+ Misunderstanding

let's breakaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[ +1.5 ]

 

I had it all... And yet people would never, could never, understand why I'd fought so hard to get away, even if it was only for a short period of time. 

The group I was in, BTS, had taken a six month hiatus from all the promotions we had so the members could work on their own individual projects. But me? I glanced at the stack of assignments I had to work on and couldn’t help the smile that came to my lips. I’d decided to do something a little different than the others. 

Stepping out of the spotlight wasn’t an easy choice. My dream was to be a singer, to perform on the stage and create music. But I needed that break just like the rest of BTS did. We’d been none stop for almost a year now and were all close to the verge of burning out emotionally and physically from the strain.

And speaking of troubles…

My finger hovered over the deactivate account button before I quickly shut down the app with a huff. Why I’d joined social media was beyond me, but it seemed such a normal, college student thing to do. The trouble was – nothing about me was every going to be normal again and it was a fact that was on level as the fact I was Korean. Almost every other idol I knew had a secret Instagram account and got away from it with very few being discovered. Mine had lasted just a week before being found. Clearly I was doing something wrong.

Hiding away on the back table in my favourite, out of the way coffee shop, I looked at my secret social media account showing the literally hundreds of thousands of follow requests that I’d received in the past hour. It was making me feel somewhat dizzy. I had no idea how my fans even found this account, since it was so vague and… Well, secret.  

Slamming the laptop shut I returned my things to my backpack with a frown. 

The fans couldn’t see what I’d posted – mostly scenery pictures – as the account was locked down privacy wise, but it was still unnerving. It didn’t help either that there was a very strong chance this place wouldn’t be my safe heaven for much longer. The campus was already compromised; Army had found out where I was spending my hiatus and had taken to swarming the grounds, trying their best to get access to the rooms where my classes took place.

The company had arranged for extra security to aid the campus ones, but I knew it was putting a strain on the students, all of who had to endure rigorous Security clearance if their classes were anywhere near mine. In fact, even the students who had been Army before were beginning to resent my presence. This café was the one place where they couldn’t find me. It was quiet and out of the way, those who did use its custom mostly middle aged men and women who weren’t into BTS’ type of music. To me it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter