6

Fame and EXO (Book One of ExHaLe series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh no, there's no way in hell I'm doing that!!"

Wanda sighed, rubbing her temples. The stress lines that decorated her forehead intensified as she frowned at the 21 year old before her. "Why do you always give me the hardest time?" she muttered. Chaerin moved her eyebrows in satisfaction before crossing her arms across her chest.

"Seriously, what's the worst that can happen?" Seoyun asked. "I mean, all of us moving into a penthouse together, that's sounds like a plan. Count me in!!"

"Me too. I need new roommates, the trainees I have are never there." Meizhen pouted childishly. Everyone could agree that they all had horrible dorm mates except for Soobin who lived alone. Rebecca grinned and clapped a hand down on a scowling Chaerin's shoulder.

"Oh come on, Chae, it won't be that bad. Just think of it as a sleepover that never ends."

"You're not making me feel any better." the latter deadpanned and Becca swallowed deeply before easing her hand away from the angry blonde.

"What's so bad about us moving into one unit together? We're a team and this was bound to happen."

"Yeah."

Chae shook her head. "It's not even the prospect of us being a team. I just work better in my own space."

"And so do many of us, but you don't hear us complaining." Soobin stated, looking at the rapper strictly."

"You're moving in with your group regardless of how much you like it." Wanda sent her a reprimanding look to which the former huffed and shook her head.

"I'm telling you. There's no way I'm moving in with them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome to your new home." Wanda exclaimed, dully. "Get used to this because you'll be living here for the next 20 years of your career -- according to the contract you have signed." She took a small sip from her liquor can and turned to the girls, expectedly.

In the background, the taxi van sped off down the hill and the girls all stood in one line with their luggage and carry-ons. Their jaws dropped in disbelief at the sight of the penthouse. In front of them sat a two-story house consisting of mainly glass and cream colored bricks. A grey bricked driveway weaved beyond the wide iron gate that separated them from the street, expanding the width of the front view. Planted palm trees and colorful flower beds decorated the wide yard and a dolphin-shaped water fountain stood in all of its glory in the center of the driveway.

"This is unbelievable." Meizhen whispered, her eyes wide in awe. Ara nodded in agreement, her own eyes unable to leave the extravagant building. "What a dream."

Beside them, Chaerin rolled her eyes and snorted. "I've seen better."

"Well let's get you inside, the interior is very impressive." Wanda guided the girls up the driveway and inside. When the front double doors built of engraved wood and stainless glass opened, a wave of gasps filtered into the air.

"Wow!!! This is beautiful."

"Are we seriously living here?"

When the girls stepped in, they were in a wide living room that took up half of the whole left side of the house. White and black furniture was placed in all areas, varying from leather couches, dotted love seats, fancy lamps, black sleek coffee tables, furry zebra rugs and so much more. A grand chandelier hung from the ceiling flawlessly accompanied by wide smart TV placed 3 feet up on the wall. To the right, a winding wooded staircase trailed around the span of the living up into halls leading to more glorious things.

"Yes, you are really living here. Feel free to roam, try not to break anything." When Wanda said that it was as if she released a herd of caged wild animals and she grinned brightly as she watched her clients race around the house. Even Chaerin, though very sluggishly, walked up the stairs to explore. HyeJin and the others pounded up the steps and was met with two individual halls connected together at the end. There were numerous doors with names plastered on them, telling the girls who would reside in each one. "I found my room!!" Hyejin exclaimed.

Pushing the 2nd door on the left of the first hall, she and Becca were met with two twin-sized beds stationed on opposite sides, both covered in magenta silk bed sheets. A love seat sat in the corner by the bay window which out-looked the city below. There was a wide flat screen hanging on the light purple walls and a connected bathroom and walk-in closet.

"I'm digging this color. " Rebecca commented, dragging her luggage to the bed on the left side. Hyejin squealed and jumped face down on her bed, immediately swallowed in silk and fluff. "I love this place."

In the other room, Meizhen and Nayoon gaped at the chocolate fountain on the table in front of their vanity; chocolate bars upon chocolate bars glistened in the sunlight shimmering from their bay window. Meizhen almost dropped to her knees to worship the mini fountain of goodness. Nayoon grabbed a piece, unraveling the gold wrapper from the small rectangular bar, and popped it in . She sighed as the sweetness melted against her tongue. "I could die happy." She whispered.

~~~~~~

Seoyun walked into her shared room with Chaerin, the latter seated on her bed unpacking her clothes.

"Hey, roomie." she greeted, happily. Chaerin grunted in reply making Seoyun stop and frown. "Chaerin, don't act like that. You're still upset, come on." she prodded the elder of on her shoulder, mischieivously. "It isn't that bad."

"You don't know that. What if one day everyone decides we hate each other and want to leave the group. We have nowhere else to go and the contract is already signed. We'd be screwed." Chaerin exclaimed.

"Correction: you'd be screwed. Everyone in here likes everyone in here--- if that made any sense..."

"It didn't."

",and no one is willing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter