i'm not trying to stop you, love

P E N D I NG

One of the worst things that could happen is going into a long drive and forgetting to bring your earphones with you. Wendy was sure she brought it along until their 5 minutes into their way to their schedule and she rummage through every pocket of her bag to look for her airpods. A sigh escapes when she finally gives in to the fact that she’ll have to sit through all their way to their destination without her lowkey jamming to the new 1975 and LANY albums.

Watching all of this happen, Irene can’t help grin that adorns her face with the way the younger girl slams her back on the car seat and pouts as she angrily scrolls through her phone. Clearly amused, she scoots closer to Wendy handing her right piece of her earphones.

“I told you this with cords are better than your wireless ones.” The teasing so obvious in her voice that younger girl glares at her. Way too rub salt on her wound, Wendy thinks.

“Shut up.” Wendy mumbles as she wears the ear piece and Irene suddenly had the urge to kiss the pout that seems to stay on Wendy’s features.

“Why are you so cute?” Maybe she can kiss her lips later but for now a peck on cheek would do.

They sat there in silence with Irene mindlessly playing with Wendy’s hand. When suddenly, as if the worlds halts when Irene heard the words Wendy just mouthed.

“What?!” She tries not to yell that’s why it almost sounded like a hiss.

“I want .” Wendy repeats calmly and Irene think she’s getting a heart attack with how innocent Wendy looks at her as if she’s the one who just said those words. Then it clicks on Wendy’s mind that her girlfriend is having an internal turmoil with her simple request.

“I mean the song, Hyun.” Wendy smirks and Irene feels relieve with the clarification.

“But for the record, I don’t mind doing what you think I meant.” Which earned her a slap on her thigh which only made Wendy laugh at her.

“But we have to do it later because we have to do this schedule.” Wendy teases some more and before Irene can hit her again, she pulls her into a searing kiss leaving both of them breathless when they pulled away from each other’s lips.

“Okay later.” Irene whispers. And Wendy smirks as she kisses the older girl again.

 

***
Author's Note: I was driving the other day when I this idea pops into my head. Hope you guys enjoy this short update :)