5

Fame and EXO (Book One of ExHaLe series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on, come on. Pick up already." Chaerin muttered. The ever ringing of a forward call resided and a cheerful man's voice sounded: "Yo, this is Tim Wang. I can't answer the phone right now so please leave your name and a message and I'll hit you up whenever. F'sho!!"

Chaerin didn't even listen to the lady giving the instruction for a voicemail and clicked off immediately. That had been the 20th time she'd been sent to voicemail.

After the girl had found out she was debuting, Chaerin rushed to call Timothy Wang, the producer she'd known since she was 15. He'd told her last year that if she ever made it up in the world, give him a call. However, the extravagant producer was still in America and seemingly unreachable.

"Aish, why aren't you answering?" The 21 year old gripped her phone in her hand in frustration. She trudged into the dormitory, irritated. She had to go to record with ExCEL and later find a way to get more information on this EXO/ExCEL project. The thought of it made her cringe. What was the actual concept of having a sister/brother group in the first place? Chaerin had never liked sharing something that was hers and ExCEL debuting was their moment; it wouldn't necessarily be theirs if people were waiting for the next big thing after them.

It was if ExCEL was just an experiment for this EXO group.

Chaerin was too caught in her angry thoughts to realize that a door on her left was opening and before she knew it she was smacked to the ground. Hard.

"OW!! What the hell?!" she shouted, gripping her shoulder. Other people around her turned to see what was going on but when they saw the highly upset girl, they decided it was best to walk away and let the person behind the door to deal with her.

"Oh, I'm really sorry. I didn't see you!!"

Chaerin rolled her eyes and got up, grudgingly dusting herself off.
"Yeah, well maybe you should pay attention to what you're doing." she snapped.

"Hey, it's not my fault you were dumb enough to walk in front of a door."

Chaerin was taken back and looked up to see who the culprit was. And when she looked up, she was forced to continue to lifting her head until she was met with a pair or narrowed brown eyes. It was a rather tall boy with blonde hair and strong, dark eyebrows.

"Excuse me. . ." It was the first time someone had ever snapped back at her, usually they just cowered and walked away. "Who the hell so you think you are, you rude jerk."

The guy frowned," Says the girl who snaps at me because of an accident."

"You hit me with a door, almost dislocated my shoulder!"

"You're being overdramatic."

Chaerin fumed, clenching her fists at her sides."You're such a jackass." she spat before stomping away from him. She wasn't one to sit there and bicker with anyone.

"Yeah, you're not far from one yourself." The tall guy called after her as she disappeared around the corner. He his tooth as he watched her walk before continuing to go and mind his own business.

~~©©©~~

EunMyeon ran a hand through her raven locks and studied her appearance in the reflection of the glass of the recording booth; she was wearing a blue sweater and dark jeans, with black flats and her favorite charm bracelet. She put her hair into a low ponytail and nodded at her appearance.

"I'm telling you, I should sing lead. My voice fits the bridge better than anyone else's." Jisoo argued to the girls surrounding her.

" That's a lie, any of the vocalists have a chance to sing that part." Seoyun said with a frown. "You're just being selfish."

Jisoo whipped around towards her and snarled. "Shut up! You can't even sing!"

"Hey, both of you, stop." Soobin demanded, clutching the lyric sheet in her hands frustratedly. "We're supposed to be working as a team, not tearing each other down."

"I think I should sing the bridge." Jisoo declared once again, completely ignoring the leader.

"So should I." Hyejin added.

"Well one of us is going to bow down and it's not gonna be me!" Jisun held her chin high and the two main vocalists held a battle stare, neither of them backing down.

"Myeon, if you're down checking yourself out, we'd really like to get this recording over with now." Meizhen teased, slouching on the stool. A microphone settled in front of her, the other members of ExCEL setting up their lyrics and microphones. They all stood around multiple mics in a spacious recording booth made for large groups.

Today was their last recording for their EP "Begin". The group had been practicing really hard on this song along with the sub groups' debut songs. Subin was going ballistic trying to get the girls organized and act professionally. The more she yelled, the crazier things became. Now it seemed as if everything was falling apart. Members wanted to change parts at the last minute, Manager Wanda was nowhere to be seen, the producer hadn't shown up, and Subin couldn't get the girls under control. Everyone was frustrated and it was having a negative effect on their performance.

"Jisoo, stop being such a brat and let Hyejin sing her part. She's been singing it since we've been recording." Nayoon said, stepping in and taking her best friend's side

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter