Eyes for you (part 2)

Concatenation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hellu :D ok so update on my life; i'm currently wasting it away cause i can't find a goddamn job and my brain can't produce stories properly so i hope this chapter is up to par, if it isn't pls just erm overlook this HAHAHAHAHA okok go read go read 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi taps her pen against the side of her head, a deep frown etched on her features. It was the first lesson of the morning, and Seulgi hated whoever who placed Additional Mathematics in that spot. Did they not pity the students one bit? Having mathematics everyday is already a torture for her one braincell, but having it right smack in the morning? Seulgi shakes her head. They’re so rude. 

 

“Seulgi? Would you like to answer this question?” 

 

Seulgi’s frown dissipated, an alarmed look taking its place on her features. 

 

All Seulgi wanted to say was a Hell no. But she knew better than to be on Mrs Choi’s bad side, so she just sent her a sweet smile, walking towards the board. 

 

Seeing the mess on the board they call Mathematics, Seulgi squints in disgust, picking up the nearby blue marker and scribbling some equations down. She had absolutely no idea what she was doing, but it seemed right so damn why not. It was a question on partial fractions, and Seulgi did understand a bit of this topic on the last few days, so Seulgi hopes she could scrape by this question without too much problem. 

 

Hearing the clink of the marker being placed down on the whiteboard stand, Mrs Choi dismisses Seulgi to her seat, the student nimbly dodging the mess of bags scattered along the walkway, reaching her seat safely. 

 

“Anyone can tell me if this is right or wrong?” 

 

 

Seulgi groaned internally. It was wrong then. 

 

 

“It’s wrong.” Seulgi turns to look at the direction of the voice, the class’ smartest student coming into view. Of course Ms Son Seungwan would know how to do that question. 

 

“Yep that’s right.” Mrs Choi says with a smile on her face, and Seulgi simply rolls her eyes. Could she not be so blatantly obvious she was being biased to the smartest kid. Don’t get her wrong, Wendy was a great friend, she has nothing against her. It was the teachers she had something against. 

 

“Seulgi do you want to tell us what you think went wrong?” 

 

 

 

Seulgi almost, almost. Let out a scowl. 

 

 

 

How dumb was Mrs Choi to think that she could suddenly become smarter in the short span of a few minutes? 

 

“Bx plus c” 

 

“What?” Seulgi turns to her table partner in confusion. 

 

“Just say it.” 

 

“So? Seulgi? Do you know what’s wrong?” Mrs Choi looked at Seulgi with anticipation. 

 

“Bx plus c? I didn’t put Bx plus c, i put B instead. I should’ve put Bx plus c because the denominator is 

quadratic?” Seulgi trails off, getting increasingly worried at the silence she received from her teacher. 

 

“That’s… correct. Good job.” 

 

Seulgi sends her teacher an awkward smile, not knowing how to react to the compliment directed at her. 

 

Seulgi reaches out a clenched fist to Yujin, the other girl letting out a soft chuckle before returning the fist bump. 

 

“I owe you one.” 

 

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

 

Seulgi didn’t know that by “owing Yujin one” meant that Yujin had to crave a caramel macchiato right after school. So Seulgi tried her best to calm her thumping heart down, the excitement of seeing Joohyun again causing her hand to shake in nervousness. Joohyun has never seen her in her uniform, and Seulgi wouldn’t say she was the most confident in it either, so let’s just say it’s a bad combination. 

 

With the opening of the door, Seulgi’s nose crinkled at the smell and winced at the sudden loud chatter that erupted. 

 

Gosh, coming on a Sunday and a Monday sure is worlds apart.  

 

Seulgi miraculously finds a two seater counter seat, and she already loves it. Screw the pathetic leg space. All she needed was a perfect view of a certain jet black haired barista. Speaking about the barista, Seulgi sat up a little straighter, eyes scanning the area but to no avail. 

 

“I was pretty sure she said she’ll be here today…” Seulgi whispers to herself, the corners of her lips curving down in disappointment. 

 

Just as Yujin left the seat to enter the massive queue, Seulgi felt a soft hand swiping against the back of her neck, making her neck shrink closer to her body. 

 

“You’re early.” 

 

Seulgi turns around, coming face to face with the barista she was searching for. She seemed to have gotten prettier through the night. Instead of the black Starbucks uniform, Joohyun was wearing a white blouse, stylishly tucked into her black skinny jeans. And instead of her hair tied up in a messy bun, she allowed it to flow effortlessly down her shoulders. But one thing stayed the same. 

 

 

The way Joohyun looked at her. 

 

 

Her glaringly black orbs staring at Seulgi in such a way it made the girl’s stomach flip. It was a sensation she hated, but could get used to loving. It was so ironic. For Joohyun to have such piercing eyes but to look at her with so much depth. When Joohyun tore her eyes away from Seulgi and at her senior, Seulgi felt her heart drop. 

 

 

Maybe she was overthinking it. 

 

 

Maybe Joohyun just stares at everyone like that. 

 

 

Maybe Seulgi was just seeing the reflection of the cafe’s light against the girl’s eyes. 

 

 

Yeah… sounds about right. 

 

 

Seulgi tries to ignore the bumbling sadness in her stomach. After all, who is Joohyun to her anyway… Seulgi tries to ignore all the different words that flood into her mind. But when Seulgi asks herself who is she to Joohyun, she realised that for the first time today, her mind was blank. 

 

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

 

Yujin took a large gulp of her raspberry lemonade, the girl letting out a satisfied hum before twirling her pen around her fingers skillfully. “What’s got you all fired up?” She asks, causing Seulgi’s eyes to soften quickly. 

 

“Oh, fired up? Nah i was just thinking about this question.” 

 

Yujin raised an eyebrow at that halfhearted reply, but decided that if Seulgi had something to hide, she should respect it and not ask. That was always one thing Seulgi loved about Yujin. The girl always knew when and what to ask, and she knows when to not do anything too. 

 

Seulgi sighed silently. It was true, she was fired up. But probably not for the reason laid in front of her in the form of a ten years series. It came in the form of crashing waves of emotions, occasionally it would be calm and soothing, other times it would be rythmic waves that you flow in, but this time it came in destructive waves, hurling Seulgi back to the shore, dragging Seulgi into the ocean before throwing her back out. 

 

 

Joohyun did that to her. 

 

 

Seulgi bit the inner side of her cheek. How did she let herself be this occupied over a girl she barely met twenty four hours ago, over a girl who only knew her name because she had to write it on a cup. 

 

 

Seulgi shook her head, hoping her overwhelming thoughts about the girl would be shaken out too. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter