Chapter Three // Not The Only One

List of Perfection // Hyungwonho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hoseok doesn’t know when it was that he fell asleep, however, he is awoken by the sound of the bell ringing. As the sound of the bell passes, Hoseok’s ears tune into the sounds of Hyungwon’s soft snores. Hoseok smiled to himself slightly, mind still fogged with sleep as he buries his face back into Hyungwon’s chest, savoring the warmth against his cheeks from the taller’s body. Hyungwon releases a small murmur in his sleep, his grip tightening around Hoseok as his body shifted slightly. The side of Hoseok’s face is pressed against Hyungwon’s firm chest as he yawns, vision finally coming into focus enough for him to see the time on the clock.

Hoseok squinches his eyes, making sure he’s seeing the time right, he turns his head to look at Hyungwon’s face the best he can due to being squeezed against him. He watches as his nostrils slowly and gently flare with each intake of breath, suddenly aware of how his chest rises and falls beneath him. Hoseok sighs quietly, looking at the peaceful expression of the sleeping male, memories of before their nap suddenly rushing back to him. Though Hoseok can’t clearly see Hyungwon’s forehead due to the taller’s messy, sleep-ruffled hair, he can see the smallest amount of white bandaging peeking past his ear, where the taller’s hair was cut shorter.

He thinks back to how the only reason Hyungwon was injured was that he had tried to cover for him and take the blame, despite both of them being late. With the thought comes a small smile, and a part of him that doesn’t want to wake Hyungwon up and just wants to let him rest. Which Hoseok does, his head once again landing softly on his chest as he closes his eyes. The two had been through a more than eventful morning and had only known each other for roughly three and a half hours. Yet Hoseok finds himself able to fall asleep rather easily in the arms of the taller, and for the first time that morning, Hoseok feels as if he’s done something right.

Right, however, he was not. This was evident to him when he had awoken to the sound of a loud thud. Hoseok tiredly lifts his head, looking in the direction he thought the sound had come from. Im Changkyun stands roughly ten feet away from the bed, various texts books scattered around his feet, telling Hoseok that the sound he had heard was Changkyun dropping the books on the floor. As Hoseok's eyes begin to focus he is able to see the tall, thin woman behind Changkyun standing at the door. That woman was no other than their teacher, and she looked anything but pleased. Hoseok maneuvered around Hyungwon’s torso, putting his arms at the sides of his body before pushing himself up the best he could in his tired state.

Their teacher’s hands move to her hips as her eyebrows crease on her forehead. Changkyun has a grin on his face, one that screams mischief. Hoseok blinks his eyes, trying his best to rid the sleep that weighs down his body. Though, it’s rather hard when Hyungwon opens his eyes, the quiet murmur of ‘mornin’ baby’ leaving his lips before his eyes are even open completely. Hoseok turns his head away from Changkyun and their teacher, his eyes meeting Hyungwon’s. Only then does he realize how strange the position they're in must look. Hoseok is sprawled across Hyungwon, Hyungwon’s arms wrapped around him, Hoseok’s arms pinning Hyungwon down from getting up. Hyungwon’s sleepy expression looked at Hoseok endearingly, not yet noticing the total-freak-out expression on Hoseok’s face.

“Hey baby,” Hyungwon began, a small yawn slipping past his lips. “Sleep well?”

“Oh I’m sure he did,” Changkyun hissed, grin still tugging at the corners of his lips as he spat words in both Hyungwon and Hoseok’s general direction, “You two have skipped class all day.”

Hyungwon blinked, turning his head to where Changkyun’s voice came from, his ears instantly turning red as he released Hoseok from his arms, his words from earlier playing back in his mind. Their teacher pursed her lips, looking to the two of them expectantly, waiting for one of them to start explaining and for the two to separate from each other. Hoseok slowly lifted his body up, though immediately regretted it and quickly laid himself back down. Hyungwon looked at Hoseok questioningly.

“It’s… awkward…” Hoseok grumbled quietly, the tips of his ears turning pink.

Hyungwon shook his head slightly, propping himself up onto his elbows, although it was hard with Hoseok’s weight on top of him, “Just… sit on my lap when I get up, don’t look at them unless necessary…” Hyungwon whispered into Hoseok’s ear.

Hyungwon’s body slowly started to rise into a sitting position, Hoseok’s legs going next to Hyungwon’s thighs as he uncomfortably straddled him. Hyungwon inhaled, loud enough for Hoseok to hear him, before exhaling quietly, Hoseok feeling Hyungwon’s chest move against his. Hoseok buried his head into the crook of Hyungwon’s neck, feeling as his chest would rise and fall and how his throat would vibrate as he began to speak.

“It’s my fault.” Hyungwon began, earning an eye roll from Changkyun and a questionable shuffle from Hoseok, “Hoseok didn’t want to skip class, but I begged him to. I forced him to stay here with me.”

Changkyun scoffed, kneeling down to pick up his textbooks before made his way out of the room, not caring to mind his teacher by the door as he ran his shoulder into hers. Their teacher sighed, fingers pinching the bridge of her nose before she pushed up her glasses.

“Would you two boys care to explain what it is you have been doing?” She asks, her figure tight as straight as she stands by the door, not bothering to go after Changkyun, as it was already a lost cause.

“Hyungwon didn’t feel well…” Hoseok muttered, his face still in the crook of Hyungwon’s neck

“Hoseok, stop talking,” Hyungwon whispered under his breath, “We were sleeping. I didn’t feel well, so I asked Hoseok to stay with me. I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter