When You’re Not Here

Sometimes Lie is (UN)necessary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dahyun!”

 

Dahyun looked up when her name being called. “U-unnie..”

 

“What happened? How can this happened? Is Sana okay? How-“ Jeongyeon stopped Momo from asking.

 

“Stop asking her everything at once Momo. What happened Dahyun?”

 

“I.. going h-home. She.. across.. street. The car.. so f-fast.. The driver.. drunk and.. crash Sana unnie.” Dahyun looked down and hid behind her knees again,crying.

 

“Let her calm down first.” Nayeon sat beside Dahyun and hugged her. “You can tell us later Dahyun ah. It’s okay. She will be okay.”

 

Dahyun just nodded behind her knees and leaned on Nayeon. They all sat there quietly waiting for the doctor to come out from the operation room.

 

 

Nayeon still beside Dahyun, calming her down with Tzuyu sat on her other side just observing everyone quietly. Momo sat with Jeongyeon and Mina who tried to calm the Japanese down, feeling to frustrated waiting for the doctor.

 

“Why are they taking so long? It’s been 4 hours and they still haven’t finished?!” Momo stood up and walked neared the door for the nth times.

 

“They will come out soon Momo. Just go back to your seat. Stop making us more frustrated with your rambling!” Nayeon stood up and spatted.

 

“I’m just worry okay? She is my bestfriend inside this ing room!” Momo answered back.

 

“She’s also our BESTFRIEND. You think you’re the only one feeling worry?!”

 

“You don’t know how worried i am!“

 

“You-

 

“Stop it you two!” Mina spoke up for the first time since they arrived there. “We all worry. We all tired of waiting. But they will come out soon. Sana will be okay. She has to be okay.”

 

Momo sighed and leaned to the wall behind her. “I’m sorry.”

 

“I’m also sorry to lash out at you.” Nayeon went back to her seat and buried her face against her hands.

 

“It’s all my fault.” Dahyun suddenly said, gained everyone’s attention. “I could have saved her. She was right in front of me. I should have ran faster. I should have pushed her away.” Dahyun burried her face behind her palms. “I’m so sorry. I don’t know what must i do if something happened to her.”

 

Everyone just looked at each other didn’t know what to do. They all want to believe that everything will be okay but deep down they also didn’t know.

 

“It’s-“

 

“You can’t save her no matter what Dahyun.” Nayeon was about to talk again but Tzuyu beat her to do that.

 

“Like you said the car was so fast. How can you know some bastard would drive his car while drunk and hit Sana unnie? It’s not your fault. It’s absolutely his fault.” Tzuyu said calmly but everyone knew how frustrated she was inside. She was angry but what’s the good of lashing out her anger right now?

 

“Tzuyu is right Dahyun ah. It’s not your fault. What will happen if something happen to you when you save Sana? We also won’t like it. Especially Sana would also hate it. Let’s just wait and hoping for the best.” Mina smiled weakly.

 

 

Another hour passed when finally the doctor came out. They all rushed to ask how their friend was.

 

“Can i talk to Minatozaki Sana’s family?”

 

“Her parents are on their way here. We are her friends you can talk to us.” Momo said right away. “How is she doctor?”

 

“The operation is success. She is stable now.”

 

“Oh my god..”

 

“Thanks god.”

 

“But..” The doctor talked again.

 

Everyone fell silent once again.

 

“What’s wrong doctor?” Jeongyeon asked.

 

“We have moved her to the ICU. Even though she is stable now she is in coma and we cannot make sure when she will regain her consciousness. Let’s just hope for the best.”

 

“Impossible.. Sana unnie..”

 

Everyone lost all their strength including Dahyun who was about to fall down but fortunately Tzuyu was fast to catch her.

 

“I’m so sorry to tell you this. Nurse Kim will show you the way to Miss Minatozaki’s room. Now excuse me..” The doctor bowed and then left.

 

 

After the talk with the doctor they all walked following the said nurse. The walk there was completely in silence, with no one uttered a word just sniffles could be heard from all of them except Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Tzuyu.

 

The three girls tried hard to suppress their tears and be strong for the sake of their friends. Just seeing how a wreck Dahyun, Mina and Momo just made them could not let even a single tear out. The girls walked in pairs with one of them wailing their tears out and the others consoling them.

 

Nayeon side hugged Mina while giving her some soothing words to calm her down, Jeongyeon and Momo walked hand in hand with Jeongyeon kept checking on her friend as Momo hadn’t said anything just kept looking down ever since the talk with the doctor. And lastly at the very back, Dahyun with Tzuyu who trying to help Dahyun walked steadily.

 

 

“Here is the room. Only two of you can come inside at once. I will be in charge of taking care of Miss Minatozaki. If you need anything you can just press the bell and i’ll come right away.”

 

“Okay. Thank you ma’am.” Jeongyeon once again be the one who took charge in talking.

 

 

The girls took turn for going in to check on Sana. As the last pair to go inside with Tzuyu, Dahyun became more and more nervous seeing how her other friends after coming out from the room. Even Nayeon and Jeongyeon who had been trying hard to suppress their tears were giving up in the end.

 

When the time came for Dahyun to come in, her chest was thumping more violently and her breath was much more faster. She looked down, didn’t dare to see how Sana’s state, let Tzuyu dragged her in.

 

When they finally stopped in front of the said girl, Dahyun dared herself to look up at Sana and in instant her thumping heart and fast breathing were stopped. She felt the weight on her chest became much more heavier

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter