you haven't even seen the worst of me

devil’s night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

✘  i will fight fire with hell ✘

 

Yuqi was in a perpetually drowning motion. Perfect, that was supposedly the embodiment of her. The girl who had never stepped out of line. The respectful and dutiful daughter who visited the church every Sunday morning without fault. Except, she resented that mask of hers. It should have been considered a sin to be living a constant lie.

 

But tonight, she would peel back the covers, open the steel gates, and allow the demons to roam free. They would wreck havoc.

 

She hummed a quiet tune as she doused the house with alcohol. Her fingers nimble as she struck a match. It flickered wildly in her eyes. The small flame attempted to chase away the darkness of the night. Slowly, she lowered the end to the wooden  door of the abandoned house.

 

She lit the doorway on fire, watching it slowly burn before her eyes. The flames swallowed the doorframe before spreading upwards to the rooftops, growing larger and larger as time passed. The house’s existence which before served as nothing more than a reminder was now dissipating into blackened ashes. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter