i knew you were trouble

P E N D I NG

Seungwan thinks it’s the best for everyone if she does this, it’s the right thing to do. At least that’s what she’s been telling herself all this time. Because avoiding the love of your life is the hardest thing she ever done but she needs to take precautionary measures, or she might be do something stupid that they might end up regretting later.

She woke up a lot earlier than usual so instead of going straight to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, as her morning routine, she puts on her shoes and head out for a run. It’s a good idea to do so as she gets to clear her head out and she think she needed time alone to rethink her choices. After an hour or so, she decided it was time to go back to her regular programming. She checked their cupboards and fridge on what she can prepare and just settled for making pancakes.

Seulgi was awoken by the smell coming from the kitchen and she already knows that Wendy prepared something delicious so with a smile on her face, she heads out to check on her friend. But what surprises her is Joohyun peeking through the corner watching Wendy. So she played along and stood behind the older girl.

 

“WAaAaAaAAA” Joohyun shrieked when she felt Seulgi’s presence behind her.

“What are you doing?” The older girl raised her eyebrows almost annoyed but Seulgi looks at her amused.

“Better question is what are you doing? Why are you watching Seungwan so creepily in this beautiful day?” Seulgi rolled her eyes that makes Joohyun sighs deeper than she wanted too.

“Why? Are you guys fighting?” Seulgi inquires her brain tries to recall if there are any weird interaction between the lovebirds but she can’t think of anything.

“I’m actually not sure.” Seulgi’s gapes at Joohyun’s quiet response.

“She’s been avoiding me.” Joohyun pouts as Seulgi grimaces because she’s pretty sure that Wendy is not avoiding the other girl. She always see her same aged friend ready to give her hand to the older girl, saves her a seat on the couch, hugs her a little longer when their practice ends even when they’re both sweaty as hell and not to mention Wendy keeps on stealing glances at Joohyun when they do practice.

“I don’t think so.” Seulgi tilts her head when she’s done recalling the past few days they are all together.

“She’s avoiding me, Seul. I mean you guys won’t probably notice because she’s still so sweet when you guys are around but everytime if we get to have alone time together…I don’t know how she does it but somehow she dodges it and I don’t know why.” Joohyun said quite frustrated with the things are going on between them and Seulgi suddenly realizes that her unnie has a point. The 3 of them, her, Yerim and Sooyoung, usually gives the other time their space to be the lovers that they are.

 

Seulgi then remembers that one time where she came home to Seungwan sitting at the corner of the couch whilst Joohyun sits on the other. She didn’t think much of it, she thought maybe one of them just got out of their room and their hazy brain is yet to process that they’re alone together. Or that one time when Wendy just gave Joohyun a high five after their grueling 5-hour long practice when she hugged Sooyoung. Or the fact that Seungwan has been sleeping on their shared room again way too many nights already.

 

“Hmm, let me check with her unnie. She might have something to say for herself and if she doesn’t I’ll talk some sense into her for you.” Seulgi smiles as she pats her unnie on the shoulder.

With that in mind, Seulgi walks in the kitchen and went straight to the fridge to get herself a drink.

“Morning Wan.” She greets as she watches Seungwan cook the pancakes.

“Morning.” The other girl greets her back and removes her earphones.

“What were you listening to?” Seulgi inquires because she knows she needs to start on a small talk to make the younger girl let her guard down and talk to her.

“Malibu Nights.” The younger girl answered as she flips the pancake.

“LANY? Great track. Great album.”

“You know it.”

 

Seulgi bites her lip because she honestly don’t know how to actually ask her bestfriend if she’s avoiding their unnie. So she sighed and here comes nothing, she said to herserlf.

“So Wan”

“Yeah?” Seungwan answered not really looking into Seulgi because she’s removing the pancake from the pan and is stirring the batter again to put a new one.

“Are you avoiding unnie?” That took Wendy by surprise making her pour more batter than the usual/

“WHAT? Oh my god! Look at what you did!” Seungwan shakes her head and glares at Seulgi.

“You’re going to eat this one!” Wendy said as she points the spatula at the older girl.

“Fine! More for me!”

“Hey! Don’t distract me from my question!” Seulgi snickers back to which Seungwan rolled her eyes.

“Yes. I am. Are you happy now?” She sighs because she doesn’t want to talk about this.

“What? Why? Did you do something wrong? Are you upset at her?” Seulgi looks at her as if want she just said is the most scandalous thing she ever heard and maybe it its.

 

“WHAT? No!” Seungwan almost yelled at her bestfriend because of course Joohyun didn’t do anything, she actually wish she does.

“Then why then? You do know avoiding her means hurting her right?”

“You don’t have to remind me that. I know” She knows but she doesn’t have a choice. Okay maybe she does, but that’s not a choice she wanted to make, yet, at least.

“Then why?”

“Because being in the same room with her, just the two of us, being so close to her, its intoxicating.” Seungwan admits because really its Seulgi, there’s no harm in that.

“And that’s a bad thing?” The slightly older girl scoffs because she doesn’t like to play meddler on their love story but she will if the both of them keep acting like idiots.

“No, not really. But the last time we were together…oh god this is embarrassing.” Seungwan hesitates to stay because really it is embarrassing and even its her bestfriend she’s telling it to, there’s no way for her to feel 100% comfortable about it.

“And avoiding her is stupid. Oh god, I just called you stupid.” Seulgi almost curses at her bestfriend.

“Okay fine.” Seungwan sighs. She better just say it now to end this conversation.

 

“Promise me you won’t tell any soul.” Seungwan narrows her eyes at her friend.

“You can trust me on that, obviously.” Seulgi scoffs and Seungwan smirks.

“Okay so the last time we were alone together. We kissed.” She can already feel her neck burning by just recalling that fortunate date.

“Please! As if you guys don’t kiss from time to time. The practice room has mirrors you know, we can see.” Seulgi rolls her eyes again. How many times will she roll her eyes today? And dear God, the day has just started.

 

“Yeah I know. But that kiss, it was different. As if I need to get closer to her when in reality there’s literally no space between us anymore. It was pretty intense that I didn’t want to stop and I don’t know my hand find the end of her shirt and it ended up on her bare skin an—”

“Oh oh ooookay. No need to further elaborate. I think I got what you mean.” Seungwan didn’t get to finish what she saying because Seulgi frantically interrupts her. This is why she doesn’t want to talk about it because its uncomfortable.

 

“Raging hormones right?” Seulgi teases and Seungwan wants to punch her in the face if that’s what it takes to remove that smirk sitting on her friend’s face.

“Seriously Wan. If you want to bang her just do it. Perks of Joohyun unnie have her own room.” Seulgi further teases and she laughs at loud when Seungwan almost surges to punch her.

“ off, Seul.” Seungwan shakes her head again as she tries to fan herself out. Why is it so hot in here.

“Seriously, just go for it. Just don’t make too much noise. If you know what I mean.” And this time Seungwan has heard it all and rushes to Seulgi’s side to slap her with the spatula she’s holding but Seulgi was faster and she reaches the door before Seungwan can hit her. The younger girl almost had a heart attack when she saw Joohyun standing by the door.

“Oh totally forgot that Joohyun unnie was here. You guys can sort it out.” Seulgi looks at them both with a smirk Seungwan is starting to hate. Seulgi runs straight to the maknaes room when she notices Joohyun is glaring at her. She might can joke around with Seungwan but it always be different if its with Joohyun.

 

The both of them were standing awkwardly and wasn’t even looking at each other.

“Um, how much did you hear?” Seungwan carefully asked hoping she’ll say she didn’t hear anything.

“All of it.” Joohyun shyly answered to which the younger girl nods to.

“Let me just turn off the stove, then we’ll talk, yeah?” She said with a smile and pulls the older girl closer to her and pecking her lips.

 

Joohyun walks to the couch as she watches Seungwan goes back in the kitchen and the older felt like it’s the longest five minutes of her life. The other girl sits beside her on the couch and holds her hand.

“Sorry.” Seungwan says.

“I’m stupid and I’m avoiding you.” She smiles as she kisses Joohyun’s hand.

“If its any consolation, I really want to be spend all my time with you. And as what you heard earlier, I just can’t.”

“You can’t because you don’t want to for things to escalate?” Joohyun pouts and Seungwan wants to yell yes because there’s only so much her self-control can do and if Joohyun keeps pouting they might start doing it in the couch and that’s not good.

“Well…” Seungwan thinks hard because she really wants to consummate this relationship but not if Joohyun doesn’t want to and not when the other girl is not ready.

“Don’t overthink so much.” Joohyun said as she pecks her girlfriend lips.

“I want you as much you want me.” Joohyun says and Seungwan swears she never heard the other girl sound so so y before.

“Really?” Seungwan raised her eyebrows and Joohyun smirks.

“Okay then.” Seungwan said as she kisses Joohyun a little harder this time. Joohyun smiles at the kiss and she can’t help moan when Seungwan’s hand start making its way under her shirt. Seungwan took this opportunity to deepen their kiss further.

 

“Seriously? In the living room? Joohyun unnie have her own room!” Seulgi said as she walks pass them.

“You two might want to separate, I already woke up both Yerim and Sooyoung, let’s not taint their already impish eyes. Thank you very much.” Seulgi further says as she heads back to the kitchen to prepare the table for their breakfast.

“We can continue later.” Seungwan says as she kisses Joohyun one last time.

“Promise?” Joohyun shyly asked and it takes every bone in Seungwan body not to just drag Joohyun to her room and do it already. So instead she opts to kiss her again and again and again.

“I said separate you erts!” Seulgi yelled from the kitchen. The both of them jumping with how loud it was.

“Okay, later I swear.” Seungwan said as she pecks Joohyun again and moves to help Seulgi to the kitchen.

“, I need a cold shower.” Joohyun whispers to herself.

 

 

***

A/N - Have you guys listened to Zion.T and Seulgi's Hello Tutorial? It's awesome! Then on Friday, we'll get John Legend and Wendy's Written in the stars. What an awesome week ahead of us right?