Chapter One // Chae Hyungwon

List of Perfection // Hyungwonho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Playlist:

 

Lee Hoseok had a list, a list of what he deemed perfection. That list contained everything that his ideal partner would consist of. In theory, it all seemed perfect, it all seemed too good to be true. In no reality would he ever find a partner to match his exact description, in no reality, was that possible. Hoseok, while displeased with his high standards, was content that no such person existed. In fact, he felt as if he might just implode if the exact person did exist. However, that person did not exist, and Hoseok was free to live yet another day without worry.

He had awoken at precisely 6:30 in the morning on an ordinary Tuesday, getting out of bed upon his eyes opening at the first sound of his alarm. His feet brushed against his shag carpet, his toes being tickled by the soft sensation it brought. He made his way to his bathroom, readying himself for the day of school that was ahead. From downstairs wafted the sent of breakfast, from down the hall came the sounds of his mother getting ready for work, and from Hoseok’s bathroom came gentle singing as he rinsed shampoo from his hair.

Upon finishing his shower Hoseok dried himself and readied himself in his uniform, adjusting his tie in the full-length mirror to make sure it was the perfect length to suit the size of his abdomen and perfecting the knot to be positioned in the direct center. The clacking of his mother’s heels against the hardwood floor of the hallway beckoned him from his room, a sign that breakfast was now ready and that it was time for him to have a quick meal with his family before gathering his things and heading on his way to school.

Hoseok pulled his chair away from the dining room table, his father emerging from the kitchen with two plates of food, apron still present around his waist. Hoseok let out a gentle snort at the sight of his father, glasses high on the bridge of his nose and pink, frilly apron tightly secured around his waist. His father placed a plate in front of him at his spot at the table, the other plate being placed in front of his mother, whom of which was already at the table by the time Hoseok got down the stairs. His father made his way back to the kitchen, emerging in the doorway not long after with his own plate of food in one hand.

“Good morning son, you look rather nice today.” His father complimented, sitting down at his own spot at the table with his food.

Hoseok’s mother giggled, her red, glossed lips forming a grin as she spoke, “Well, of course, he does honey! After all, Hyungwon is coming over this morning!”

Hoseok’s chopsticks fumbled in his hand as he went to pick them up, eyes widening as his eyebrows knitted, “I- I’m sorry, who?”

Another laugh escaped his mother, her hand going to cover in attempts to hide the food she was chewing before she laughed, “You must still be half asleep honey! How could you forget Hyungwon was taking you to school today?”

At this point Hoseok’s chopsticks were clattering against the table, his voice louder than intended as he spoke, “I’m sorry, who?”

“The neighbor boy honey! Chae Hyungwon! He lives diagonally across the street from us!” His mother exclaimed, a look of worry spreading across her face, “Are you feeling alright, sweetie?”

Hoseok flinched away from his mother’s hand that was stretching towards his forehead, a look of disbelief present on his face, “What?”

A knock coming from the front door was enough for his mother to pull her hand back and for his father to stand from his spot, “Hoseok, that must be Hyungwon. Go get the door for him will you?”

“I- Uh- Sure… Dad…” Hoseok managed to stammer, shoving a scoopful of rice into his mouth before standing to his feet, not bothering to wipe his face afterward.

Hoseok swallowed partially as his hand twisted the knob of the front door, revealing a tall, lanky male as soon as the door was open. Hoseok was flabbergasted, blown away, and seconds away from fainting as his eyes landed on the male in front of him. While Hoseok didn’t know the male that was staring at him with a gorgeous smile on his face, he got a sense of familiarity from him. The male waved, showing off his long, slender fingers that so far matched the rest of him.

“Good morning Hoseok!” He greeted, leaning forward to wrap his arms around the stunned Hoseok.

Hoseok could do nothing but stare blankly in front of him as the male pulled away and stepped into the house, motioning for Hoseok to come with as he sat at the table. Hoseok shook his head, regaining his thoughts and loosening his grip on the doorknob before slowly pushing the door closed. Pivoting on his foot, his eyes landed on the tall male who was now sitting next to his spot at the table. Hoseok gulped before awkwardly making his way back to the table, tapping the unknown male on the shoulder and gaining his attention.

“Can I speak to you? In private.” Hoseok asked, his voice firm much like his gaze.

“Yeah, of course, what’s up?” Hyungwon replied, eyebrows knitting in concern as he stood to his feet, now towering a few inches over Hoseok.

Hoseok let out a deep sigh before grabbing Hyungwon by his thin wrist and dragging him upstairs to his bedroom. Hoseok shoved the male onto his bed, turning his back to him and immediately digging through his closet, throwing several unwanted objects either behind him or to the side. Hoseok’s hands reached for a box in the back of his closet, practically yanking it out once he got ahold of it, the backward momentum of doing so causing him to fall flat on his back.

“Are you okay?” Hyungwon asked, voicing his concern as he stared at the dazed Hoseok that was sprawled across the floor, desperately clutching a shoebox to his chest.

Hoseok sat up moments later, standing to his feet after opening the box and pulling out a folded sheet of paper. Hoseok made his way over to Hyungwon, unfolding the paper as he did so. His eyes darted across the paper, reading every word scrawled across the lined sheet before looking to Hyungwon, then back to the sheet of paper. A look of disbelief spread across Hoseok’s face as he lowered the paper to his side, his ears also tinting a shade of red. Hoseok swallowed a lump forming in his throat as Hyungwon stared at him expectantly, not sure what to say.

“What is it Hoseok?” Hyungwon asked, eyebrows knitting further into a tight crease, a small frown of concern placed upon his plump lips.

Hoseok continued to stare at Hyungwon, unable to say anything due to the terror that filled him upon seeing the exact traits listed on the paper present on Hyungwon. Hoseok swallowed once more, opening his mouth to speak, only to close it after finding his throat dry. There was no way it was possible, Hoseok’s ideal person shouldn’t exist, and if they did there was no way it should have been a male such as Hyungwon, but a beautiful girl instead. Hoseok drew in a deep breath in attempts to prevent himself from saying anything reckless, however, it provided no use as soon as he opened his mouth once more to speak.

“Go out with me.” Hoseok blurted, his face instantly turning scarlet as soon as the words left his mouth.

To say Hyungwon looked surprised would be an understatement, he, in fact, looked terrified at the sudden proposal. Hoseok took a step back, being careful not to stumble and embarrass himself further, breaking eye contact with Hyungwon as he did so.

Hoseok covered his face with his hands, “Please forget I said that.” he muttered in embarrassment.

“Why?” Hyungwon asked, standing from the spot he was forced onto on the bed and taking a step towards Hoseok.

Hoseok was at a loss for words, only managing to echo Hyungwon’s words back to him as he stammered, “W-why?”

Hyungwon smirked slightly in a playful manner, “Why do you want me to go out with you?”

“I- Uh… I-” Hoseok began to feel faint from the embarrassment, a hoard of butterflies and anxiety filling his gut.

A light laugh escaped from Hyungwon, “I’m only teasing you, Hoseok.”

“I- I only asked because I… Well, I told my parents that I was dating someone and now they want to meet the person and well… I kind of lied.” Hoseok said quickly, fumbling over his words as he said the first thing he could think of to excuse his mistake.

“Sure.” Hyungwon said, a soft smile tugging at his lips, “I’ll go out with you until you tell your parents the truth. Or can think of something else to tell them.”

“Wh- What?” Hoseok stammered, shocked that Hyungwon had actually agreed to his lie.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter