♡ : teaser #1

Idol House ♡ { REVAMP | APPLY RE-OPENING SOON }
 

T E A S E R # 1

"I heard from Hyungdon hyung that JTBC's looking for male idols to be part of a new reality show," Gwangsuk said conversationally during dinner one day. Some of the UNB members made small sounds of acknowledgement, while the statement actually made some of them interested as well, with how Kijoong immediately asked for more information. Gwangsuk was inwardly thankful to the younger members and their undying curiousity, since the rest were more focused on their meal at the moment. "It's a mix of reality and variety, since it'll feature idols living together in a house for around three months."

 

Junyoung raised his chopsticks as if asking permission to speak, continuing only when Gwangsuk noticed him, "just male idols? It doesn't sound like much. What do they mean by variety? Do the participants get to go home?"

 

'How would I know? I'm not the producer,' Gwangsuk thought to himself, but soon figured he brought this upon himself by opening up the topic to begin with. "Nope, from what I heard, they're choosing a few female idols as well," the older boy answered instead. "I don't know anything else, but I assume they'll let the members go home now and then."

 

"It would be weird if they didn't," Euijin piped up through a mouthful of rice. "Especially if they get from popular groups. Unless the group doesn't have comebacks often, being away for three months would be hard."

 

Next to him, Yoochan nodded in agreement, "that's true. Did Hyungdon hyung say anything about us? Are they interested in anyone from our group?"

 

Gwangsuk grinned at that, "funny you should ask that, since he actually said they were looking forward to seeing either you, Hojung, or Marco on the show."

 

"Me?" Hojung asked, puzzled, as he finally became interested in the conversation. "I'm not exactly variety show material."

 

"But you are handsome," the leader said cheekily. "I'm guessing they want some sort of romance to blossom between the contestants if they expect to gain viewers. Besides, the variety aspect could be anything. You'll be great at games and sports. These other two though? Not a chance."

 

"Hey!" Marco complained, around the same time Yoochan said he would be great at games, soon causing more of the members to speak over one another. With all nine members interested (okay, except maybe Hansol, who was trying to silently finish off the rest of the meat they were eating), the dining room soon became a loud mess. Someone eventually suggested that there might be news on the show already up online, which made some of the members disperse to the living room.

 

Seated on the couch was Kijoong, practically squished in between Euijin and Yoochan, with Gwangsuk and Daewon lounging about next to them. 

 

"What's the show's name?" the youngest asked.

 

"Idol House, if I remember correctly," Gwangsuk replied promptly, remembering his reaction when he heard it from Hyungdon ("Idol House? Like your show, Idol Room? Can JTBC get any more creative?")

 

When the search results loaded, Daewon squished himself closer to the rest to get a good view of the screen, which made Yoochan quickly whine about the lack of space. While the latter began to bicker with Daewon, voice loud and playful like it always was, he almost missed Kijoong's loud exclamation regarding the information he found about the show. Just almost, since there was no way he would miss out on hearing Heaven's Star and Heo Minye in one sentence, ever.

 

"She's a confirmed member," Kijoong continued reading off the page, adding further comments about the show must be good if they got an SM Entertainment artist in it, unaware of Yoochan's abrupt focus; unfortunately, his sudden attention didn't go unnoticed by Euijin, who immediately had a teasing grin on his face as he pointed out, "well someone's interested!"

 

Yoochan feigned ignorance.

 

He was a fan, so what?

 

"What's the show about? Does it say?" He asked instead, hoping to shift his attention to the fact that he wanted to know more about the show. That was his original goal when they gathered in the living room, anyway. Euijin surprisingly dropped the teasing, but the look on his face was one that said he definitely didn't forget what just happened, which meant Yoochan was going to hear about it again eventually.

 

Kijoong rattled off the same stuff that Gwangsuk already noted earlier; reality and variety show mix, living together in one house, camera surveillance on most of the time. The twist to the show was that it would feature missions and games, which mean the contestants will have to team up eventually. Winning members get a special prize that hasn't been disclosed yet, but most likely it'll be announced at the start of the show. Part of it also aims to make the viewer's heart race by featuring charismatic male idols along with sweet female artists - that's what the article said, at least.

 

"Sounds interesting," Hojung said, suddenly appearing behind everybody else. "Maybe I am interested."

 

It was at that moment Yoochan knew, if anybody from UNB was going to be on that show, it had to be him.

 

 

authors note

Here's a little teaser featuring the UNB boys! Sorry if I mixed in stage names and real names, I didn't feel like writing Feeldog (lmao) and I'm also much more used to saying Marco. I'll try to write a few of these before the deadline so everybody can get a feel of the story; also so that the story will hopefully catch more attention since I still don't have any applicants (but I see you, people who have subscribed! I'm waiting!) Hopefully this little tidbit made you interested in the story. I also have Chan in pink as my side gif because he's adorable and I love him and he Invented the colour pink. No arguments allowed there.