Chapter 6

While We’re Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold weather was starting to recede so the walk wasn’t as miserable. Even though she hadn’t seen him in weeks Minseok’s mom still let him in. Chanyeol was alone in his room strumming his guitar mindlessly. He didn’t look up until Baekhyun closed the door behind himself.

 

“Baekhyun,” He said with eyes. “What . . . What are you doing?”

 

“I came to check on you.” Baekyun confessed. “I heard you’ve been having a hard time.”

 

Chanyeol scoffed. “You could say that.”

 

“Hey,” Baekhyun snapped. “Just because you ed something up doesn’t mean you have to up your whole life, Chanyeol. Scouts are looking at you.”

 

“You’re my whole life.” Chanyeol retorted.

 

“No, I’m not.” Baekhyun reasoned. “I’m just a blip on the radar.”

 

“How can you say that?” Chanyeol ran a hand through his hair. He didn’t need a lecture from his ex, bu he was secretly glad that Baekhyun was there.

 

“Because it’s true, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun sat beside him on the bed. “I don’t think I was ever good for you and we both hurt each other a lot. I was using you to get over Kris even though I also fell in love with you. I made you feel insecure and I’m sorry.”

 

“What does that have to do with anything?” Chanyeol snarled at the floor. He wasn’t mad at Baekhyun. He was just mad.

 

“It has to do with the fact that I still care about you and I don’t want you to ruin your chances.” Baek explained. “Work hard. Become the person you want to be. And maybe in the future I’ll have grown up enough to treat you the way you deserve to be treated.”

 

“You’re just making me feel worse.” Chanyeol sighed but chuckled. “I’m the one who wrecked things and you’re the one apologizing.”

 

“We both played a part in it.”

 

They were quiet or a long time, but it was a comfortable kind of silence. Neither o them felt the need today say anything just to end the stillness. Chanyeol had to fight the urge to smother Baekhyun in affection. He wasn’t allowed to do that anymore. But finally being on the same page made big of ten feel infinitely better.

 

“I’mo trying to get into Western.” Baekhyun said quietly.

 

“To be with your brother?”

 

He nodded.

 

“That’s pretty far away.” Chanyeol signed. “I think we could make it work though . . .”

 

Baekhyun smiled up at him. “I think I’d miss you too much.”

 

“I already miss you.” Chanyeol admitted. “Couldn’t we just try?”

 

Baek shook his head. “I understand what Kris meant about the separation now. Even if we’d stayed together things would. Buffering, difficult. And I think you have more important things to worry about next year.”

 

“Put ratio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter