Final

Don't Say Goodbye

It's a saturday but Jeongyeon has always been an early riser through and through so even though she had a rough night, she was now making breakfast. Her headache has subsided now also after taking medicine, though she will still be fine even without it. She has grown tolerance when it comes to headaches and hangovers after months of drinking till dawn and going to work in the morning immediately.

She laid down the food and was about to lift her fork up when her doorbell rings. She looks at the clock hanging on the living room wall.

7am. Who would be here so early in the morning? Nayeon and Jihyo couldnt be because those two are sleeping logs when it comes to weekends.

Jeongyeon didn't bother to peek through the hole and just opened the door.

"Hi!" Sana greeted with a shaky voice, blinking like broken headlights not being able to stare at her far longer.

Jeongyeon's grip on the door tightened just as her heart stricken seeing her again.

Sana still looks very beautiful even with just a messy high ponytail and a simple outfit of sports bra, tight jogging pants and running shoes

She looks like a model for a branded athlete clothes.

Sana nervously nibbles her lower lip as Jeongyeon's not saying anything and is just looking intently at her.

The older one was examining her features again as if she has forgotten how she looked like.

She never did.

Because every night she dreams about her.

Not a day has passed that she has forgotten her brown doe eyes that seemed to only looked at her and no one else. She has never forgotten how those pointed nose used to , how it would brush against hers whenever they kiss. Or how her lips felt or how she always tasted like strawberries. Or how her ears would burn red whenever the oldest complimented her.

She has taken note of every details about her and never forgot about it since then. Not in a million years.

Maybe she is just admiring her face again.

Yes, maybe she really is. Because all that she can think about right now, is cup her beautiful face and shower it with kisses.

Jeongyeon immediately looked away dismissing her thoughts after realizing what she had on her mind.

"Jeongyeon?" Sana asked, her voice hoarse trying to hold back her tears.

Jeongyeon finally reacted and lifted her gaze to meet her eyes. She stared and Sana finally locked eyes with her.

They stayed silent for a moment, looking each other in the eyes talking with no words just with their eyes. Something they always did in the past whenever they woke up in the morning.

But there was nothing, Jeongyeon had her walls so Sana broke the silence.

"I, uhm -Sana's words hitched. She closed her eyes for a moment to swallow the hard lump before opening her eyes again and finish the sentence, "I didnt want to bother you anymore. I know we talked about this. I tried talking to you about this and I know you already gave me your answer but no matter how much I tried..." Sana took a step forward, " I still cant find the meaning to your answer." Her tears finally streamed down her face and the brown doe eyes that always shimmered under the sun was now sparkling with tears like diamonds. It's beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time to see.

Jeongyeon's hand drops and tried to reach for her but she stopped. She doesn't deserve to hold her, not when she's the reason why the younger girl is crying.

"You said you needed space. I tried to look what you wanted to find but all I could see was an empty place without you. The space suffocated me, Jeongyeon thats why I moved back to Japan. But the space got even wider and I felt even more miserable there. So tell me, Jeongyeon did the space that you needed made you feel better? Because it was killing me. Even now, the gap between us is killing me. " Her voice was strong and determined, she wants an answer.

She didnt want to be weak again because thats what made Jeongyeon push her away easily. She has to stand still and not break. Her tears are only pent up frustrations and sadness from being away from her for so long. She was strong right now.

Jeongyeon her lips, nervous at the strong gaze Sana is giving her. She has always been the strong one between them but today she feels weaker, smaller. Smaller under her gaze, smaller under her own thoughts because she never tried to take Sana back and her she was, the girl whom she pushed away, is the one who's trying to fix their relationship.

She feels for not trying.

Jeongyeon shook her head and gave a small smile finally realizing Sana was the one making her strong.

She was never strong. Sana made her into one. Without her she was weak, she was crippled and she was slowly dying.

Jeongyeon took a deep breathe finally giving up and let her guard down, let her pride that kept her from following Sana in Japan to get her back, vanish into thin air.

"I dont deserve you. I dont deserve another chance." Jeongyeon finally uttered the words she has been longing to tell her.

"You don't."

Sana's word has taken her aback but she stood still, not wanting to turn her back at her anymore. She has even decided to become a punching bag for the younger girl if she ever wants to hit her for being a douchebag, or let her cuss and talk down on her even though she's older. She'll let her if that means having Sana back in her life. If that means Sana will take her back.

Sana's words and actions are nothing compared to what she did to the younger girl. So she's ready to hear and take Sana's harsh words into her heart, it'll hurt her but she'll gladly take it as a compensation for breaking her heart and redemption to become someone better for her.

"I still think you don't but we're getting back together and you'll take care of me so you can prove me wrong." Sana closed the gap between them as she took another step and wrapped her arms around taller girl's neck.

"And I'm gonna show it to you and let you see that you really are my happiness." She tiptoed and leaned to kiss her after saying "Because it's the truth".

But Jeongyeon stopped her and all of Sana's confidence shattered right there and then. The taller girl pulled away and tilted her head to her right before caressing her face.

"I forgot about your happiness and focused on the future. Thats when I lost you. I never intended to. You have to know that."

Sana leaned to her touch and closed her eyes, humming to her with a smile on her face.

"The stress at work, I shouldn't have taken it out on you. You never did anything wrong and I shouldn't have forced you on a job you didn't even liked in the first place."

Sana's eyes opened hearing her voice crack and saw the older one's tears that has been bottled up finally released itself and poured down. The younger one immediately wiped the tears away.

"I was afraid you'll leave me if I wouldn't be able to give you a good life."  She said, looking at Sana with sincerity and sadness and the younger girl finally understood why Jeongyeon was always angry, always in a hurry. She thought Sana wouldn't like her if she was anything less, but Sana always thought she was everything. Her everything.

"I didnt fell inlove with you because of your career. You know me. I never thought about that for a second. When I was with you, I only thought about how lucky I was to be with you. I love you for who you are, Yoo Jeongyeon. Don't forget about that."

Jeongyeon nodded and cried even more but this time, it's because she is deeply touched at what the younger girl had said to her.

Sana added, "I should've been happy knowing you were thinking about the future with me in it. But I couldn't see it, I was too childish and stubborn. I thought being happy with you in the present was enough for me. I never thought about the future, I'm sorry for not being able to understand you."

Jeongyeon opened immediately and said,  "And I'm sorry that I let our differences come between us. I'm sorry that it became the reason for us to fall apart when it should've be the one that made us stronger. We are two different people but thats what makes us fit. I am too complicated but you make my life simple. "

Sana continued what the older girl wanted to say,  "And I was too afraid of whats far beyond that I stayed cooped up on one place until you dared me to come out of my shelter, out of comfort zone. You make me  better person and I thank you for that."

The younger smiled and Jeongyeon finally stopped crying. Her lips tugged into a smile before leaning towards Sana this time to continue the kiss that they almost forgot about.

And Jeongyeon is right, Sana still tastes like strawberry.