Chapter 6

A Pack of Seven

*** Chapter 6 ***

 

Taehyung’s confession did not go as he had imagined.

Yoongi’s respond after he told them his tale was not what he expected.

“Oh, we know about it already.”

That was what Yoongi said after Taehyung revealed that he was a webtoon artist under the pen name V, and he had been secretly using Jimin and Jungkook as his models in his recent story.

“You guys... know it?” Taehyung widened his eyes rounder than before.

“Well, we know it just moments ago actually,” Seokjin admitted. “Jungkook saw your papers when they were packing your things. He said your sketches reminded him of a webtoon that Namjoon and Jimin had been reading. While we waited for Dr. Song, Jungkook asked Jimin to show him the webtoon, and there he recognized your signature too.”

Taehyung blinked his eyes slowly as Seokjin explained to him calmly.

“And... you guys are... okay with that?” the boy asked.

“Why must we ‘not okay’ with that?” Seokjin shrugged lightly. “In fact, we are amazed. You are awesome! Namjoon says that your works are great because it stands out differently from other stories.”

“But.. I’ve been... stalking you...” Taehyung pulled his blanket closer as he was embarrassed to admit it.

“Tell me your definition of stalking, Tae,” Yoongi said. “How can you stalk when you are gone every time the classes end? Jungkook said he rarely met you other than classes.”

“I looked at them... from afar...” Taehyung admitted.

“And how is that ‘stalking’?” Yoongi raised his shoulders and spread his arms. “Honestly, boy.. we have hundreds of fans who had done worse than you. Some are tailing us closely and infiltrating our private space. While you, I believe you will never come to us if Jungkook had not approached you first that day.”

Taehyung nodded shyly.

Suddenly Seokjin smiled and laughed lightly. “Wait until you admit it yourself to Namjoon and Jimin that you are V. I bet they will ask for your signature already. And...” the older pointed at Taehyung’s iPad, “You better keep that safe with you. I believe, there is where you keep your works. No matter how they bribe you...” he came closer to Taehyung and whispered, “Don’t let them read the next chapter before you publish it.”

Taehyung giggled at how funny Seokjin talked to him. It was as if Seokjin was just like a kid who warned another kid about unimportant things.

“Yes, hyung,” Taehyung smiled widely.

The two older boys felt so soft to see his smile. But they could not keep occupying the boy. Taehyung still looked pale and he needed to rest.

The night ended with Seokjin slept with Taehyung and Yoongi slept alone in the master bedroom. Seokjin was always better at taking care of the others anyway.

The morning came. Taehyung wanted to have breakfast together in dining room rather than eating alone in the room. But when he saw the stiffened expression from Jimin and Jungkook when he stepped out, and he almost retreated back if Jimin did not stop him.

The alpha was standing meters away from him though.

“Taehyung-a... don’t...” Jimin said.

“But I don’t want to make you feel uncomfortable with my presence...” Taehyung clenched on his door.

Jimin chuckled for it. “Aigoo Tae... Really... I am the one who afraid to make you feel uncomfortable. But don’t worry, I can ask Hobi hyung to tie me and Jungkook on our chair. You don’t have to worry about us.”

“Nonono... You don’t have to do it.. I can...”

Taehyung almost stepped back to his room when Yoongi intercepted him by grabbing his shoulder. “If you want to have breakfast together... that’s not the way to our dining room. Come on!”

Yoongi dragged Taehyung to the dining table. He made the younger sat in one end while Jimin and Jungkook sat at the other end. The young alphas really knew how to behave around the omega in heat. Taehyung knew his scent must be suffocating the unmated alphas, but those boys seemed to control their hormones well. They did not look at him with eyes full of desire. Instead, they gave Taehyung some space, although actually, Taehyung was the one who infiltrated their home.

Jimin and Jungkook were very different to the alphas that had tried to assault him years ago. Maybe it was true, that it was because there were the older boys who were keeping their eyes on them. But, Taehyung chose to believe that it was the true quality of these young alphas. Indeed, Taehyung had been looking at them since the boys were very popular in the campus. They were wonderful persons. And he was happy that he did not judge them wrong.

Taehyung confessed again to the rest of the house member because Seokjin was the one who started to reveal that he was V. The boys had known it, of course. But Namjoon and Jimin were truly thrilled to hear it from Taehyung himself.

“Keep you iPad away from them,” Hoseok and Jungkook spoke almost simultaneously that all the omegas laughed at the silly scene; Namjoon and Jimin pouted like a child.

“See what I meant, Tae?” Seokjin kept laughing as the composed Student Body President Namjoon was embarrassed that he had been acting childishly.

Taehyung was smiling shyly too. His smile was so sweet that it made certain alphas felt some butterflies in their stomach.

“We need to go now,” Jimin rosed abruptly, followed by Jungkook. It was true that they have morning classes, and they moved in rush, because they were afraid that they could not control their pheromones any further. Taehyung should go too actually, but as he usually did when he was in heat, he chose to stay at home.

He assured the older boys that he would be fine in the home alone. Dr. Song had promised that he would come for another round of injection later in the afternoon, so they should not worry about him and kept doing their daily business. Yoongi did not have many classes to attend since he was in the last semester of his study. He could go home soon.

Taehyung had tried to tell them that they did not have to worry that much. But they could not help it. What could you do when you were already fond of someone anyway? Taehyung should just accept it that this new pack of him was loving him that much.

 

*******

 

“Taetae.. what are you doing?” Jimin entered Taehyung’s room half-skipping that Sunday morning.

Taehyung was drawing the sketches for his comic. Instinctively, he covered the papers with his hands because it did not feel right to him if anyone saw him brainstorming for his story. But after weeks living with Bangtan boys, Taehyung started to get use to it if somebody suddenly entered his room without even knocking.

Or rather, Taehyung always left his door ajar anyway. Just like Seokjin said, Taehyung liked it better not to live alone. He loved it when he heard that somebody in the house was doing some activities.

“Ji..jimin...” Taehyung stuttered as in a split second, Jimin was already standing behind him, and hugging him from the back.

“Ooww... you are drawing me and Kookie?” the shorter but heavier boy teased the artist.

“N..No... I... I’ve told you.. you... are just the models...”

“Oh yeah?” Jimin kept grinning. “But those characters are just like us. You even make some characters like our hyungs there too.”

“Well... I... I...”

Taehyung’s heartbeat was increasing sharply. Jimin could feel it too since he was literally pressing his body on Taehyung’s back, and his hands were clenching on the boy’s shoulders and chest. Jimin thought that Taehyung was simply surprised with his sudden attack, busting on him when he was drawing his comic. But actually, Jimin did not saw that Taehyung’s cheeks were blushing in hot pink too.

“Why don’t you add someone like you in the story too?” Jimin asked while he was still hugging Taehyung from behind. He did loosen his hug a little, only to put his chin on the omega’s shoulder.

Taehyung’s heartbeat kept rising. His cheeks were now in hot red.

He knew Jimin was a friendly person, and this alpha loved skinship so much. Not only Jungkook, the hyungs were also the victims of his passionate affection. Jimin could even befriend Sejin and Jigaemae quickly when those two came to visit Taehyung in his new home. Taehyung was flustered when he realized that he had become Jimin’s affection victim too. It was a lovely scene to see, and it actually made Sejin felt relieved when he saw that Taehyung had made new good friends.

“Someone... like me?” Taehyung tried his best to ask calmly.

“Yeah... a super cute and gorgeous omega who comes into their life... and make those alphas go soft...” Jimin lowered his voice, although it did not really succeed because his tone was naturally high.

Taehyung felt a shiver down his spine because he could feel Jimin’s breath on his cheek. “Cute... and.. gorgeous...? But... I’m nothing...”

“Oh don’t you know? You are cute,” Jimin released his dead lock and turned to stand beside the boy, leaning on the table. “Look here...” he took the glasses off from Taehyung, putting it away, revealing Taehyung’s natural face that was not covered with anything. “You are beautiful...”

The omega’s cheeks were going redder and redder. Jimin noticed it too. But the alpha simply thought that it was a natural reaction when someone was praising your beauty.

 Taehyung instinctively covered his own cheeks as he knew that his face was getting hotter. He could not look at Jimin in the eye.

“Aigoo... so cute...” Jimin ruffled Taehyung’s hair gently.

Jimin never noticed how his action was almost breaking Taehyung apart that day. Taehyung had always been admiring him. In fact, Taehyung had told the pack countless time that he had been admiring every one of them since he enrolled to the college. With Jungkook became his classmate, he saw the youngest couple the most.

The pack, especially the hyung line, showed that they took what Taehyung meant by being their admirer simply as a form of fanboying, because they did have a lot of fans in the campus. While actually, the hyungs knew, that Taehyung’s admiration might mean something else.

The omega was whipped for Jimin.

Taehyung did not know how it happened, but every time he saw the sweet alpha, he felt his cheeks were getting warmer. He did not feel that bad when he was with Jungkook although he admitted that Jungkook was a hot and handsome alpha. He got shy with Jungkook only when the younger looked at him straight in the eyes. While Jimin, Taehyung was feeling shy every time he was around.

But Taehyung knew how close Jimin and Jungkook were. He knew that they loved each other genuinely. He saw the way Jungkook looked at Jimin. It was as if Jimin was the only person matter for Jungkook. And Jimin himself was so sweet. He cared about Jungkook with all his heart that the ice-prince alpha would warm up whenever his lover was nearby.

Taehyung knew his place not to be in between those two alphas. As much as he admired them, he was happier to see them together. He did not want anything to break those two apart.

But, perhaps, Taehyung should have known, that there was something called biological instincts in every alpha and omega. And he could not take it lightly.

Few months later, Jimin was getting his rut. Alpha’s rut were not as bad and needy as omega’s heat. When omegas were in heat, they were in dire need to be mated. While alphas, even when they were in dire need to mate someone too, they could relieve themselves a little by engaging in heavy physical activities, or simply banging another alpha. Of course they would not be fully satisfied because the knot could only happen between alpha and omega, when either one or both of them were in rut and/or heat; but at least, by releasing themselves, alphas could reduce their pain a little bit, compared to the omegas who could not be saved with the presence of another omega.

Jimin had been hitting the gym frequently since he knew that his rut was incoming. Jungkook was helping him too whenever he felt that his lover’s temperature was rising too high. Jimin still go to college because doing something actually felt better to him than staying home and doing nothing. He never had to worry about himself although he had some omega friends, because he truly had an excellent self-control.

But he never imagined, that his rut would spark certain omega to fall into heat again.

It was only two months ago when Taehyung got his heat, but now the wave was hitting him again already.

Jimin’s confidence was wavering when the extra sweet scent of Taehyung was hitting his olfactory system. It was only his third day in rut. Usually, he would have two days left. But Taehyung’s scent was unbearably tempting to him.

Taehyung had learnt from Dr. Song how to shot himself with the injection because he thought that he could not keep depending on doctors whenever he was in heat. He successfully did it on his own when he felt the wave hit him. But as the day turned into night, he felt that Jimin’s pheromone was getting thicker. He noticed that Jimin must have been reacting to his heat. The rut made Jimin to be vulnerable.

“Hyung... I should have gone to the clinic...” Taehyung said to Seokjin that night when the older omega was taking care of him in his room.

“But it’s almost midnight, Tae... You have injected yourself, you are not that hot,” Seokjin pressed his hand on Taehyung’s temple gently.

“But... Jimin... I think.. he is suffering.. because of me...” Taehyung whimpered a little. In fact, Jimin’s pheromone was tempting him so hard too.

“Don’t worry, Jungkook is taking a good care of him...”

“But...”

“Yoongi will take you to the clinic next morning,” Seokjin continued before Taehyung interrupted him. “Bear with it for now. Can you do it? We will take you there in the first light...”

Taehyung nodded weakly. He did not want to make the older boys drive in the middle of the night too.

The next day, they were getting ready to take Taehyung out to the clinic, when suddenly, Jimin hardly made a step out of his room.

“Hyung... hyung...” he yelled.

Namjoon, who was about to climb down the stairs, turned to approach him.

“Jimin-a...” he felt the younger was so hot when they touched. “You okay?”

“I’m good...” Jimin answered weakly. “But Kook... He... he is in rut too...”

“What?!!” Namjoon could not hide his surprise.

Hoseok, who was in his room and about to get out, came approaching them when he heard Namjoon shouted in shock.

“What happened?” Hoseok asked abruptly.

“Jungkook is in rut too,” Namjoon answered shortly.

“YE?!” Hoseok could not help but to be surprised too.

He entered the magnae’s room, passing both Namjoon and Jimin to check on the youngest. Jimin was clenching Namjoon tightly and snuggled his face into the older’s chest. And Hoseok found Jungkook crumpling on the bed, whimpering, and clenching tightly on the bed sheet.

“Jungkook-a!”

Hoseok was utterly worried because Jungkook’s temperature felt so high all of sudden.

“Tt...Tae...hyung... scent...” the youngest alpha was shivering. “So sweet... he is... so... sweet...”

Hoseok hugged the boy to reduce his trembling and calm him down. He too could feel it that Taehyung’s scent had become ten times sweeter than yesterday.

Few seconds later, Yoongi was climbing up the stairs because he could feel the thickening scent from the youngest alphas. He was also utterly surprised to hear what happened, and later when he informed Seokjin, the oldest showed the same expression too.

Taehyung was obviously surprised. He also had a hard time breathing because both Jimin’s and Jungkook’s pheromones had been attacking his defense mechanism.

“First, Jimin’s rut sparked Taehyung’s heat, and now, Jungkook was in rut too... because of Tae...?” Namjoon could not register what was happening in his mind.

“Even our heats and ruts are not synchronized yet,” Hoseok rubbed his chin. “While we have been in relationship for years.”

“And we are actually imprinted,” Seokjin added.

Yoongi sniffed into the air again. Taehyung was shutting himself in his room on the lower floor, while Jimin and Jungkook were locking themselves too in their room. As the two alphas were both in rut, they could not really help each other. No one wanted to be bottomed.

“Their pheromones were reacting to each other, don’t you think so?” Yoongi asked, almost in whisper, because he was still could not believe it.

“Taehyungie is truly fond of them, and so are those two,” Seokjin admitted. “It doesn’t happen without reason.”

The other three were looking at their oldest.

“You mean to say...?” Hoseok squinted his eyes.

“Hyung... Are you sure?” Namjoon squinted his eyes too. “They will be bonded for life.”

Seokjin looked back at them. “Do you think there is other choice?” He paused for a while to make them ponder. “We can take Tae to clinic right away just as we planned, but do you think it will be good for them? To be separated right after their pheromones have been answering for one another?”

The other three were unconsciously shaking their head slowly because they knew how berserk alphas and omegas would act if they were denied to mating when their bodies were ready –asking– for it.

“Just like what you said,” Seokjin continued. “We are imprinted for a couple of years now, but our heats and ruts are not in sync yet. But look at them... Even with Tae’s irregularity, two months is too fast for omega.”

“And Jungkook actually had a regular cycle for his rut...” Yoongi took a deep breath. “It’s not due until another month...” He stood up and heaved a long sigh. “At least, we’ll try asking them first.”

He looked at his lover, and after Seokjin gave him a nod, Yoongi took the stairs to ask the alpha boys, while the older went to Taehyung’s room.

 

*** to be continued ***

 

When should I post the last chapter? xD