Chapter 2

A Pack of Seven

*** Chapter 2 ***

 

Seokjin was in deep pain. It had been two days since he was in heat, and he was on high fever. He had drunk the suppressant since he felt the earlier wave incoming. But somehow, the pills did not help him much. His temperature kept rising, and without his bonded alpha Namjoon by his side to mate and knot him, his body was failing.

Ever since he met Namjoon, the alpha always knotted him whenever he went into heat. Perhaps that was why his body could not accept the fact that the alpha was not available at the moment.

Thankful enough, Seokjin was not the type who went berserk if he was in heat pain, unlike Yoongi. The younger omega tended to go violent if he was in pain. Although Yoongi locked himself in the room whenever the heat kicked him, he could not lay calmly on his bed. He would roll around here and there, even kicking and punching something, just to avert his pain. But of course, it was before he met Hoseok.

Unlike Yoongi, Seokjin could still maintain himself to behave. He preferred to lay on his bed, pulling both knees close to his chest, and wrapped himself tightly with a blanket, shifting himself into a kind of cocoon. He would be trembling and shivering, obviously, but at least, he did not cause troubles for other.

But that’s what he thought.

Yes, he was not making trouble physically, but some others were suffering mentally, because they could feel the pain that radiated through his heat wave.

Yoongi was obvious, because he loved the older omega with all his heart. Seeing the older in pain made his heart ached too, although he knew that he –as another omega- could not do anything about it. He could only pat and caressed the older gently, trying to avert his attention. But it did not make any significance for Seokjin, because another omega’s pheromone would give him no effect for the moment.

And another person in the house, who was also suffering because of the oldest member’s agony, was none other than Jungkook. He was Seokjin’s cousin. Although they had siblings of their own, weird enough, since their childhood, Seokjin and Jungkook were very close to each other. Although they often caught to be fighting too, nevertheless, kids were kids, they might keep fighting and bickering while they grew older, but they had been very fond of each other.

Not to mention that within the house, Jungkook was the most sensitive person. He always knew it if someone was feeling happy, or sad, or anything. Just like this one, he could feel how Seokjin was suffering in fighting his heat. The oldest was never this sick before. However, they could not bring him to the hospital, because he had some trauma about hospital and syringe since his childhood.

They did not know what to do. And to feel his beloved hyung’s unbearable suffering, Jungkook broke down into tears.

Jungkook was crumpling himself in a corner of his shared bedroom with Jimin on the second floor. As much as he wanted to be by Seokjin’s side to comfort the older, he could not do it. Having an alpha in a very close proximity with an omega in heat would not be helpful for the omega, unless the alpha was there to mate him. But of course, Jungkook could not mate Seokjin. He could not mate his own cousin, even when they’re cousins from their mothers’ side. It just did not feel right.

Jimin was a sensitive person too, but he could brace himself much better than Jungkook, especially since he knew that he had to keep his mind straight to keep an eye of the younger alpha. He was busy comforting Jungkook, but his brain was also busy to think about how they had to deal with the situation.

“Jimin-a...” Hoseok knocked on the doorstep. “Perhaps we need to go out for the moment? Hiding ourselves in the second floor like this is not really helping. Even from his room below, Jin-hyung could still smell us.”

“I would like to do it, hyung,” Jimin replied. “I was thinking to crash on my friend’s apartment, but...” he looked at silently sobbing Jungkook. “Kookie will not feel safe to stay away from Jin-hyung. He will be deadly worried.”

Hoseok sighed. “Either way, it’s not good to both Jin-hyung and Kookie. Jin-hyung could feel that Kookie is worried sick about him.”

The alphas could smell that an omega was coming to them, because biologically, their senses were heightened because they had an omega in heat around them, and within seconds, Yoongi showed up at the magnaes’ bedroom door too.

“I’m thinking of calling Namjoon,” Yoongi said. “I’m not sure about his situation. But I need to hear his opinion.”

“Sure, hyung. You should call him,” Hoseok agreed.

A phone was already in Yoongi’s hand, and he needed to push only a button because he was ready to call his cousin. Yes, Namjoon and Yoongi were cousins.

It did not take too long for Namjoon to pick up his phone. Yoongi quickly told him their situation after he was sure that Namjoon had the time to talk. In fact, Namjoon was not really surprised to hear that Seokjin was suffering, because somehow, he could feel it a little bit. No matter what, he was already bonded with the oldest omega. Even when they were separated across the sea, he could feel something.

“Hyung...” Namjoon was hesitant for a moment, but it was the only solution he could find after thinking seriously for a while. “Can you let Hobi do it?”

“Hobi?” Yoongi gaped, “To knot him? You sure?”

“Yeah... but if you don’t mind. You know... Hobi is your bonded alpha...” Namjoon replied.

“And Jinnie-hyung is your bonded omega,” Yoongi returned it. “You sure you can let it happen?”

“I don’t have other choice, hyung. Flying back to Korea now will still make us waste some hours. I’m in a village. It will take me hours to go to nearest city to catch a plane. Not to mention the transits, waiting, and everything. No one can guarantee that I can make it into our home by tonight. Yet while we are waiting, we’ll never know what might happen to Jin-hyung.”

Namjoon explained his reasons so fast as if it was an express train.

“I’m positive, that right now, Kookie is already crying, Jimin is busy calming him down, and Hobi and you are thinking if you will just bring Jin-hyung to hospital by force,” Namjoon continued, guessing everything right in the point. “Jin-hyung simply needs an alpha to make him feel better, hyung. And if I need another alpha to handle this emergency, I believe no one but my own Hobi. But, hyung, it’s only if you agree...”

“I can’t agree more with you, Joonie,” Yoongi admitted. “I can’t believe anyone but Hobi too. If you are okay with that, then so be it...”

As long as Yoongi and Namjoon were having their conversation, Hoseok had come closer because he heard that his name was being mentioned. He vaguely heard what Namjoon said because Yoongi’s phone was loud enough.

“I’m sorry, Hobi, but can you do it for us?” Yoongi asked the younger while Namjoon was still on the phone too.

“Me?? Are you guys sure about it??” Hoseok seemed unable to register the idea in his head.

“You heard him,” Yoongi replied. “You are our only option.”

“But hyung...”

“Don’t worry, Hope...” Yoongi raised his hand to pat Hoseok’s cheek. “The four of us are already drowning in this devil circle. What could be worse, huh?”

“Hyung...” Hoseok caught Yoongi’s hand on his face and pressed it gently.

“Do it for us... please...” Yoongi almost pleaded.

Hoseok softly kissed the omega’s palm. “Okay... I know...”

The oldest alpha in the house took a deep breath, and then he walked away, to climb down the stairs. He did not forget to grab some birth control pills from the kitchen, before he headed to the master bedroom.

Yoongi could hear that Namjoon was still on the other end of the phone.

“Thanks, hyung,” the alpha said. “Send my regards to Hobi too. I’ll try to come home as soon as possible.”

“Yeah... Be careful, Namjoon-a. Don’t worry too much. We’ll take a good care of Jin-hyung...”

“Sure...”

And the phone line was disconnected.

Hoseok took the rest of the day to mate Seokjin in his room. The later was obviously surprised to see the younger came for him. Hoseok explained the discussion to him briefly. Knowing that both Yoongi and Namjoon agreed to it, Seokjin finally chose to surrender to Hoseok’s alpha pheromone, which had been radiating an answer to his own omega pheromone. But partially, it was also due to his fear if Yoongi would bring him to hospital, by force.

When the night came, the other residents of the house could smell that Seokjin’s agony was decreasing. The omega seemed to be calmed down now, and Yoongi could breathe in relief. After he made sure that Jungkook had stop cyring, and Jimin had wrapped the youngest up prettily on the bed, Yoongi decided to have a rest too. Seokjin and Hoseok might have fallen asleep, therefore, Yoongi crashed on Namjoon and Hoseok’s shared bedroom.

All residents were dead to the world after Yoongi send a text to Namjoon, saying that Seokjin would be okay for the night.

The following day was Sunday, as an unofficial custom, no one in the house would wake early for the day. Even the morning persons like Seokjin and Hoseok preferred to stay dead to the world on weekly basis, not to mention that this time, they were engulfed in heavy physical and hormonal activity.

However, some time around the morning, Hoseok was woken up because he heard something crashed on their front door. He opened his eyes on high alert because he knew that everyone was asleep, but then his nose caught the scent, and he sighed in relief. Namjoon had come home.

True to his thought, in matter of seconds, the door to master bedroom was opened, and there he was, someone he had been missing for weeks.

“Hobi...” Namjoon came approaching his lover, whispering, as he saw that Seokjin was still dead asleep.

“Joon-a.. you’re home...”

“Yeah...” the taller alpha landed a soft peck on Hoseok’s crown, a way of kissing Hoseok liked the best, more than in the lips. “How are you guys doing?” Namjoon continued asking.

“Seokjin-hyung is fine now... don’t worry...” Hoseok answered, feeling that he was still half asleep.

“Thanks a lot, Hope... I mean it...” Namjoon took his hand and squeezed it gently while kissing the knuckles.

“Don’t mention it, babe... I do it for us...” the sleepy alpha yawned a little. “But now since you’re home, I guess we should go back to our places, right?” he rose and got up from the bed. “How is your research? Is it okay for you to leave?”

“Luckily, my team is very understanding,” Namjoon answered. “Our research is ending soon, and I just need to go back to the village for the last days before we bid farewell to the locals. I can stay here during Jin-hyung’s heat.”

“That’s great,” he hugged Namjoon delicately and kissed his cheek. “Now if you don’t mind, I’ll go upstairs.

“Yoongi-hyung is in our room?” the taller asked.

“Yeah... And I guess I need him now...” Hoseok did a little stretching to flex his sore muscles.

“Of course... See you later...”

“See you later...” and then Hoseok was gone from master bedroom.

When he went up to his own room, Yoongi appeared to have opened his eyes although he was still laying motionlessly on the bed.

“Namjoon is home?” Yoongi asked as he could smell his cousin’s scent in the house.

“Yeah...” the younger answered as he slid below the blanket.

Yoongi nodded knowingly. Hoseok said nothing more as his arm were smoothly grabbing Yoongi’s body.

“Hyung... may I?” Hoseok asked softly, but his body already radiated certain pheromone that tickled the omega’s olfactory system. “Jin-hyung is nice. But I shouldn’t be too attached to him, right?”

Yoongi smirked as he gently caressed Hoseok’s cheek. “Whatever you need, alpha...”

And the air grew thicker in that room, just the same with the master bedroom below.

Jungkook was awakened after he sensed the thickening war of hormones in the house. But then he breathed in relief after recognizing what those scents meant. His beloved cousin’s agonizing pain was gone, and the omega in heat was now smelled so sweet and enticing, as he was being mated by his true alpha.

Although he wanted to check on Seokjin just to make sure, he did not do it because he was sure that Namjoon had kept him busy. His cousin was all good now, so Jungkook could wait. He would give them the time.

Jimin suggested if they wanted to go out that day, because it seemed that the hyungs would spend the day on their own, but Jungkook was too lazy to do so because the day was so hot. Moreover, when the mother of the pack –Seokjin– was down, Jungkook doubted that anyone would remember to have something to eat, which later in the afternoon, Jungkook proved himself to be right.

It was way pass the lunchtime, and none of the hyungs were coming out of the room. They even skipped breakfast, while actually, they should have kept up their energy for the thing they were doing.

But Jungkook did not bother to knock on their door. He knew another way that was much more effective than trying to call the hyungs out of their room. He went to the kitchen to cook a super big bowl of ramyun.

As he expected, not too long after the noodles were cooked and the tasty smell of the noodle had filled the house, he heard some doors were being opened, and slammed close again.

In matter of seconds, their dining room was packed with six hungry wolves who are gulping down the noodles as if they had been starving for days.

“Thanks, Kookie...” Seokjin reached out for his baby, caressing the younger’s head while rubbing their nose together. It was the thing Seokjin usually did to the younger to show that he was okay, because he knew how sensitive the younger was.

“You okay, hyung?” Jungkook asked.

“Yeah,” Seokjin smiled softly. “Sorry for making you worry.”

The others smiled and giggled as they saw the adorable view. They knew it for sure that the rich cousins often bickered like kids on daily basis, but no one would doubt how they truly cared for each other.

Seokjin’s older brother had gone to study abroad after he finished high-school, and Jungkook’s older brother went to military school. The two were literally left together, and Jungkook, as an alpha, had grown protective over his older omega cousin.

Yoongi had experienced Jungkook’s protective spirit first hand, when he made the first move to get closer to Seokjin. From afar, Jungkook thought that Yoongi was an alpha because of his dark aura. His savage behavior seemed to be harming Seokjin, in Jungkook’s point of view. And the young muscle pig was very not-ready to have someone claimed his beloved cousin.

Only after he came closer, he noticed that Yoongi was an omega just like Seokjin, because Yoongi smelled sweet instead of musky. Still, it did not mean that he could not be threatening.

Seokjin ensured his cousin that Yoongi was his friend, and the shorter guy was a good person although he tended to be brutally honest. The two met when they joined the committee for a cultural event in their college.

Later, when Seokjin and Yoongi began dating, Jungkook still did not go easy on Yoongi until he knew it for sure that the younger omega truly cared for his precious Jin-hyung. When the slim and slender omega came forward to defend Seokjin from some naughty alphas who loved to tease the older for his beauty, Jungkook acknowledged him. The young alpha even thought that it was not his fault to think of Yoongi as an alpha, because Yoongi did have the quality of an alpha on daily basis; dominant and intimidating. It was funny to think that Yoongi was born an omega with that sweet lemon citrus pheromone of him.

Yet, karma seemed to hit Jungkook, because not too long after that, he met Jimin on a dance competition. He thought that the slim and y boy was an omega because of his cuteness and gentle persona. But when he came closer to him, he was surprised that Jimin smelled so musky, like a fresh breeze of a forest. When Jungkook brought Jimin home to introduce him to Seokjin, the older admitted it, that Jimin and Yoongi should switch place. They were very contrary to their gender.

But, who cared anyway.

Seokjin thought that Jungkook’s protectiveness would drift to Jimin as they began dating too. But no. It was not that easy.

Jungkook growled once again when someday, instead of bringing Yoongi home for dinner, Seokjin brought along two alphas, whom he explained that they were imprinted on each other.

Seokjin had known that Yoongi had an alpha cousin, Namjoon, who was dating another alpha. Seokjin never met him because Namjoon lived on the other side of the city, and although they went to the same college, their buildings were separated far away. Not to mention that it was only Namjoon’s first year in the college.

Yoongi was not the type of person who socialized much, but he daringly suggested for a double date because Namjoon wanted to introduce his boyfriend to him.

No one ever imagined that the moment they met on the café, the four of them immediately felt as if they were locked down to the earth. Namjoon was fascinated to see Seokjin, and Hoseok opened his mouth widely when he saw Yoongi.

Imprints had become rarer in this modern age. It only happened to unmated alphas and omegas, while youngsters these days, very few of them were patient enough to find their destined mate before having their first knot with opposite gender they liked. Yoongi-Seokjin and Namjoon-Hoseok were having each other all this time, and they managed to brace themselves not to surrender into their needs when they were in rut and heat.

But still, the cousins Namjoon and Yoongi never imagined that they would be imprinted to each other’s boyfriend.

After realizing that they had been staring at the other couple ridiculously, the omegas looked at each other, and so did the alphas.

“Did you...?” Namjoon asked Hoseok.

“And you...?” Hoseok asked him back.

Yoongi asked Seokjin, “You feel it...?”

And the oldest replied, “You too...?”

The boys looked at their imprinted partners again, and slowly, they began to laugh like idiots.

They knew it at that moment; they were going to fall into a devil circle.

Eventually, the four of them decided to live together. They went to the same college anyway. Not wanting to be left alone, Jungkook asked Jimin to move in too. Therefore, Seokjin’s father was more than happy to give his youngest son and his nephew that spacious two-storey apartment. Actually, Seokjin had been living humbly with Jungkook in their minimalist apartment, because they did not want to be spoiled by their family. But to find an apartment to fit six growing boys? Mr. Kim did not accept any ‘No’.

Hence, there were six of them now. Life had become more fun. Yet, the hyungs were expecting, what would they be when someday Jimin and Jungkook met their omega? They could not wait for the day to come, when their family would grow bigger.

 

*** to be continued ***

 

Dear readers, please participate in the poll~!
Thank you for the comments, subscriptions, and upvotes!
I love them so much :)