Part 5

Against The Fate: Finding Suho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson and Seungkwan were having a lunch without single worry for their abducted friend who might become a sacrifice candidate to this rundown, backward village. 

While looking at their carefree visual, Mrs.Kim who was supposed to direct them the wrong way was feeling like sitting on needles. Whenever they looked at the door a little longer, her heart would go 'pang'. Despite her giving constant side-eyes to them, they just wouldn't display any kind of desire to find their companion. [It isn't supposed to go this way!] she thought as they went up to their room. 

After a while, the landline telephone of the inn rang. "Hello?" Mrs.Kim answered.

"What about the girl's friends? Have they left yet? I'm calling to see what happened since there was no news. Is there any problem?" The man's displeased voice came from the other side of the receiver.

Mrs.Kim didn't know what to say. "No matter how much I wanted to direct them to the wrong way, they indicate no desire to leave, even less look for the girl. They had been eating and drinking as if they were on vacation. It's not like I can chase them out," she complained. "Village Head, what should we do now?"

"Just don't let them catch any suspicion for now. Anyway, I'll send my son soon. Prepare the room. Don't let last year repeat itself again."

"Oh, did he tried to stop the ceremony again? Don't worry. I added iron bars to his room already. He won't be able to escape like last year," she assured.

 

In the meantime, Anir's seemingly unreliable two friends were listening to their conversation with one of Woozi's new inventions.

Jackson rubbed his chin while saying, "It seems there's still someone who kept their humanity intact in this village."

Seungkwan wasn't sure about the intact humanity part, but he didn't rebut him. "If we get our hands on him, I'm sure we can get information about this ceremony. Even Anir's motive for getting involved in it if we're lucky."

 

After understanding their plan, they locked their room from inside and got out through the window to hide close by when the certain 'package' arrives.

Soon, the son of the village head was escorted to Inn with two men holding his hands.

"Are you sure he's the real biological son of village head? He looks more like a criminal," Jackson said.

Seungkwan couldn't blame him for suspecting so. The two escorts were glaring at the boy like he was some abominable being who dug up their ancestral burial.

As our two were watching like a hawk, two escorts handed the boy to Mrs.Kim who led them to the pre-prepared room.

"Don't let him out until tomorrow. He just tried to release the 'lamb'. If it wasn't for that 'lambs' obliviousness, we would have an additional problem," one of them grumbled.

Seungkwan sharply turned around when he heard the word 'lamb'. As he expected he saw Jackson's red face, right about to burst into hysterical laughter. He hurriedly shut his mouth and nose with his hands without any concern for his need for oxygen. "Shut up. Do you want us to get caught?' he hissed.

Unsurprisingly, tears started to well up in Jackson's eyes as he struggled to remove Seungkwan's deadly claws away. When faced with a life or death situation, he had to stifle his laughter.

He glared at Seungkwan as if saying, 'Are you trying to kill me? Were you just waiting for a suitable excuse?'

After making sure that the unreliable werewolf wouldn't make noise anymore, he released him while eye-rolling.

"But did you hear them? 'Lamb'? Hahahaha... She's more like a wolf in sheep's skin!" Jackson whispered while giggling as if he wasn't about to kick the bucket just a few seconds ago.

Seungkwan wanted to facepalm.

Thankfully their little scuffle wasn't noticed. After the unnecessary characters left the room, the boy left banging on the door, demanding to be released. "Let me out! You all don't understand! The Mountain Deity neither wants blood nor bride. Stop killing those innocent girls!"

Jackson stopped giggling after hearing his words. "Bride? Do they offer 'bride' to their god? These sick bastards! And what 'god'? Every one of them left many years ago," he fumed while stomping his feet.

Seungkwan gave him a look and went to pick the door locks. [He sounds like 'god' really exists... or existed.] 

When the boy heard a noise from the lock, he stopped banging and patiently waited inside.

It didn't take long for Seungkwan to open the door. After unlocking, they went inside in a rush. 

"Who are you?" the boy was slightly alarmed when seeing unfamiliar faces. He wanted to take a defensive posture upon seeing Jackson's menacing look which he hadn't manage to hide, but his hands were tied behind.

Seungkwan had a good first impression of the boy as the teenager had very clean and honest eyes. The boy was in his teenage, probably around 15. Ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter