Chapter Two // Nurse's Office

List of Perfection // Hyungwonho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Playlist :

 

 

The sound of the school bell ringing in the not so far distance is enough for Hyungwon to once again take Hoseok by the hand and take off running. Hoseok lets out another whine, his shorter legs struggling to keep up with Hyungwon’s long, running strides. To Hyungwon, this child-like tendency of Hoseok is something he finds not only hilarious, but adorable, and he knows it’s only a matter of time before he finds himself falling for the black-haired male. A bubbly laugh escapes Hyungwon’s throat as the two make it to the school gates, although it is almost drowned out by Hoseok’s consistent whining and cries to stop.

“S-stop… stop laughing… at me.” Hoseok pants, his body nearly folding in half in exhaustion as soon as they stop running.

Hyungwon can only continue to laugh as heavy pants seep from between Hoseok’s clenched teeth. Hoseok turns his head slightly, arm immediately hitting Hyungwon in the thigh, his eyes narrowing as he glares at the taller. Hoseok’s actions only make Hyungwon laugh harder and Hoseok immediately straightens himself. Anger overtakes the exhaustion in his eyes and soon he is playfully hitting Hyungwon’s shoulder, shouting insults towards the taller in attempts to get him to stop laughing.

“Come on! We’re already late, stop laughing at me!” Hoseok pouts, continuing his assault on Hyungwon’s shoulder.

Hyungwon’s laughs slowly begin to falter, although he is now sat on the pavement, legs crossed and arms behind his back to prop him up. A heavy exhale leaves Hyungwon, a bright smile spreading across his lips as he looks to the pouting Hoseok, who was now standing farther away from him than he had been previously, his back turned to the taller. Hyungwon sighs lightly, pushing himself up off of the ground and making his way over to where Hoseok is pouting, his body still noticeably tired from running due to the rising-falling motion of his torso. Hyungwon, upon reaching Hoseok, wraps his arms around him and clasps his hands together around his tummy.

“I’m sorry baby…” He whispers, his warm breath contrasting with the morning chill against Hoseok’s already red ears.

Hoseok awkwardly places his hands over Hyungwon’s, trying to pry them apart and break free of his grip. The thinner’s hold, however, is surprisingly strong and Hoseok finds himself unable to squirm his way out of his death-like hold. Hyungwon hums slightly, swaying back and forth, moving Hoseok with him. Hoseok unwillingly feels a flutter in his heart, the feeling strong enough to give him to power to fall out of Hyungwon’s grip after jerking forward. Hoseok refuses to meet Hyungwon’s eyes, rather, he picks his bag up from the ground and runs into the school, confused by the fluttering of his heart.

Hoseok had known Hyungwon for barely an hour, yet somehow, the taller of the two managed to show affection towards him as if he had known him his whole life. Despite knowing nothing about the mysterious Chae Hyungwon that suddenly appeared on his doorstep that morning, his heart had continued to beat frantically, adding to Hoseok’s already confused state. Hoseok shakes his head, ridding the tall, attractive male from his thoughts as he runs to his class, not aware that Hyungwon was not far behind him.

Hoseok slowly opens the door to his classroom, hoping to be quite enough as to not get noticed by his teacher. His efforts, however, are proven futile when the class president, Im Changkyun, spots him. Changkyun immediately stands from his seat, eyes locking on Hoseok, who at the time had been tiptoeing to his desk in the back row.

“Look who decided to show up.” Changkyun laughs, his voice and gaze directing attention to Hoseok.

Hoseok’s face flushes red as most eyes in the class turn to look at him, including his teacher’s. His teacher sighs, rubbing her temple and causing her glass to bounce slightly on her nose. She opens to question why Hoseok is late, however, she sighs again as Hyungwon flies into the room at eighty miles-per-hour like the star track athlete he is. Hoseok is just as shocked to see Hyungwon run into the room, tripping over a chair in the process of running to the front of the classroom but not allowing it to stop him as he stumbles but continues on his way.  Hyungwon bows in apology, perhaps a little too aggressive as he does so, hitting his head on the teacher's desk as a result.

Several students laugh, a few gasping before laughing. Changkyun lets out a hysterical cackle, clapping his hands like a sea lion before his stone-cold ‘bad boy’ demeanor returns due to a few students looking at him strangely due to his not-very-class-president-like behavior that morning. Hoseok, however, just stares at Hyungwon in absolute shock as the taller immediately brings his hand to his head for a quick moment before lowering it once more, Hoseok not failing to see the traces of red blood on his fingers.

“Hyungwon- are- are you okay?” The teacher asks, absolutely horrified by the sight of the bowing boy in front of her as blood begins to form where he had hit his head.

Hyungwon nods, wiping the blood on his fingers on his pant leg before he stands up and speaks, “It’s my fault Hoseok is late, please don’t be upset with him.”

Their teacher sighs, “Hyungwon, go to the nurse. We will talk about this after class, Hoseok, you go with him. I’ll see you two after class.”

Hyungwon nods his head, ignoring the stinging pain and feeling of blood dripping from his forehead, and smiling at the thought that he gets to spend extra time with Hoseok, and get out of sitting through class. Hyungwon brings his hand to his forehead, wiping the blood with his sleeve and making his way down one of the aisles of desks, tossing his bag under the desk right next to Hoseok’s. To say Hoseok was confused would be an understatement, he was, in fact, questioning his whole entire life up until this point. Hoseok had been in the same class, with the same people, and the same teachers, for the past two years. How had Hoseok not noticed Hyungwon up until now?

Hoseok shook off the thought of the taller once more, not wanting to think of him more than he already had to. Sighing inaudibly Hoseok put his backpack on his seat, Hyungwon approaching him as he did so. Hoseok looked up, his eyes landing on Hyungwon’s chest and suddenly noticing that his tie was crooked. Hoseok huffed, his OCD kicking in as his hands reached for Hyungwon’s tie, quickly untying it and surprising Hyungwon.

“What are you doing?” Hyungwon says, his voice lower than it had been when talking previously, possibly due to not wanting other students to hear.

Hoseok remained quiet, eyes and hands focused on Hyungwon’s tie before he finished the knot, smiling in satisfaction when he did. “It was crooked.”

Hyungwon chuckled slightly, hand going to wipe his forehead once more with his sleeve, “Shall we?”

“I guess, I mean, we don’t have much of a choice. You’re a bloody mess.” Hoseok replied quietly, eyes flickering up to see Hyungwon’s injury, accidentally meeting eyes with him in the process.

Hoseok quickly looked away, suddenly feeling awkward with the taller. Hyungwon smiled slightly at Hoseok’s newfound shyness and grabbed his hand with the hand he hadn’t been using to wipe his forehead. Hoseok tensed upon feeling Hyungwon’s hand holding his own, hurrying the two of them out of the room before stopping in the hallway right outside the door.

Hoseok closed the door with his free hand before yanking his other hand away from Hyungwon’s, “What are you doing?” Hoseok hissed.

Hyungwon quirked an eyebrow in confusion, “Am I not allowed to hold my boyfriend’s hand?”

“We aren’t actually dating Hyungwon!” Hoseok sighed, running a hand through his hair before he proceeded to walk down the hall, “I already told you this! We’ve been through this! There’s no need to act when my parents aren’t around.”

Hyungwon’s footsteps quickly echoed down the hall as he caught up with Hoseok, “Well I don’t see why we shouldn’t. It will just make us more believable.”

Hoseok groaned loudly, looking in Hyungwon’s direction but refusing to meet his eyes, “I’m not gay, Hyungwon.”

Hyungwon sighed, “I still don’t see the pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter