Part 2

Don't Say Goodbye

Six months have passed but nothing was making it any better.

Jeongyeon is still stuck on the past.

Though time kept moving forward and everything around her changed somehow Jeongyeon still manages to find anything that reminded her of Sana.

The scent of the younger girl was no longer there but she was able to keep one perfume bottle that belongs to her. She would spray all over the bed whenever she goes to sleep and find herself falling asleep with the thoughts of her.

She even learned how to cook the first few months to cope up and think about how Sana always looked good in apron especially if there was nothing except it. Her food was always more delicious than what Jeongyeon makes also.

She also now manages her time well and not overwork herself to come home earlier as if there’s still someone waiting to welcome her with open arms and kisses.

She daydreams about her. Everywhere she goes she sees Sana.

But it wasn’t enough.

Sometimes she would have wet dreams about her also and it was okay, it definitely made her feel a little bit better but not for her friends.

Nayeon and Jihyo had enough of her drama. The girl who always had two moves ahead of everyone was now stuck, frozen in time. So the two dragged her into a club again for the nth time to at least hook her up with someone for the night. She has been ually frustrated as well that’s why her mumblings about Sana has gotten worse over time. She would even tell her friends about her nights with Sana, well at least when she was drunk.

Yes, they love her very much but talking about Sana every time they meet was no longer a welcoming topic. It’s irritating and maddening especially if they are forced to imagine how devilishly y Sana is in lingerie. Jeongyeon is a good story-teller and they hate her for that. The two would’ve dropped her already if she wasn’t family.

So here they are now, queuing to get inside to the new hottest bar in town that just opened last week.

They say the owner is a femme fatale and has been rejecting every men who had set their eyes on her. Even the great Mark Tuan, the hottest (according to Jihyo’s not so straight heart) but the biggest jerk in their office was rejected by her. Nayeon commented that maybe she isn’t into boys, (her gay heart already palpitates at a dangerous level just thinking about it).

“You will definitely get laid tonight, Yoo Jeongyeon. Trust me.” Nayeon announced while they find their way to their designated private booth that Jihyo had reserved for them.

Jeongyeon rolls her eyes as she already heard her oldest friend say those words a thousand times since the break up. Jihyo saw her quiet reaction and patted her back to silently tell her to let Nayeon just do her thing and not violently complain like the last time. (Jeongyeon got very drunk and threw a bottle across the table when the oldest friend tried to drag her to the dance floor).

Nayeon patted the empty space next to her when she finally sat down on the u-shape red leather sofa. Jihyo was sitting next to her left so Jeongyeon sat on Nayeon’s right side. The booth is extremely relaxing that it made Jeongyeon calm her nerves because it was already starting to get her when she heard a familiar song as soon as they set foot inside the new bar.

A waiter approached and asked them what they were going to have. Nayeon took over and ordered for them refusing Jeongyeon’s choice of cola with ice.

Jeongyeon is never the type to drink her feelings when it’s too much for her to handle but being with Nayeon these past few months, the party animal has somehow influenced her into drinking as well. So she just let her.

“At least have a vodka martini. You love it, right?” Nayeon whisper-yell at her.

The booth is slightly closed and surrounded them with walls but the noise still manages to get through as it is only made of thin walls and their speakers are really installed everywhere.

“Just because I drink it, doesn’t mean I love it!” she replied.

Nayeon and Jihyo narrowed their eyes and leaned their ears towards her after to try to hear what she was saying because she didn’t shout, she just raised the tone on her voice.

“WHAT?” Jihyo shouted but more likely was just being her naturally loud self.

Jeongyeon shook her head in amusement and gave a small smile before replying, “Nothing. Thank you for taking me out.”

She was being sincere. Yes, she hates parties, drinking and the ideas of having one night stands but if it means she will be with them and not be alone, then it’s fine with her.

They can throw her to every girl that flirts with her and she’ll let them because she knows at the end of the day, her friends will come pick her up when the fun ends.

But she only had two one-night stands, two Japanese at that.

Well, one one night stand if you think about the other.

Nayeon and Jihyo didn’t mind that maybe their friend has a thing for Japanese girls because they were more than glad that at least she tried.

Jeongyeon did try.

She asked Momo for breakfast after the night but the dance instructor didn’t want more than a night of passion only.

Jeongyeon tried with Mina as well. Everything was perfect. She was starting to fall inlove with the young Japanese ballerina and who knows maybe she would’ve moved on with her if only the ballerina didn’t literally moved to England to follow her dreams. Well, Jeongyeon wanted to follow her but Mina wasn’t sure if they were on that level where they would sacrifice for one another. So they broke up after only a month of their relationship.

And so Nayeon and Jihyo are her designated wing women again to get her back in the game, whatever that means.

Jeongyeon does feel grateful but it was burdening as well to meet their expectations and somehow that lead her to finally understand what Sana had been feeling whenever she pressured her to do better, to think about the future.

It made her miserable and feel awful about how cruel she might’ve become towards her ex-girlfriend.

She had the best girl in the world and she let her go.

So stupid of her to do that.

Why was she even making a big deal about the future?

She was always thinking about it, always doing things for the future that she forgot that she had a life happening in the present with Sana.

But she was busy in the present because she wanted a future with Sana!

Stupid!

Because of that kind of thinking you just lost both her and your future!

No, she was my future. I just forgot about that.

 

 

 

 

“Jeongyeon?” a sweet familiar voice snapped her out of her thoughts. She whipped her head to the direction of the voice and there stands the very woman she was just thinking about.

Sana. Her hair is raven black now with bangs and she’s wearing a dark blue blazer with a black ribbon, black tight pants and knee boots that makes her look like a y CEO or something.

And for a moment, Jeongyeon thought she was daydreaming again so she blinked. Once. Twice. So many times. The figure still remained intact and true, even brightly smiling at them now as if she didn’t go through any pain in the past. As if the woman in front of her has always been happy.

“Sana?” Jihyo asked while she squinted her eyes to make sure she was indeed the girl.

The said girl nodded and flashed another smile at Jihyo and Nayeon who also asked her what she was doing her and why didn’t she say anything to them.

Sana was part of their group so Jeongyeon thought she would still see her even after the break up (so maybe that’s why she thought breaking up with her was easier). But she moved back to Japan, not being able to fathom being Jeongyeon’s friend again.

If Jeongyeon needed space, Sana needed time to heal.

So Jeongyeon let her go and the rest of their friends let her be.

But now she’s back looking gorgeous as ever. Even better, though she has looked good according to Jeongyeon.

But the last time Jeongyeon saw her she was a mess. A crying tired mess and for that Jeongyeon curses herself again for making her cry, making her feel unloved and feel less beautiful.

Sana hesitated to answer because seeing Jeongyeon again made her feel vulnerable, made all the wounds that she thought had healed in time, opened again.

“I-uhm. My father wanted me to handle the new family business since I was having a hard time finding a job back in Japan.”

If the music wasn’t loud, Jeongyeon would’ve heard how strained her voice was. And if the light wasn’t against Sana’s face, Jeongyeon would see a teary eyed girl that can break down any moment if someone pushes the button.

Thankfully, Nayeon and Jihyo only nodded in satisfaction and didn’t pry anymore while Jeongyeon just remained quiet, unable to come up with words to say something.

She just can’t say, Welcome back because she was the one who pushed her away.

Or please take me back because she was the one who let go.

Her guilt wouldn’t let her so she remained silent and glued to her seat when Nayeon and Jihyo stood up and greeted her with a kiss on the cheeks, something Sana always favoured when someone greets her.

And when Sana expectantly looked at Jeongyeon both of them realized how awkward that would be so they looked away.

Jihyo always the observant one broke the awkward atmosphere and offered Sana to sit down.

“I’m sorry, I can’t. I was just on my way back to the office.”

She wasn’t. She saw Jeongyeon and went to their booth but the courage to speak to her ex-girlfriend vanished when she saw how Jeongyeon still looks so good, still makes her heart pound crazily. She chickened out afraid that Jeongyeon will push her again because she doesn’t know how to exactly say what she feels when nervous which she is now.

All of them knew it was a lie. Sana isn’t a good liar, she would bite her lips, her hands would fidget and her eyes would wander around whenever she does so it was quite obvious even though the lightings are quite dark.

“Oh, okay we’ll just be here until Jeongyeon gets la- Jihyo jabbed her in her sides and Nayeon immediately smack with her palm finally processing what she was just about to say.

The oldest girl looked at Jeongyeon who would’ve lasered eyes her now but the girl was only looking emptily at the martini glass, drowning on her own thoughts again.

Sana forced a smile and took a glance at Jeongyeon first before finally going back to her office.

“Phew, that was nerve-wrecking.” Nayeon commented, wiping the invisible sweat from her forehead as she plops down the sofa again.

Jihyo only rolled her eyes at Nayeon at sat beside Jeongyeon instead to comfort the sad girl.

“She looks good.” The sad girl finally spoke and looked at them with empty gaze.

Jihyo nodded but Nayeon only stared back with pity eyes.

“I guess she finally found her happiness again.” She swallowed thickly, her own words piercing her heart.

She then her lips as it was getting dry because it feels like all the moisture and water in her body was now gathering on her eyes.

“I guess so.” Jihyo was unsure. Sana indeed looks happy but there was something in her eyes that said so otherwise. Like she was holding something back.

 

(A/N: I didnt like how Jeongyeon hurt Sana so I'm adding another chapter. This isn't one-shot anymore. Hahaha)