Part 4

Against The Fate: Finding Suho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I have something to do and I absolutely forbid you from following or looking for me until I come back.”

That’s what was written on the letter Anir got Zitao to deliver.

After reading it expressionlessly, Seungkwan said, “Hmm... She sure has an authoritative speech,” as he tossed his bag on his back.

When they woke up in the morning, they found themselves spooning each other. Seungkwan still has no idea how they ended up in the same blanket when they clearly used two blankets before they slept. He who became a little spoon still couldn’t face the thick-faced Jackson who had a relaxed, laid-back, and even teasing attitude. [I’m gonna tell on him to Jeonghan-hyung!] he cried inside.

Seeing he was about to head out, “Are you going to follow her even though she instructed you not to?” asked Jackson. He was a little interested in her best friend’s subordinate who’s not subordinate at the same time. He evaluated him a someone who wears a little trippy clothes, but still has a professional attitude.

“Of course. I have an order to protect her, after all,” he replied without hesitation.

As Seungkwan walked out the door, looking very much like a professional radish seller, Jackson followed him out leisurely. He was interested in how he was going to find Anir in this place with the small-town syndrome. [Even if this village was small, how can this place be that technologically backward?] 

While he was lamenting inside, he saw Seungkwan trying to find information from the innkeeper. The innkeeper was around fifty years old chubby lady called Mrs.Kim. 

"Good morning, Mrs.Kim. You look even younger under sunlight. What's your secret?" Seungkwan with a frivolous smile. 

Mrs.Kim 's eyes were lit with a smile but still pretended to be angry, "Such a sweet mouth. What are you doing by teasing an old woman like me for?"

"Who said you're old? People would totally believe if you said you were in your 20s!"

After a few flirty banter with Mrs.Kim, Seungkwan got to the main topic. "By the way, is today a special day? I couldn't help but notice people dressed up more than yesterday."

Mrs.Kim nodded, "Today's our benevolent Mountain Deity's worship day. You should've realized. Our Deity lives in the mountain behind our village and protects us from harms-"

*cough*

As she was explaining, someone interrupted her with a cough. When the three looked back to the door, there was a little girl around ten. "Grandma, mom asked you to buy some wine," she said crisply.

"Huh? Ah! I understand. Tell her that I will." 

The Innkeeper didn't continue to chat with them and hurried away. 

Jackson rubbed his chin and profoundly said, "Her shifty eyes are making it hard for me not to suspect anything and everything. Mr.Bodyguard, don't you think so?"

Seungkwan glanced at him before nodding, "Yeah. Are there some illegal things going on? Why did she have to act so guilty? What that little girl was trying to hide?"

"Who knows? Judging from their attitude, there's something fishy with their worship ceremony. My bet is on human sacrifice."

"..." 

"... Do you think our Anir has become that sacrifice?"

"From my limited impression of her, I do think so."

"..."

"..." 

They were thinking, [What is she plotting?]

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter