New Year's Eve

I See Stars When I Look At You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 31, 2018

The end of the year was always a busy time for Twice with a packed schedule full of holiday related promotions. This year was no different, which meant Mina and Sana had zero opportunities to be alone together in over two weeks.

From morning to night, all the members were busy practicing or performing or getting their hair and makeup done for performances or being shuttled to and from performances. And when they weren't practicing or performing, everyone was trying to eat and get some sleep.

Life was so chaotic and Mina had such few intimate interactions with Sana that at one point she found herself wondering if she had only imagined that she and Sana were now dating.

Twice was currently in Japan for Kohaku Uta Gassen, one of Japan's most prestigious end of the year events. As they were getting their hair and makeup done for the show, Mina's phone buzzed with a KakaoTalk message. She skimmed its contents and then tried to hold the phone closer to her chest in case her hair stylist could see its contents.

Sana: I miss you so much. I can't even remember what your lips taste like.

Mina smiled as she scanned the crowded dressing room reflected in the mirror in front of her. Her eyes locked with Sana, who was sitting alone on a sofa in the corner smirking suggestively at her. Mina texted Sana back furtively.

Mina: I miss you, too. I wish I could just kiss you right now. We're still dating, right? I didn't accidentally break up with you or something, right?

Sana's high pitched laughter pierced through the room upon reading Mina's text. A few staff members and Twice members looked over at Sana in amusement, but Sana waved them off with an easy smile. "I just read something funny."

Sana went back to her phone and Mina waited for the next message.

Sana: You're so adorable, Mittang.

Sana: After our performance later, let's meet back here when everyone goes to sit down.

Mina's eyebrows shot up in surprise. It was a rather daring suggestion to meet in a dressing room for a make out session. (Or did Sana mean something more? Mina had no idea.) But Mina was desperate for alone time with Sana. And as her eyes locked again with Sana's, a longing gaze passing between them, it seemed like Sana felt the same way.

"OK," Mina texted back, including an emoji with a pair of lips in her reply. Within seconds, Sana sent back about a dozen lip emojis and Mina had to close their chat window for fear of someone seeing the message.

Almost an hour later, Mina and Sana were rushing through the backstage halls of the performance venue, eager to return to their dressing room. Sana poked her head in first and found the room was empty and dark.

"Perfect," Sana announced. She closed the door behind Mina and the light. "We probably have 5 minutes before someone comes looking for us. Maybe 10 if we really run back to our seats--"

Sana stopped talking as Mina roughly pressed her against the wall, kissing her urgently as though they hadn't kissed in weeks--which they hadn't.

"Mina--"

"Don't," Mina murmured. She pulled back from the kiss just slightly to let Sana see the loneliness burning in her eyes. "Just kiss me. Please?"

Sana's heart melted under Mina's vulnerable gaze. She leaned in and kissed Mina deeply, treating this moment like it was their last kiss--which it basically was, given how packed their schedules were for the ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter