Part 2

Against The Fate: Finding Suho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anir’s POV 

 

I felt like this was blasphemy! How dare he not believe me?! I’m not as dishonest as he thinks!... wait. That's not quite wrong. But when did I ever lie to him?... Ah... right. 

I went to Luhan’s room to announce my departure, still feeling like a victim even though he had every reason to not believe me. It's just... it was a little annoying.  

As I walked through halls, the conversation between Cheol and me was playing on repeat on my mind.  

“You are naïve to believe in such a childish myth. How are you planning to live in this country with your mindset?” he told me. He was looking down on me, belittling me... Well, not really. But naïve? Me? Haha. No. There're many words to describe me, but naïve is not one of them. I know that vampires exist and I’ll prove it to him. And when I bring one to him, he’ll kneel before my throne. Moohahaha. 

To think again, how dare he not believe in my words! 

When I entered Luhan’s office, Sehun and Xiumin were there too. They've been inseparable lately. That was one thing I was really grateful to Luhan. He seemed to be fond of Sehunnie and always took care of him, even though he tried not to be obvious, it was clear in his eyes. To be honest, I was a bit worried when I first brought him here. 

I yelled as I shut the door “I’m leaving right now!” and successfully got their attention.  

“What? What happened? Why?” Luhan asked me, putting away his notebook. I must admit, I like it when he gives me his undivided attention. People should be more like him. Especially, S.Coups. When someone is trying to talk, you should pay attention, you know? 

“I’m going to find a vampire,” I told them. But I wasn’t expecting that sentence would be so shocking that all of them would choke on air.  

“V-vampires?” Xiumin stuttered. They don’t believe in them, too, huh? 

I got annoyed again. Why is it so hard to accept that other species besides humans live amongst us? Myths... They’re real. Maybe a little exaggerated, but there’s truth to them. If not, why would they even exist in the first place? 

I went to sit beside Sehun. But lost my footing when I sat. “Yes. Cheol bet that I can’t find one. And I want to prove him wrong!” I explained. While they sat in silence, I was waiting for their speech of denial of their existence. But to my surprise, Sehun asked who Cheol was. From their face, they really didn’t recognize that name.  

“S.Coups.” So it was true when Jeonghan said no one knows S.Coups’ real name. Then it must be the same for DK. Then what about Dino? Or Woozi? They sound a little strange, too. I should ask them later. 

“Where do you plan to find them?” asked Xiumin. From his expression, he’s not trying to mock me.  

“The girl has a way,” I wanted to answer him honestly. But where’s the fun in that? 

Suddenly Sehun yelled, “STOP THAT!!”  

“What?” I asked him, putting my hand on my chest. I was surprised. Why would he scream when I was right beside him. That's so extra. 

“That smirk only calls for trouble. Don't...” he didn’t finish his sentence.  

‘Don't’ I have love and hate relation with this word. It makes me want to do exactly that. 

“Don’t, what?” asked him. I thought, finish that sentence if you dare as I looked him in the eye. 

But to my surprise, he only said “Nothing”. I knew he had something to say. But why did he stop? He's not someone who would bite his tongue. Unless... he thought that wasn’t worth it... This realization was like a punch in my guts. 

“Anyway, I came to say this. I might won’t be back in a few days. Don't worry too much. I'll come back with a good result.” 

Right when I was about to leave, Luhan stopped me. “Wait. At least, take Sehun with you,” he said.  

‘Yes, please,’ I wanted to say. I was actually planning to drag him along. But will he like that though? He’s been acting strange ever since he came here. At first, I thought he was just being tsundere. But the more I think, he’s been avoiding me. Am I being too meddlesome with his life? I even dragged him here by force.  

I couldn’t bear to look at him. I was afraid of what I might see. Annoyance?... I don’t know.  

“It’s fine. I can go alone. If you’re worried I might get into trouble, don’t worry. I won’t have a reason to mess with the mafia this time,” I quickly denied Luhan’s suggestion and hurried to leave after hugging Sehun with a heavy heart. 

I don’t want to lose my friend. During the last five years, he became a friend I didn’t want to lose at any cost. 

 

 

The first thing I did after leaving property was to call Jackson, my childhood friend. If we are talking about vampires, he knows about them the best. I just hope he won’t hang on me. 

“Hello, kiddo. How are you?” I greeted him. 

“Who is this?”  

Yep. He’s sulking. I should have called him more often. 

“Ey~ What do you mean who? Your best friend, remember?” I used my cutest voice and almost added “swag” too. 

“I don’t have a best friend who disappears for three months without news or trace!! I think our friendship ends here.” After dramatically uttering those words he ended our call. 

I looked at my phone screen in disbelief. I know the drama is his middle name, but still!

I guess I have no choice but to resort to an extreme measure. Stalking. I wonder for how long I would have to beg for forgiveness this time. The last time I had to follow him around three days which was caused because I went to the amusement park without telling him. Even though I didn’t go there to play around, I had to it up and just apologize. Haa, I am such a good friend.

 

I bought a bullet train ticket to the South city. If I’m searching for a vampire, I’ll do it in record time.  

 

I took a seat beside the window. I usually stay away from any kind of window. In this country, hitmen are everywhere you know? Most authorities’ lives are on the line on a daily basis. Ready to get assassinated anytime if ordered. The government is heavily corrupted and mafias are behind everything.  

The media doesn’t cover it. Either they are threatened or mafias’ watchdogs.  

Being the niece of Underground King, I used to get targeted all the time. They wanted to threaten my uncle with my life or just wanted to kill me because I was related to him. It was the same reason I was sent to an unknown village five years ago.  

Jackson was the only one who updated me on current news. And he’s the only “outsider” my uncle trusts.  

 

After the whole two hours of contemplating my next plan, the train finally arrived at my stop. 

 

“What are you doing here?!” Jackson exclaimed upon seeing me at his “work” and smiled guiltily when the nurse aunt looked at him sternly. He’s been working as a volunteer in this elder’s care center ever since he was ten... He is a good kid. 

He quickly changed TV to drama channel for one grandma and came over to me.  

“Shh. You’re disturbing elders. It’s nice to see you again, too” I whispered, playfully punching his stomach. Oh... I should have known...

Jackson doubled over in a “pain” holding his abdomen, resulting in me receiving tons of disapproving look from grandmas and grandpas who adore their “grandson”. 

I rolled my eyes and started to drag him outside. “I barely touched you!”  

Jackson finally stopped squirming and got up from the ground, just glaring.  

“I’m sorry, okay? I should’ve told you that I’ve moved to a different place. I was extremely busy last few months. Please, forgive me?” I used my best puppy eye I could muster.

He looked at me with a blank look. Oh, he’s waiting for a bribe.  

I pulled out a monopoly set and gave it to him. I knew I won when I saw his twinkling eyes. He liked to play

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter