Chapter 5

While We’re Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s meet up. We need to talk


 

Fine. Where?


 

I’ll come get you


 

Kris drove in a pretty wide circle around their neighborhood before finding a suitable place to park. There they sat in silence for at least ten minutes. Baekhyun was thinking about how he’d rather be with Chanyeol when Kris leant over the center console and kissed him. His knee-jerk reaction was to push Kris away. Kris was surprised but still moved closer. Baekhyun reached behind himself to open the door and fell backward out of the car.

 

“Baekhyun!” Kris yelled. He got out to rush to Baekhyun but he was walking away by that time. “Baekhyun!”

 

“I have a boyfriend, you !” Baek called over his shoulder. Kris grabbed his arm to turn him around. “Let go.”

 

“I heard you were messing around with Chanyeol. Is he really your boyfriend?”

 

“Yes. Now let go.”

 

“Look,” Kris ran a hand through his hair. “I want you back, OK? So stop stringing Chanyeol along. I got it. Let’s just get back together.”

 

Baekhyun yanked his arm out of Kris’ grasp. “I’m not getting back together with you because I have a boyfriend who I care about.”

 

“You had your fun, OK?” Kris shouted. “I ed you over, so you ed me over. We’re even, Baek!”

 

“I’m not trying to you over! Not everything is about you! I like Chanyeol, Ok!? I want to be with him! Get it through your stupid head!” Baekhyun turned and started running.

 

~

 

Luhan came downstairs with Minseok to find Chanyeol. When Sehun saw how serious Luhan looked he paused their game without asking the others. Luhan clicked his tongue to stall until Minseok punched his arm.

 

“What is it?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Chanyeol,” Luhan sighed. “Baekhyun went out with Kris earlier.”

 

~

 

His fingers were freezing. Minseok’s mom let him in without question. He knew Chanyeol would be downstairs with the guys. He didn’t know what he had expected but whatever it was he didn’t get it. As soon as he reached the bottom of the stairs Chanyeol was coming toward him like an angry tiger.

 

“Chanyeol-”

 

“Save it.” He snapped. “Let me save you the effort. We’re done. Go back to Kris.”

 

Baekhyun subconsciously grabbed the banister to steady himself. A black hole opened up in his chest. “Chanyeol-”

 

“I don’t care!” He flinched when Chanyeol yelled. “I knew you were just playing around, so go back to him. I don’t care.”

 

Tears spilled over on Baekhyun’s cold cheeks. For a split second Chanyeol regretted his words. Why are he crying? He should be happy . . . But before he could ask Baekhyun bolted back up the stairs and out of the house.

 

~

 

There was too much animosity for them to get together for New Years like they normally did. They were all avoiding each other and it wasn’t fun. After the holiday they had four more days before school started again. Junmyeon, Kyungsoo and Jongdae had been spending a lot of time holed up with Baekhyun. Eventually they sent Jongin to investigate. That’s when they started to feel like total s.

 

Jongin ran a hand through his hair and sighed at his friends. “Dude, we .”

 

“What are you talking about?” Tao asked.

 

“Baekhyun wasn’t going to break up with you.” He said easily. “Kris wanted to get back together but Baekhyun to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter