Chapter 1

A Pack of Seven

Quick Notice: Please re-read the DESCRIPTION and FOREWORD again because I made a slight changes and added more explanation.
Sorry for the long wait for the 1st Chapter! Now, please enjoy!

 

*** Chapter 1 ***

 

Kim Seokjin was cooking in the kitchen. As usual, the omega was preparing breakfast for everyone who lived with him in his humble two-storey apartment, a gift from his crazy rich parents, as a compromise for his living independently on his own with his pack. That spacious apartment was located somewhere in the middle between his campus and his parents’ home. The Kims had it enough with one son living abroad, therefore they wanted the younger one to stay as close as possible.

But why did Seokjin need such a big apartment? Because he was living with five other boys; four alphas and an omega. And why did they live together? Well, it was an interesting story.

Seokjin was done with his last piece of egg-dipped fried toasts when he heard steps climbing down the stairs.

“Morning, hyung!” Seokjin heard the sunshine of the group greeted him.

“Morning, Hobi,” Seokjin replied, but when he turned his body around, Yoongi was the one who had already stood behind him.

“Morning, babe…” the shorter greeted.

The older omega was greeting back, but his lips were quickly sealed with the younger omega who kissed him sweetly.

“Feeling better, Yoongi-a?” Seokjin asked after the younger released him from the kiss.

“Yeah… My heat is ending,” Yoongi turned to Hoseok who were already after the plate of toasts on the kitchen island. “I don’t need you anymore, Hob-a… but thanks…”

Hoseok squinted his eyes in disbelief. “Yoongi-hyung… How rude!!”

And Yoongi just smirked.

“I wonder if we are really imprinted if all you want from me is just my knot,” Hoseok chomped his first bite of the toast.

“Well… I crave for you when I am in heat, and you crave for me when you are in rut. So, I guess we are imprinted?” Yoongi raised his eyebrows and he reached to grab his first toast too. “But other than that, this guy here is on the top of the list of my priority, so… thanks, Hope…”

Seokjin raised his eyebrow too although he was not surprised anymore on how savage Yoongi expressed his feeling. They had been dating for years anyway. Yes, they both were omegas, but their hearts were falling for each other, although their body said something else about true mating.

Yoongi’s toast was gone in a blink of an eye because this guy never spent too much time eating, and then he walked to one of the cabinets to look for some birth control pills.

“Do you still need that? You said you’re done,” Seokjin asked.

“Yeah… but just in case… Hoseok is such a beast, you know,” Yoongi retorted.

“At least you admit me for that… thanks, hyung…” Hoseok grinned.

“Yeah…” Seokjin admitted too, but then he continued, “A beast who is all tamed and submitted to gentle Joonie…”

Hoseok shot another dagger look while his mouth was still full with the toast. He quickly gulped it down and reposted. “Okay, that’s No Jem, you two…” his hand were seeking for another piece of bread. “And Yoongi-hyung… sooner or later, you are going to bear my pups, okay? You know I love children.”

“Yeah, but not now, Hobi,” Yoongi sat back with a glass of water on his hand. “I’m not ready to explain to my boy about how he gets a complicated sets of parents, okay? And for heaven’s sake, we’re just in early twenties!”

“And before you guys are talking about kids…” a new voice came joining the conversation. “Maybe you should think about who is going to marry who…” Jungkook showed up in the kitchen too, with Jimin climbing down the stairs behind him.

Yoongi was the one who replied to him, “Well… we are living in modern age where marriage documents are just… documents… don’t you think so?”

“Yeah, it’s true, boys…” Hoseok supported his omega. “We don’t think about it much because the four of us will continue living together anyway. You should think about yourself more. We have our mates. Go find yourselves some omegas. I know you both love kids too.”

“Geezz, hyung…” Jimin supported his lover. “We are barely twenty. We’re still too young and you are talking about kids already?” he said as he sat around the island, next to Jungkook.

“Too young but you two reek of ! Even more than Yoongi and Hobi. Have you guys showered?” Seokjin was the one to snap because he disliked it if the guys came to his beloved kitchen un-cleaned.

“Easy, hyung… We showered already…” Jungkook answered.

“Yeah, hyung,” Jimin was always there with his lover, especially when they were teasing the oldest. “Don’t snap at us because you are currently a single-fighter…”

“Ya!” Seokjin put his both hands on his hips. “I haven’t had in weeks because Yoongi is fighting his heat and Namjoon is in Japan, and this is what I get?”

“Whoa… calm down, hyung…” Hoseok is fanning the oldest with his hand. “Wait for a day, and Yoongi-hyung will be all yours again.”

Yoongi was looking at his lover from head to toe when the older omega suddenly lashed out like that. “Hyung… I think your heat is coming…”

“What?” the older still sounded upset.

“You are getting sensitive…” Yoongi said again.

“Oh…” suddenly the oldest boy looked a bit dump. “Am I?” the upset tone was completely gone. Seokjin’s mood was swinging here and there. The other boys noticed it too.

“Yeah…” Yoongi turned a bit gloomy. “But Namjoon still have to be in Japan for another month for his research…”

“Don’t worry, Yoongi-a…” Seokjin was swishing his arm leisurely. “We have enough supply for suppressants. I’ll be okay.” He turned to grab a jar of orange juice and back to the kitchen island. “Now let’s continue our breakfast, shall we?”

 

*******

 

Jungkook was still on his class. He was a first year student on Visual Art major. Drawing and painting was the thing he enjoyed the most other than dancing. That’s why he chose this major rather than blindly following Jimin into Dancing major although they attended the same college. Or rather, all members of Seokjin’s household actually enrolled to the same college, although Seokjin had graduated and started working on his family’s branch company, in disguise from his co-workers, but his parents knew it and had nothing to do with it. The rich boy wanted to collect some money on his own before starting his own business; he was dreaming of having a restaurant.

Jungkook was so engrossed on his drawing. He did not really care if the class was over because he knew that Jimin was the one who would come fetching him. His class was closer to the exit they needed.

Yet, soon enough, he had finished a part of his drawing and he decided to stop. He could continue it later at home, and he started to pack his things.

He was about to leave the class when he realized that he was not left alone. One boy was still on his desk too. But the boy’s position was a bit strange.

“Isn’t that… Kim Taehyung?” Jungkook talked to himself. “Is he asleep?”

Jungkook was not the type of the boy who socialized much, because he was a bit shy with strangers although his appearance never showed it. He was an alpha with muscular body and handsome look that would make all omegas went crazy for him. But in his self defense mechanism, he made his image in college to be cold and unapproachable, because he did not want to deal with unnecessary attentions. And as he had exposed in public that he was also gifted with good strength and skill in martial arts, no one dared to seek trouble with him, especially if he had showed his annoyed look.

This Kim Taehyung boy was someone with a contrary image from him. Taehyung was quiet and timid, and skinny. Some students even labeled him as a nerd because of the way he styled himself with neat clothing and old-fashioned round glasses. He always carried a school-look bag, and his iPad was clutched tightly between his arms and chest when he walked.

They were so different. So why did Jungkook know Taehyung’s name? Well yes, they were classmates. But Jungkook did not even remember the names of all his classmates although they were in their second semester already.

Yet, Jungkook knew of Taehyung, and somehow kept this boy on his mind, because the boy kindly lent him his drawing pens on a final exam on their first semester. Jungkook forgot to bring his drawing sets although he had prepared it the night before, and he utterly cursed for it when he realized that those pens were not on his bag, while the exam would begin in any minute.

Taehyung saw this and the nerd boy surprisingly lent him his drawing set. Jungkook could not believe it at first because drawing pens were important to artists. It was their swords in battle. Yet, before Jungkook could even refuse, the boy showed that he had another set of drawing pens he could use. Jungkook saw that the other set was not a regular set that they should use on this particular exam. But since the boy insisted, and Jungkook did not want to fail this subject because of his foolish mistake, Jungkook took the offer. That’s how he was forever grateful to Kim Taehyung.

Jungkook knew that Taehyung was the kind of boy who never spent too much time hanging around in the college. Other than classes, Taehyung seemed to disappear from the world. So when now Jungkook was aware that the class had ended some time ago, but this Kim Taehyung was still on his desk, he knew something was odd.

Jungkook decided to check on the boy who sat few desks behind. When he approached him, he noticed that this Kim Taehyung was not sleeping. The boy collapsed on the desk because he was in pain.

“Hey…” Jungkook called. He shook the boy’s body, and then the boy rolled his head. There, Jungkook could see that his classmate was distorting his face, bearing the pain.

“Kim Taehyung-ssi, are you in heat?” Jungkook asked instinctively as it was the first thing came to his mind if he saw an omega in pain. But no, he could not smell anything other than the usual sweet scent the omega radiated. If the omega was in heat, he, as an alpha, would surely notice it.

“Kim Taehyung-ssi…” Jungkook called again as the boy did not reply, but then he saw that Taehyung was squeezing his stomach.

“Jungkook-a…” apparently, Jimin had arrived to pick his boyfriend.

“Hyung…” Jungkook noticed that Jimin had entered his class. “Wait a moment. I think he is sick.”

“Really?” Jimin showed concern too. “Is he in heat?”

“No, but I think he has a stomachache,” the younger answered.

Jungkook continued to pay attention to Taehyung as Jimin came closer. “Taehyung-ssi… Can you hear me?”

“I think he is in deep pain, Kook,” Jimin checked on the boy too. “He is barely awake to sense anything. Let’s take him to hospital.”

“Yeah,” Jungkook agreed.

Both Jimin and Jungkook were ready to lift Taehyung up when the boy was vaguely pointing at his bag. “W… wal… wallet…” he said with many difficulties.

“What? Wallet?” Jungkook was confused.

“I think he wants us to check on his wallet,” Jimin interpreted.

Jungkook nodded then he searched for the wallet in the boy’s bag, while Jimin tried to look if it was in the boy’s pockets. Jungkook found it first. He opened it quickly and he could understand right away what Taehyung meant by checking for his wallet. In the plastic area, instead of any photograph or ID card, there was a membership card of a hospital.

“This hospital,” Jungkook said. “He wants us to take him to this hospital.”

“And there is where we will go,” Jimin agreed as he proceed to lift Taehyung up while Jungkook grabbed Taehyung’s belonging and packed everything in his bag. Once they got out of the college, they grabbed a taxi.

The hospital they came to was not a big one. It looked more like a big clinic, but apparently, Taehyung was known in that clinic, because the moment they entered the emergency unit, a nurse there immediately recognized the boy that was carried by Jungkook.

The nurses did their job properly and quickly. In no time, Taehyung was already taken care and checked by a doctor. Jungkook and Jimin waited outside the room where they brought Taehyung in.

“You guys are his friends?” the doctor asked them once he came out from the room.

“I’m his classmate,” Jungkook answered. “Is he okay, doc?”

“Well, I can say that he is okay now because he did not eat it much, and you bring him here quick enough so that the food does not poisoned him further,” the man replied.

“Poisoned?” Jimin widened his eyes. “What did he eat?”

“Sandwich with spicy mayonnaise sauce,” the doctor answered. “It’s nothing unusual, actually, for you…” he deliberately added a space there before he continued. “But not for Kim Taehyung.”

Both Jungkook and Jimin just blinked their eyes and tilted their head because they did not understand what the doctor meant.

“Taehyung had a very weak stomach. He cannot eat anything as he wishes easily. Mayonnaise is enough to harm him, because of the vinegar, not to mention a spicy one,” the man explained.

“Then, why did he eat it?” Jungkook thought.

“Because he was hungry, and it was sold on your cafeteria. He had not had it in a while, so he thought ‘why not’, without realizing that he picked the spicy one,” the doctor answered it for them.

“You seem to know him well, doctor,” Jimin said. Just then, he read the nametag on the man’s suit: Song Hobeom.

“Well, yes. He is a kind of regular in this clinic,” Dr. Song answered. “I know his brother well, that’s why he brings him here every time he needs medical assistance.”

“He gets sick easily?” somehow, Jungkook looked worried.

“Yes and no,” the man answered quizzically. He seemed like a nice man as he explained everything calmly. “Omega has heat, right? And with that weak stomach, he cannot take any suppressant. He needs injections.”

And finally the two young alphas gaped and nodded in unison. “Ahh…”

“Now, if you will excuse me,” the doctor was ready to go somewhere else. “I will call his brother, but you guys can stay with him for the moment. Just… don’t scold him for anything. He is just a simple minded boy who tends to forget that…he cannot eat as he wishes.”

“Yes, doctor. We know it. Thank you,” Jimin noted it and Jungkook properly thanked the kind old man too.

After the doctor was gone, they went into Taehyung’s room. The boy appear to be sleeping when they entered, perhaps it was caused by any medication that was infused through his vein. His round-old-fashioned glasses were taken off and placed neatly on the stand, and when they stood by the bedside, Jungkook thought that he was looking at a completely different person.

Is this Kim Taehyung?? His face… without his glasses… he is so…

“Wow… he is so beautiful, Kook,” Jimin beat him to it. “I can’t see it clearly when we were on the taxi…” Jimin grabbed a hold of Jungkook’s shoulder while he looked at the sleeping boy closer. “But damn… you never tell me you have such a cute classmate…” the next words came in whispers because he was worried that he might disturb Taehyung.

“You tell me, Hyung…” Jungkook responded. “I never know that he is this gorgeous…”

“Those glasses make him looks funny, right?” Jimin pointed at the glasses on the stand.

“I think so…” Jungkook still could not take his eyes off of the sleeping beauty.

Suddenly, Taehyung opened his eyes and he looked blood-shot wide at Jimin and Jungkook that the two alphas nearly jumped out of their skin because they were surprised.

“Taehyung-ssi… you.. are not asleep…?” Jungkook asked carefully.

Taehyung kept looking at them for some more seconds. Unlike the beautiful and vulnerable look he had while he appeared like sleeping, Taehyung now looked scary and intimidating with those big eyes of him.

But apparently, Taehyung had apprehended that he knew those guys, therefore he softened his gaze, and he was back to look like a sick patient. “Oh… I was asleep… but then… I smell more than one alpha around me… and I instinctively wake up…”

“Oh, we’re sorry, Taehyung-ssi,” Jimin understood what Taehyung mean because indeed they were standing too close to the bed. “We do not mean to scare you.”

Jimin deliberately took one step backward, dragging Jungkook with him, but the omega stopped them.

“Nonono… I don’t mean to be rude. I know you guys are harmless because you have saved me. I just…”

“We know, Taehyung-ssi, we know,” Jungkook stopped him back and assured him that they understood the omega’s defensive behavior.

“Thank you… both of you…” Taehyung uttered sincerely.

“Don’t mention it, Taehyung-ssi,” Jungkook replied. “I haven’t thank you enough for your help for the last exam.”

And Taehyung smiled softly, which made both Jimin and Jungkook felt something squeezing their guts when they saw it.

That smile…

It’s so sweet…

“Don’t you guys need to head home? I guess it’s getting late…” Taehyung spoke softly with apparent concern.

“Oh, we have told our hyungs that we’ll be home late. Don’t worry,” Jimin answered.

“But really, you can go home. I am okay now…” Taehyung ensured.

“We’ll stay here until your brother comes,” Jungkook said, determined.

“Oh… Dr. Song had called him?” somehow, Taehyung’s expression turned solemn.

“I think so,” Jimin confirmed.

Taehyung sighed a little, and then he said in low voice, “I guess I need to rest for a bit now. I’m a bit sleepy.”

Jimin squinted his eyes when he saw the mood change on the omega, but he did not say anything.

“Of course, you can go to sleep,” Jungkook offered to pull the blanket more for the omega. “We’ll just sit here quietly if you need us.”

“Thanks…” Taehyung’s voice came out as whispers as he had closed his eyes.

Jungkook and Jimin then sat on the couch, silently watching Taehyung sleeping with his back against them. Jimin went out for a while to buy some canned coffee, but then he remained to wait with Jungkook in silence. Something was troubling their mind, and both of them noticed that they both felt it, although they did not understand what it was, yet.

In about half an hour later, the door was opened. An alpha with tall and enormous muscular build entered the room. The man seemed to have proper manner and self-composure since he did not enter the room in a rush like what Jimin had imagined he would do if he was informed that his beloved younger brother collapsed and taken to the hospital.

The man could see that Taehyung was sleeping, hence he turned his attention to the two alpha boys who was sitting on the couch.

“How is Taehyungie?” he asked.

“He seems okay now,” Jimin replied. “He responds well to the medication, so he is asleep, and his breathing is stable.”

“Thank goodness,” the man was genuinely relieved. “You are his friends in the college?”

“Yes, I am his classmate,” Jungkook answered.

“Thanks for bringing him here,” the man said as he shook both Jimin’s and Jungkook’s hand. Honestly, the man’s presence made both young alphas felt so small. This man was so tall and big.

He proceeded to ask them how they could bring him to that clinic, and Jungkook told him about the wallet, and he also explained how he saw Taehyung was still on his desk when the class was over. Their conversation was disrupted when once again Taehyung unknowingly woke up.

“Hyuung…” his voice sound weak and hoarse, typical when someone was sleepy.

“Taetae…” the man instantly averted his attention to the omega.

“You don’t have to come here every time... you are busy... I am okay...” the omega ranted, half awake, half asleep.

“But I’m worried about you, Tae...” the man gently caressed the boy’s head. “Even if you don’t like it, you can’t stop me worrying about you...”

“Hyuungg...” the omega whined to the man like a child, and it sounded so cute and adorable to certain alphas.

Jimin and Jungkook suddenly realized that they should not be there to witness the cute push and pull between the brothers.

“I guess we need to go now, Mr. Kim,” Jimin excused themselves.

“Oh...ah.. yes...” the man replied. He turned to thank the younger boys once again. “I’m sorry for the trouble.”

“No worries, sir,” Jungkook ensured. Then he looked at Taehyung. “Rest well, Taehyung-ssi...”

Jungkook waved his hand, followed by Jimin. Taehyung nodded while inaudibly saying ‘thank you’ again, and there the young alphas left the room. Taehyung exchanged a short glimpse with the young alphas right in their eyes before the door was closed.

 

*** to be continued ***