Riley Durham

Riley Durham
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Hi my name's Diana Riley Durham, 19. My mom's half Korean and half American. While dad's half-American, 1/4 Mexican, and 1/4 Irish.

 

I was born in US, and lived there until I was 8, my age when we moved to South Korea. When I was 13, we came back to US. Then three months before I got 17, we returned to South Koreaーagain. And presently, I'm two years here now. My parents got their job back in US last year, while my younger brother went with them on their return because he wants to study there. While for me, because I'm on my way to senior high at that time and I like it here in Korea, I decided to stay here. 

 

This year I took college entrance exams and got admitted to a university here in Korea, as well as in the US. But I chose to study here in Korea.

 

Three days ago, one day after my return from US for a visit to my family after my graduation, I went to visit my aunt Eun—cousin of my mom.

 

Aunt Eun works in an agency called Big Hit entertainment, as a stylist. It manages the most popular boy group in Korea and lately become internationally famous—the BTS.

 

While talking to my Aunt Eun, cousin of my mom, she told me about their agency's search for a temporary sub to their staff who recently got an accident and still on recovery. 

 

Which gave me the idea that— that's it, I can take the job! I've done summer jobs in the US and here in Korea which were all just in a coffee shop, ice cream shop, and bakery shop. I've never experienced working in an ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter