Part 3

Against The Fate: Finding Suho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was like an early Christmas for Seungkwan. But with a lot of plot twists. But most of them were caused by him. He acknowledges that. When S.Coups told him to follow after Anir, he was too excited that he didn’t ask for further information. If it wasn’t for Jeonghan who always puts money in their pockets every morning, he wouldn’t even have been able to follow her to train.

[She’s going far this time,] he thought to himself as he watched her take a seat beside the window and relax. He lowered his guard when he realized no one of stationed spies outside of the mansion followed Anir. [But if they were neither looking after nor stalking her, who are they?] Well, there were too many possibilities. Jaejoong’s mansion has always been the hot spot that was watched by many.

As he had no one to distract him his eyes unconsciously fell on Anir. She was looking outside, seemingly bored.

He liked her. All of SVT liked her. Even S.Coups, too. She was bright and lovely. When they found out she was connected to the Underground world in the Summer Ball, they all were shocked. No wonder Woozi couldn’t find information on her. But still, it was a huge hit to his ego that he didn’t speak to her for a week. But no one knew that. 

Suddenly, Seungkwan’s cell phone rang and pulled him out of his trance. He answered his phone, “Your God is listening.”

He heard a defeated sigh from the other side before the caller muttered under his breath, “You love your children equally. With their strange behavior and everything.” It was like the caller was hypnotizing himself.

“I can hear you, hyung,” Seungkwan rolled his eyes.

“Don’t give me an attitude, young man,” Jeonghan reprimanded him.

“What did I do?” he felt his heart drop.

“I know you were rolling your eyes at me. Anyway, how is your stalking going?”

“It’s alright. Nothing interesting has happened yet. Why did you call me, hyung? Isn't it dinner time now? You are usually very busy around this time.”

“Mingyu is cooking. I wanted to rest and call you,” Jeonghan replied.

Suddenly Seungkwan got all choked up. Even though they weren’t blood-related, Jeonghan took care of them since young and was like their real big brother. He was strong and kind.

SVT, most of them were orphans who never experienced family love before finding each other. Except, Seungkwan. He always acted like a diva who has not many thoughts in his brain. Maybe, it was to hide the bitter feeling that his life could have been different… normal, if only his parents were responsible. He separated... haha. No, they sold him off when he was 6. He remembers them well. With a hurt, vengeance, and everything else. Until he learned that the family doesn’t have to be related by blood. Until he realized that he already found his real family.

“Hyung...”

“What, kiddo?”

“You know that I love you, right?”

When Seungkwan didn’t receive a reply, he wondered if the call was disconnected along the way. But when he checked it was still connected. “Hyung? Are you there?”

He heard a little sniffing before Jeonghan cleared his throat. “Yes... Yes. I’m listening... You little cutie. I love you, too.”

 

***

 

Finally, the train came to stop. There was nothing special that happened until Anir met with one guy who looked too innocent and harmless. But there was something off. One thing Seungkwan learned during his  18 years of life, it would be to follow his guts.

[He’s surprised to see Anir,] he noted. They were too far to listen to their conversation, so he dug through his pocket and found Woozi’s “ear-spy”.

“...need to prove their existence to someone,” said Anir.

[Their existence? Who are “they”?]

“That doesn’t sound like a good idea. You really shouldn’t wake up a sleeping beast. They’re hiding because there’s a reason, you know?” the guy reasoned.

Even though Seungkwan couldn’t understand what they were talking about, it wasn’t hard to guess Anir was looking for trouble again. [I guess with this my dream of having a peaceful vacation scattered with the wind.]

“Are they as strong as the myths say?”

“Yes... Some of them are even more powerful.”

“Then they’re exactly what I’m looking for!”

Seungkwan wanted to reveal himself and stop whatever she’s thinking. He guessed it became a conditioned response after seeing all the time Sehun and S.Coups made fearful face whenever she got excited.

“If you’re talking about becoming strong using their power, you officially lost your mind. What made you think they would even listen to you when the fresh blood came to them on their own?”

[Fresh blood?]

“That’s why I need you to tell me their weakness. I can persuade them if they just listen to me. I just need to secure some time. Please, help me. I only have you.”

After hearing Anir beg, Seungkwan understood she was planning something seriously dangerous. He messaged Jeonghan after S.Coups didn’t pick-up his phone.

MisterBoo: “I think Anir is planning something dangerous!”

FallenAngel: “What?” came Jeonghan’s instant reply. But he was too focused on their conversation.

After some silence, the guy sighed, signaling his defeat. “Okay. You know the common knowledge about a mirror, the sun, and garlic?”

[Okay... Sounds like vampires.]

“...They’re nocturnal beings. But that doesn’t mean they can’t get exposed to the sun. The sunburn thing only applies to third-generation human-turned-vampires."

[Did he just confirm vampires’ existence?]

“The first vampires... nobody knows of their origin. Even if there were record kind of things, somebody had gotten rid of them. From what I know, they were always there. They usually don’t stay in one place any longer than ten years. They’re immortal until you behead them and destroy their heart. They can pretty much drink almost any type of blood beside werewolves'. And the silver does have an effect on them. If they’re weak, you can keep them one meter away with it.”

“If they’re strong?”

“Then pray that they fed before meeting you. For stronger ones, silver is no more than a mild skin allergy.”

[Skin allergy... skin allergy... Right!]

MisterBoo: “Hyung, do you remember what you said about Sehun? His allergy? I think he is a vampire. And strong one at that, too!”

FallenAngel:“I was thinking so, too. Does Anir know? She's his friend, right?”

MisterBoo:“I don’t think so. She’s asking from this one guy where she can find them. I think Seungcheol hyung was right to be suspicious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter