Birthday's Eve

I See Stars When I Look At You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 23, 2019

Excitement filled the Twice dorm as midnight approached. Members sneaked through the rooms with hushed giggles and whispers, rushing to secretly complete their tasks. But no one was more excited than Mina, the soon-to-be birthday girl, who sat in bed with Nayeon.

It was obvious that Mina knew her party was coming and it was obvious that Nayeon was just a blatant distraction for Mina while their members set up the party, but the two girls cheerfully played along anyway because it was part of the Twice birthday tradition.

Mina's bed was still in the double-wide bed configuration that her girlfriend Sana had created a few months ago by pushing their beds together. Mina and Nayeon sat facing each other as they talked. Mina's body was on her own bed while her legs stretched out onto Sana's side, her back to the door.

"So how do you like sleeping with Sana?" Nayeon asked her suddenly, catching the younger girl completely off guard.

Mina nearly fell off the bed in surprise. She forced herself to laugh to cover up her initial reaction, hoping it didn't sound too unnatural. "W-what do you mean?"

"The beds," Nayeon clarified, not at all suspicious about Mina's behavior. "It must be nice to sleep in a big bed like this. Jihyo still won't let me push our beds together," she added with a pout.

Mina internally sighed with relief as she listened to Nayeon's complaints about how unreasonable Jihyo was being, all the while thinking it was incredibly lucky that no one had figured out that she and Sana were dating during the past six months--no one except for one particular member who had caught them kissing.

"It's definitely nice," Mina said to Nayeon, referring to her sleeping arrangements with Sana. She tried to keep her expression neutral to hide the anxiety rising in her chest. She still didn't feel comfortable telling Nayeon about her relationship with Sana yet. "It's like sleeping with a big teddy bear--except for the part where she kicks a lot in her sleep."

"Who kicks a lot in her sleep?" an indignant voice asked from the doorway. Mina's heart jumped with excitement as a pair of warm hands covered her eyes from behind. Even if the voice hadn't given away this person's identity, the hands on her face felt so familiar that Mina would've instantly known that it was her girlfriend Sana standing behind her, pressed up against her.

"Um... I kick in my sleep?" Mina replied innocently, inciting a laugh from both Sana and Nayeon.

Sana held her hands firmly over Mina's eyes and brought her lips to the younger girl's ear. "Don't be scared. I've come to kidnap you," Sana explained with an attempt at a menacing voice that came out more adorable than scary.

Mina laughed as Sana helped her off the bed. Nayeon then took her hands and began to carefully lead Mina out of their shared bedroom.

"What's going on?" Mina asked with a giggle, but she had a feeling that midnight was here and it was finally time for her birthday party.

Mina had no idea what her members had planned for the party, had no idea that Sana was going to cover her eyes or where exactly Nayeon was now leading her, but there was no reason for Mina to be scared or anxious. Her birthday was always one of those days where Twice made her feel extra loved and extra cared for. And given that this was her first birthday celebration with her secret girlfriend Sana, Mina felt like this would be a particularly happy birthday.

"You'll see when we get there," Sana in a singsong voice. Mina could imagine Sana's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter