When My Heart Beats Faster

Sometimes Lie is (UN)necessary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your daughter has an amnesia because of the impact on her head. From our examination she can’t recall certain memories from the last 4 years. We can’t say for certain if her memories will be back or not but we can put her on therapy to help her. And also i suggest for her to be in the environment where she can’t remember.”

 

 

“Uncle! Aunty! What did the doctor say?” Momo approached Sana’s parents after their meet up with the doctor.

 

“She lost part of her memories which is from the last 4 years. The last thing she remembers is before she went here to study abroad.”

 

“That’s why she looks confused with me speaking Korean.” Mina said quietly but loud enough for everyone to hear.

 

“Her memories will return right?” Dahyun asked.

 

“We hope so.” Sana’s dad smiled bitterly.

 

“That’s why we decide to let her stay here in Korea. The doctor also suggest that. It might help her to remember.”

 

“And Momo can you please help me find a place to stay?”

 

“Of course aunty. You don’t need to ask.” Momo said which got a silent thank you from Sana’s mom.

 

“Honey are you sure it’s okay to take a leave that long? We can‘t know for sure how long you need to stay here.”

 

“I’ll try to talk to them. They will understand.”

 

“I hope so.”

 

 

“How about we take care of Sana here so you can still go to work and come here whenever you can?” Mina gave suggestion.

 

“You’re right.” Momo exclaimed. “There are 6 of us we can take turn whenever some of us have other things to do.”

 

“We won’t leave Sana alone ma’am. You can trust us.”

 

“I’m not so sure.” Sana ‘s mom said.

 

“I think it’s okay honey. We all know you can’t leave your work for too long. We can come and stay here for some times before we need to get back to work. Sana will be okay. Being with her friends here more will help her recover her memories.” Sana’s dad reassured.

 

There was a silent moment for few seconds until Sana’s mom gave up. “Fine. But you guys will call me right away if anything happens and give me daily report on how she is doing everyday. I won’t be able to go to sleep if i don’t know how’s my girl doing.”

 

“Of course aunty. We will.” Mina reassured.

 

“Thank you Mina.” She hugged Mina. “And you Momo. I hope you still can find me a place so i can stay there when i come here.”

 

“Of course aunty. I’ll call you back when i find one.” Momo hugged her too.

 

“And you guys. Thank you for your concern for Sana. She had made so many good friends. It’s a same our first meeting must be in this condition.”

 

“No problem ma’am. Sana is a good friend. She will do the same for us.” Jeongyeon said.

 

“Okay then i think you guys need some rest. We still can stay here until she is discharged next week.”

 

“Can we come here tomorrow?” Dahyun asked.

 

“Of course sweetie. You are all welcome. No need to ask for our permission.”

 

——————

 

“Welcome home Sana!!” Everyone shouted when Sana and Momo came into their apartment. Today was Sana’s discharge day so they made the so called welcoming party at Momo and Sana’s shared apartment.

 

“T-thank you..” Sana said still recovering from the shock. She didn’t expect this at all so of course she was startled. Moreover most of the people inside were ‘new friends’ for her.

 

After the past days of visiting Sana at the hospital Sana felt more comfortable with everyone now. But of course having no memories about the past 4 years at all still made her a little bit awkward on what to do. It was like meeting new friends and tried to get close again. But fortunately everyone was so nice and tried to act as normal as possible so she wouldn’t feel uncomfortable with them. And she was really thankful for that.

 

“Let me take your belonging. I’ll put it in your room. Take this chance to get more comfortable with everyone okay?” Sana nodded and saw Mina went inside her room.

 

“But remember to take it easy okay? Don’t force yourself. Come on.” Momo patted her back and pulled her along toward the crowds.

 

 

”Come here Sana. We bought a lot of food. Too much actually. But we know someone will take care of them.” Jeongyeon eyed Momo and the girl just gave her a thumb up. She already stuck her face into her beloved jokbal.

 

“We have your favorite cheese kimbap. Say ah..” Jeongyeon fed Sana up. “How is it? You remember something? Chijeu kimbap!” Sana just looked at her confused.

 

“You don’t remember? You always do that aegyo a lot. Even the kimbap ahjumma loves it. She saves it on her phone. Try to do it. Maybe it can trigger your memories. Come on.”

 

“Stop it Jeong!” Nayeon slapped Jeongyeon’s head.

 

“Ow! It’s hurt! You violence bunny!”

 

“She won’t suddenly remember just because of your pathetic impersonation.”

 

“What! I’m just trying to help!”

 

“Well.. That’s not helping.”

 

“You’re . How can you stand her ridiculousness Mina?!”

 

“How dare you call me ridiculous! And don’t bring Mina into this!”

 

“Here’s come the Tom and Jerry couple. I wonder how they can be friend all this time.” Tzuyu groaned and walked away to get something else to eat. “You won’t try to stop them?”

 

“That will remain a mystery. Even i don’t know what’s wrong with them. And no thank you. It’s pointless.” Mina answered and also lost interest. “Just let them be Sana. There’s a lot of food to eat. Eat anything you want.”

 

“Yah! Momo don’t eat all the jokbal! We also want jokbal you pig!”

 

“Chi-chijeu kimbap?”

 

Everyone stopped what they were doing. Jeongyeon and Nayeon stopped arguing and even Momo stopped eating her jokbal and looked at Sana.

 

“Y-you remember unnie?” Tzuyu asked hopefully.

 

“No. Hahaha.. I’m just trying to say it. Did i do it wrongly?”

 

“No you do it perfectly. Completely like how you usually do!” Jeongyeon said still in disbelief.

 

“Wow.. Damn.. Your aegyo still there even with you have amnesia. It must have ran down in your blood.” Nayeon gave Sana standing ovation and two thumbs up.

 

“I will never be able to be freed from her disgusting aegyo! Please save me God!” Momo shouted dramatically.

 

“Shut it pig you’re so loud. Just eat your food.” Mina said sarcastically.

 

“Oh my God why do you hate me so much? My bestfriend is disgus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter