+ Different

let's breakaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[ +2.5 ]

 

I was so hyper aware of her, it was difficult to concentrate on my lyrics.

Bae JooHyun.

My lips quirked into a smile as I recalled how upset she had been because of a pack of spilled chestnuts. But that never stopped her coming with me, from escaping from the prying eyes of the overzealous fans who had spotted me. My mood darkened as I remembered it.

Word had got around campus that I liked to roam the streets late at night and reached my groups fan-board. That was all it took to have and army of Army swarming the streets of Myeong-Dong looking for me. And that day they'd gotten lucky. So had I, I supposed, since JooHyun had agreed to spend time with me and I'd learned more about her...

“Where do you study?” A voice asked behind me.

I glance up, startled. “Excuse me?”

“Where are you studying?” JooHyun asked more slowly, gesturing to the laptop in front of me. “You’re a student, right?”

I remembered the lie I'd told about my scholarship and shuffled nervously, aware that Shin-Hye and Minhyuk might be listening.

“Uh, yeah…”

“So… What are you studying?”

I glance behind her to the counter to Minhyuk, who flashed me a knowing grin back. He was listening. I look away quickly and clear my throat.

“Music.”

She takes a moment to process that and I can see the hint of disbelief in her eyes. “Why? Do you play an instrument?”

“Yes, but I also, uh… Sing?” I cringe as it comes out like a question.

She nods, shuffles awkwardly from one foot to another before turning on her heel and wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter