3

Fame and EXO (Book One of ExHaLe series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: I will be referring to the girls as 'ExHaLe' from now on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ExHaLe was ordered to meet in one of the new dressing room one afternoon for a reason untold. Manager Kim had left a dainty note on the conference table, only containing specific information about where their new location was and how to get there. What puzzled the girls most was the fact that they were actually going to a dressing room for a session.

It had been two weeks since ExHaLe's first session and from then on all sessions had worked out perfectly. They met in the conference room everyday, talked to each other and got to know each other more. It seemed repetitious but ExHale was more than willing to do things that their manager said would better their future as an idol group.

"I'm hungry." Hyejin sighed. She sat in one of the swiveling chairs, spinning continuously with a bored expression. As of now, ExHaLe was waiting for Manager Kim to show up and give out new directions. It had been almost an hour since they had arrived and some of the girls were getting restless.

"Me too." Meizhen agreed, her chin propped up on her palm with her elbow supported by her thigh as she sat Indian styled on the floor.

"Guys, you just ate like half an hour ago." Soobin said.

"We can't help it. We're like bottomless pits, to eat constantly is how we survive." Hyejin exaggerated.

"Just stop complaining before Manager Kim comes and hears you." Soobin ordered kindly. Over the past days, Soobin has naturally fell into being the ring leader, the girls having come to her when they are confused about something and she was always there to steer them in the right direction. It was an instinctive that they looked up to her, she was the eldest and most wise.

"Yes mother." Hyejin said, a teasing smile lacing her lips. She turned to Seoyun, who was lazily sitting on the black couch scrolling through her phone notifications.

"Seoyun, I don't know how you deal with her. She's so demanding." Hyejin complained, playfully. She winked at the Chinese girl, making the latter give a confused look before breaking into a wicked smile and standing up.

"I know, Soobin's always like "Seoyun don't do that, it's not right to yell." Seoyun whined, getting up and prancing around the space, mimicking a frowning Soobin. The others watched her in amusement, chuckling when Hyejin got up to mimic too.

" 'Hyejin, kindness is a virtue but we must value other people's feelings'. Blah Blah, more old people sayings." Hyejin flailed her arms around before linking arms with Seoyun and prancing around in a circle.

"I do not do things like that! Respect your Unnie." Soobin protested, a smile twitching at the corners of her lips.

"Respect your Unnie, waaaahh!!" All the girls chorused back, erupting into giggles while Meizhen, Hyejin and Seoyun danced around chanting,
'Soobin Unnie Is A Grandma Unnie!!'

"Guys! SM just released the new teasers for their new boy band!!" Meizhen exclaimed, excitingly as she squealed into her phone.

"No way, let me see!" Hyejin shoved over to the 15 year old and they oogled at the video. Chaerin raised an eyebrow at the two, confused on what they were talking about.
"Who's the group anyway?"

A gasp rung from the youngest member in the room. "You don't know the new rookie group SM's releasing soon?"

A few of the girls shook their heads. All trainies had heard of the company's plans to release their best idol boy group. It was always a huge thing months ago because no one ever knew who was actually in the groups until début stage.

"It's a boy group called EXO. They're said to debut in a month or so. They're so cool and they have 12 members! 12!" Meizhen started rambling on about this new boy band and showing the others the new teasers.

"Oh! They sing so well." Nayoon commented watching a video of two guys singing a slow song in a dark area. They didn't know who they were or what the song was about but they were entranced and all gathered around to watch.

"What was their name again?" Chaerin asked.

"Oh, EXO."

The young rapper looked away in thought as the rest continued to watch videos. It wasn't a big coincidence if-

   The door opened and the girls froze. The trio scrambling to their seats as Manager Kim walked in, a couple people training behind, carrying big duffel bags. ExHALe all stood up, forming a horizontal line.

"Good afternoon, Manager Kim." They chorused, bowing simultaneously. Manager Kim smiled at her group, the people behind her walking over to the five vanities and setting out different dressing kits. They wore black, collared button ups and jeans with black aprons.

"Good afternoon ladies, I'm sure you all are very confused as to why you are in SM dressing room, long story short, we will be having makeovers today." Manager Kim explained, with a half empty wine glass was held between her fingers, despite the fact that it was one o'clock in the afternoon.

The girls looked at each other, puzzled. "Why are we getting makeovers?" Chaerin inquired, crossing her arms across her chest. She had heard what debuting groups had to go through during makeovers, she didn't want any one trying to change her look. Or her in general.

"Because it's part of the process, Chaerin." Manager Kim threw an arm across Chaerin's back and hugged her tightly. "Everyone has to go through it, just think of this as a new look for your upcoming new life." She said, the hand with the wine glass going out just a bit.

"Okay..." Chaerin begrudgingl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter