How Our Step Started

Every Step of Our Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: The image above is only for illustration regarding this chapter. If the image stretched pls kindly use desktop. Thank you =)

Red words = "Stuck" Song Lyrics

 

Something was strange from the start
Your eyes were special, I kept looking at you
I tried to act chic but I kept stealing glances at you
Without even knowing, what’s wrong with me?

I try to act like I’m not interested
But I hear you, I hear your voice
I feel you from my head to my toes
I feel your scent, I feel your scent

 

Have you ever felt that you’re actually not supposed to be in a certain place and you don’t even want to be there since begin with? Moreover you even get a feeling that there’s even nothing good about the place, actually it even looks like a gate for trouble that can affect your future. And yet, you don’t have any choice to escape or run or anything to avoid so at the end… You can’t help but still be there anyway even though you’re damn sure it won’t end up good…

And that’s exactly what happened with our heroine here. A certain tall black haired woman with shiny doe eyes, healthy tanned skin, red lipstick, complete with her black crop-top and white short pants plus her black ankle boots. A simple fashion but it looks exquisite on her. Well… She could even wear cheap trashy clothes and people would still find her strikingly beautiful like a Goddess. Just like these people around her who’s now busy ogling her from head to toe, expecting her to at least…spare a glance to them and some even hope that maybe she will come to them. Not to mention some people whose bold enough doesn’t even hesitate to come up to her directly, just like this one…

“Hey beautiful, are you alone? Want to-“

“No, I’m waiting for a friend. Thank you”

The woman doesn’t even bother to sound polite or whatever anymore and just replied in a flat monotone voice without even looking at him. The guy just clicked his tongue in annoyance before he left as the woman keep biting her lips and moving her legs impatiently while looking around to look for her ‘friends’ figure. This is like… 7 or 8 times already that people came up to her in this past 20 minutes and not only she started to get tired of standing too long but she’s also obviously uncomfortable with the place she’s standing at right now. If anything, the longer she’s waiting, the more people will come up to her, that’s for sure. Decide to end this madness, she immediately pulled out her phone from her bag, a really cheap phone that could only be used for texting and calling, it doesn’t even have a camera. But she doesn’t care, she only needs that to make a call anyway which is basically only to her parents and her 2 friends so why bother to spend money for unnecessary thing?

The black haired beauty immediately dialed a certain number while biting her lip nervously, waiting for her call to be picked up as she already start to regretting her decision this afternoon…

 

*flashback*

Cafetaria @Hanlim Multi Art School

Lunchbreak Hour

[Tzuyu side]

“Say Tzu, we’re chingus, right???”

Upon hearing the sudden question, Tzuyu instantly stop eating and look at her 2 chingus who’s sitting across from her. Chou Tzuyu, a 17 years old Taiwanese girl who’s blessed with a drop dead gorgeous look and nice body, she’s basically an epitome of beauty. And her brilliant mind also matched with her looks, a fact that she’s always at top #1 in her school so it’s no wonder that she got into Hanlim with full scholarship. Which is totally what she needs since her family’s economy is unlike her 2 best-friends who are now sitting across from her. Well… It’s not like her family is super poor or anything, they made enough but her father is just a regular office worker while her mother is just a Mandarin teacher here at Korea and Tzuyu still has 3 younger siblings.

So as the eldest, she instinctively try her best to help her parents by studying hard to maintain her full scholarship every year. Resulting her to have zero social life since middle school and become a total introvert but thankfully she met with Chaeyoung and Dahyun whose definitely more popular than her but don’t know why prefer to just stick with Tzuyu.

“…Could you be more creative and use other phrases? It makes me really want to say that we’re not chingus anymore because you keep using it all the time. Anyway, what do you want?”

“Awwhhh… come on Tzu, we’re not using it that often~ And why do you think that we want something from you??? Do you really think that we say that just because we want something?? Oh my God Tzu…”

Her short friend, who resemble a baby tiger replying dramatically and put her hand in front of her chest. Son Chaeyoung, daughter of a famous movie producer and a model, both of them often fly abroad due to their job, leaving Chaeyoung alone in her big mansion since child but luckily she has Tzuyu and Dahyun now who often go to her place for slumber party or whatever just so Chaeyoung won’t be alone. Despite her small body, Chaeyoung is quite charming and popular due to her talent in photography and of course having a famous parent also add up to her fame at school. However, Chaeyoung is the type who doesn’t really care about that and prefer to do whatever she wants, which mostly just goofying around with her 2 best-friends.

