's continued interest in Saerom's stories about escapades with both boys and girls reassures Gyuri that she won't get negative reactions, so she steps into the living room. four of the members are present, and the ones in the kitchen are within earshot, and honestly, that makes Gyuri more comfortable. Not having eight pairs of eyes on her at once is a relief. She'll tell the rest of the group later. She sits on the couch and waits for a lull in the noise coming from Jiwon and Seoyeon in the corner. When it comes, she clears and the girls in the corner pause to look at her. "I've had this thing inside me for a while," She pauses.

Jisun raises her eyebrows at the "inside me," not looking up from her book.

Gyuri blushes at the unintentional entendre, and hurries to continue before Jisun can look up with a smirk. "and it's been growing to the point that I can't ignore it anymore."

Jiwon and Seoyeon speak at the same time "You're pregnant?" "Is it cancer?"

Gyuri's eyes go wide and she shoots her hands in front of herself to deny. Maybe that wasn't the way to continue her sentence. "No! Jesus! No to both of those!"

Jiwon and Seoyeon look crestfallen and relieved respectively. "Damn." "Good."

Chaeyoung barrels in a few seconds later, foot catching on the edge of the rug and stumbling to a halt leaning over Gyuri, who's leaning way back on the couch to put some room between her and the panting girl. "Yes!" Chaeyoung pumps her fist much to close to Gyuri's face for her comfort. "My alien injection worked!"

Gyuri furrows her brows. What? Chaeyoung doesn't provide any more explanation, crossing the room to sit with Jiwon and Seoyeon in the corner.

Saerom leans in from the kitchen. "Is it edible?"

Gyuri opens to respond because, again, What?, but she's interrupted by

Nakyung, who's hunched over the computer table in the other corner of the room, and on her eighth straight hour of gaming, gets plowed off the side of a cliff and leans back with a frustrated huff, turning to Gyuri with a cross expression on her face. "Is it the stick up your ?"

Gyuri forgets how mean Nakyung can get while playing Overwatch, but she knows the girl will cuddle with them all later to make up for it.

Jiheon, who she can only barely hear over the resumed animal noises from the three in the corner, shouts from the kitchen. "This is why we need to filter the water!" Jiheon pokes her head into the living room, one hand on her hip, "There aren't worms in filtered water!"

Gyuri doesn't ask. The one other sane person in this dorm has a weird fascination with tapeworms and no one's told her that the water filtration system in their building should take care of it. Gyuri just buries her face in her hands.

Hayoung walks into the room a few seconds later, rubbing sleep out of her eyes, and sees Gyuri with her head in her hands as Nakyung's character respawns and she resumes cussing at the computer. Jisun is flipping the pages of her book at an alarmingly fast rate--she cannot possibly be reading that fast--and jiheon is lecturing a concerned-looking saerom about the dangers of unfiltered water. The chaos trio are...barking? And all seems normal to Hayoung until Gyuri lifts her head and shouts "I'm gay, alright?!?" Everyone pauses. Chaeyoung shoots up and plows over Jiwon on her way to hug Gyuri. "I'm so happy for you!" And then mumbles "even if you're a failed alien host" loud enough for most of the girls to hear it. Hayoung looks over the scene and backs away out the door. She'll congratulate Gyuri later.