“Should I remind you that every time you and Dahyun Unnie use that sentence is either, one, you guys want to borrow my homework and copy it. Or two, you guys want me to put my paper test later at the corner of the table so you can take a peek. So which one this time??”

Tzuyu replied back nonchalantly while the 2 chingus grin sheepishly as the tall beauty already continue eating her pasta before the last girl of the group speak out as well,

“Oh no no no… Don’t worry Tzuyu-ah, we’re not going to ask any of those tasks from you… Really… I mean, not this time at least…”

Kim Dahyun, another pretty girl with blond hair and really pale skin, which gained her a nickname of ‘Dubu’, a kind-hearted girl who’s also another best-friend of Tzuyu and Chaeyoung that they met in high-school. Another billionaire’s daughter since her father is basically a world-class designer who already owned several boutiques around the world which Tzuyu doesn’t even want to ask about the price of their clothes. Perhaps 1 piece of clothes in Kim’s boutique is equal to Tzuyu’s living expenses for 2 months. Dahyun is actually a year older but since her mother kind of late to enroll her to school when she was a child so she ended up at the same grade with her other 2 besties now.

And the unexpected answer from the pale girl made Tzuyu stop with her lunch and look up again toward her 2 best-friends, staring with her doe eyes innocently,

“It’s okay guys… I won’t be mad… Relax, I’ll let you borrow and copy it and I’ll put my paper test at the corner as usual. Just be honest… Which subject this time…?”

The 2 best-friends instantly exchange looks with each other before the baby tiger nodded and scouted closer to Tzuyu before she started to speak softly,

“Well… You know that today is Friday, which is weekend and the day after tomorrow is Halloween… Right…?”

Tzuyu nodded again as her 2 best-friends their lips nervously and this didn’t go unnoticed by the youngest of 3 who tilted her head in confusion,

“Yeah it’s Halloween. So…?”

Chaeyoung gulped down nervously, “So… euh… we’re going to have a party tonight and we want you to join us!”

A brief silent engulfing them as the 2 girls waiting for their bestie reaction while the latter herself just blink her eyes innocently,

“…..The usual costume party at your house that you always held every year??”

“Well Tzu it-“

“Yeah! That’s right Tzu! That one! Mhm!!! You will come to the party! Right…?”

Dahyun was about to say something but the small cub immediately cut her sentence in mid-air, making the pale girl widen her eyes in disbelief toward the baby beast who just nudged Dahyun lightly from the side, signaling her not to say anything meanwhile Tzuyu already smiled widely,

“Yeah, I’ll come of course! I thought you were about to ask something else just now, you made me nervous for a second there. Anyway, what time I have to be at your place???”

Chaeyoung’s eyes lit up with amusement and grab Tzuyu’s right hand with her both small hands,

“Really Tzu?!?! You’ll come to the party with us?!? And euh…about time…wait, what time you finish with your cram school today???”

Tzuyu nodded again innocently while still starring to her friend which is…too overjoy in Tzuyu’s opinion.

‘…Does she really miss me this much…? Did I reject them too much recently…?’

Thinking that perhaps she has been too busy with her study recently and neglecting her best friends too often, the Taiwanese decide to make it up to them now as she smiled sincerely, showing off her adorable dimple in the process,

“I will ask my mom to give me a day off from cram school today so I could be at your place as early as possible and oh! How about me and Dahyun Unnie sleep over at your place too as usual?! It has been long since 3 of us spend the night together!”

The baby beast grip Tzuyu’s hand tighter and replied back excitedly, “Yes!!! That’s what I’m thinking too!! Oh my God!!! You really will skip your cram school today?!?! Oh thank you Tzu!! I know how important your study is so I really appreciate your effort to make time for us…”

Seeing the happy expression of her small friend, Tzuyu couldn’t help but smile again warmly. Perhaps… she really does needs to make time for her friends more often. However, Dahyun just shook her head before the small cub continue,

“Oh by the way Tzu, could we just meet somewhere? Then we can go to my house together from there. I’ll text you about the location, just wait in front of the door, okay? And please wear something like…tank-top, shorts, ankle boot or something short because well… The costume theme for this year is… A bit y so yeah... Oh and please wear a light make-up too”

Once again Tzuyu just blinks her eyes innocently and nodded, “…Okay…euh…That will be a bit uncomfortable for me but well okay… It’s your party and you guys will be there…right…?”

Dahyun just sighed while the baby beast nodding vigorously with big grin still etched on her face, “Of course!! And don’t forget to tell your mom that you’ll spend the night at my house too after that!”

*flashback end*

 

Back to present times

Flirtatious Night Club

[Tzuyu side]

And now here she is… in front of red door with a bright neon light above it written ‘Flirtatious Night Club’. The Taiwanese even needs to re-check the address numerous times to make sure that this is indeed the location of their meeting point as she’s still waiting for her call to be picked up,

“Come on… Pick it up Chaeng… Pick it up…pick i-oh thank God finally!! Hey where are you?!?!? I’ve been waiting for 20 minutes and I- wait what?! Huh?! You’re here with Dahyun Unnie?? Where?? I didn’t see you a- oh wait… Yeah yeah, I saw your car. Huh? Okay fine, just please hurry up!!”

The tall beauty put her phone back inside her bag and wait patiently as she sometimes flashed out an awkward smile toward people whose obviously still ogling her until few minutes later…

“Yo Tzu! Sorry we got caught up in traffic just now and-oh wow… you look…fabulous….”

Tzuyu snapped her head toward the voice and she could see her small friend with her long hair in high ponytail, wearing a black tank-top and black short skit meanwhile Dahyun prefer something more like a red one piece tight short dress.

“It’s okay, anyway let’s go! I feel uncomfortable here… Lot of people keep starring at me since I arrived…”

However, much to her dismay, instead of walking to the car, both of her friends didn’t even bother to move especially Dahyun who keeps fidgeting in her spot and look around, avoiding Tzuyu’s gaze as the baby beast gulped down and replied,

“…Okay Tzu… we’re really truly chingus…right…?”

Tzuyu tilted her head and knitted her eyebrows, already feels a strange feeling about this, “…cut the crap. Just tell me directly what you want to say”

“W-well… euh… honestly, t-tonight’s party is…i-in this n-night club… I know I lied to you this afternoon but I didn’t completely lie about it!! There’s really a party going on here tonight!! I’m sorry Tzu please I’m really deeply sorry please don’t be mad at me!! Please pretty please with cherry on top~”

The Taiwanese widen her eyes as her jaw hung in disbelief. Tzuyu might be innocent and naïve but she’s not stupid for sure. To be honest she already suspect it when she arrived at this place half an hour ago but decide to trust her friend, she tried to brush her negative thought away.

“….H-how could you… I skipped my cram school and I even lied to my mom!! And you…you just… oh God…. I can’t believe you lied to me!!!”

“I know Tzu I know!! That’s why I said I’m sorry!! Okay?! I’m sooo soooo sorry…. But we’re really curious a-and…I promise you Tzu this will be fun! Really…”

The baby beast try to reason out as she start to feel guilty witnessing the betrayed look on her tall friend who keeps silent until Dahyun decide to butted in,

“See,I told you it’s better be honest with her… Now look what you’ve done, you made her lie to her mom too! We know how Tzuyu is… *sigh* We’re really sorry Tzuyu-ah… But yeah… we’re just really curious of the inside…and umm…well..yeah…”

Clearly unsatisfied with the answer that she got, the Taiwanese unconsciously raise her voice, “…You guys know I don’t like this kind of place and more importantly, I CANNOT be seen at this kind of place. How if there’s people from the school who see this?! They will revoke my scholarship!! You guys probably don’t care about it but I care! Okay?! Because I’m not a damn billionaire like you guys!”

Both woman immediately hang their head low, totally didn’t expect that the latter would snapped like this. Creating a brief silent between them until the youngest sighed, already a bit calmer this time,

“…I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say it like that. Anyway, why would you lie to me?? And if you’re really curious about this…night club, you can just go or ask others in the class which I know would be more than glad to go with you... You both know that I’m not into this kind of places…”

Chaeyoung bit her lower lip in guilt, avoiding the taller gaze and suddenly find the cold hard ground is much more interesting while answering,

“W-well… At first we also didn’t plan to invite you since we know you b-but… Dahyun said probably we should ask someone who is…clear-headed to euh… keep an eye on us in case we’re getting carried away or got drunk or you know…to prevent all of the horrible things from people who might take advantage of us. And I immediately thought of you… I-I’m sorry Tzu…”

Another silent happened before the pale girl break it once more, “…Okay, look Tzu, we’re really truly sorry… Okay…? We won’t force you to come with us. Just please don’t be mad at us anymore… We’ll call an uber for you now so y-“

“Nah, it’s fine. Let’s just go inside and be done with this fast”

The unexpected answer successfully stopping whatever Dahyun is going to say and totally caught both girls by surprise and even before they could say anything, Tzuyu already answering the unspoken question,

“I’m not mad at you guys for bringing me here… I just feel upset that you lied to me… You could just say me the truth and ‘maybe’ I can consider it… And you’re right, someone needs to keep an eye on you both. Beside, it has been long time since 3 of us hang out together like this. So… yeah, let’s go then… Just please don’t force me to drink alcohol or to do anything. I will just simply sit down and keep an eye on you both. Okay?!”

The Taiwanese stated with her stern voice plus her death glare toward her 2 best-friends who immediately nodded vigorously as the smallest one hugged her tightly with a big grin plastered on her face,

“Thank you chingu!!! I’m sorry I lied to you, I promise I won’t do that again!! And yeah don’t worry, we’ll just sit down and enjoy the show. We’re NOT going to force you for anything!! Ughhhh you’re the best Chou Tzuyu!!!”

The latter just rolled her eyes with a small smile. Yeah sure her 2 besties are stupid and all but Tzuyu knows they mean no harm and she would never trade them for anything in this world. Also… honestly speaking, deep down, she’s also curious about this kind of place since she never been into one. All this time, she avoid this kind of place simply just because her mom told her that this place is full of negativity and can ruin her and etc, and Tzuyu, as a good daughter she is, she never ever…disobey her parents, let alone lied like now. But oh well…doing something fun once in a while wouldn’t hurt though. …right?

‘…and I’m doing this for my best-friends, to keep an eye on them! Yeah that’s true, it’s not like I want to get inside too. Totally not. Yeah, relax Chou relax…’

The tall beauty keep assuring herself internally while being dragged by the baby beast who obviously already impatient to enter the red door and when they step inside…

Loud music blasting everywhere with some light being flashed here and there complete with people dancing around are the first thing that comes to their sight. Immediately make the Taiwanese gaped in shock and awe while still being dragged by her besties toward the table near the dance stage in the middle of the room. And without further ado, 3 of them immediately sit on the couch while the tall beauty still looking around, observing her surrounding in astonishment,

“Tzuyu-ahh!!!! Dahyun and I want to order some beers!!!! You want to drink as well or you want to order something else?!?!?”

However, Chaeyoung’s shout seems to go into deaf ears as the youngest, instead of answering the question, still observing her surrounding. She never comes to a place like this before so this is totally all new experience to her. People dancing with stranger, some even grinding their body against each other, not to mention the flirty and hungry look…

“-Yu! Oiii!!! Earth to Chou Tzuyu!!!!!”

Tzuyu finally snapped out from her stupor, “I-I’m sorry, what?!?! Did you call me?!”

The baby beast rolled her eyes meanwhile Dahyun decide to replied on their behalf, also shouting since the music is too loud,

“We want to order some beers!!! Do you want to order something for yourself???!!”

“O-oh!!!O-orange juice is fine by me!!!”

The girl in question shouted back to her 2 friends who raised their eyebrows oddly on their friend’s choice of drink but well… okay… it’s Tzuyu after all. And soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter