Chapter 4 - Eventually, We Will

To Meet, Perchance to Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'What.. Is he looking this way? But why? Oh I see, must be Kibum. There's no way he's looking at me...right?'

He was observing the other man near the door frame of the classroom who seemed to notice him too. Jongwoon was aware that they're now having a staring session which made him lost in his own thoughts. He was still in denial, refusing to believe that the pretty boy is really looking at him. This made him flinched.

"Do you know him coz' I surely don't and he's definitely looking our way." Kibum initiated the conversation, he was rather curious of the man who caused the loud whisperings inside their classroom.

Jongwoon thought for a moment before shaking his head as a reply. There's absolutely no way he will forget 'him' if he knew who's the handsome man standing there because he will be automatically added to his lists of good looking men if that's the case. And to think he was complaining of some stupid lists not too long ago yet he actually has his own. The irony of Jongwoon, he's a great wonder himself.

"That's weird." Knowing that the stranger has nothing to do with them, Kibum moved his attention to his bag, trying to get something from it. He took out a magazine still sealed from its own packaging.

"Yeah.." Jongwoon can only agree for he doesn't want to argue. He might spill out something he would regret later, something that would give away his true feelings. He still refused to acknowledge this new discovery. He might be experiencing what people normally call 'love-at-first-sight-thingy' or simply, 'love' but why is the subject of his affection somehow smirking? Even so, Jongwoon still find him very pleasing to the eyes, a perfect being. It never occur to him that he himself will experience something he thought only existed in myths and legends, a mere abstract that only few could understand. He should be used to seeing good looking people of all genders. He never felt any sensation before like throbbing of the heart, skipping a beat nor any sign of being in love but how come it's different when he laid his eyes on the stranger in question? He doesn't have an answer and he's not planning to have one but if given a chance, he would love to know it for sure.

Come to think of it, this is too cliché for a love story but too bad he's not a disney princess. He's just Jongwoon, a normal college student with a normal life. Okay maybe not so normal because he has Kim Heechul as a brother and they both have AB blood running through their veins so yeah, not so normal and with a little extra touch of 4D-ness.

He noticed when the stranger left, leaving his two friends behind. He was sad for a moment but he didn't know why. He was taken back to reality when Kibum tried to start a conversation again. He was thankful for that simple action, at least his potential first friend has initiatives.

"Have you seen this?" Kibum lifted the magazine in his hands, showing it clearly to the view. He wanted to at least try his luck with Jongwoon, making new friends is never an easy task. There's something on the other man that made him instigate a chitchat out of the blue.

Jongwoon's monolids were stretched and his lips parted a few millimeters from each other as he gasped on the sight of the said magazine. He knew it so well. It is a very famous magazine in the music industry dedicated for music lovers like him. He can't believe he forgot about it. Actually, he's a fan since his middle school days and from then on he passionately collected all the published editions. However, during these past few months, he didn't have the time to be updated. His thoughts full of worries about his future ate him up, making him forget his lovely collection. 

"N- not yet.." In the end, he stuttered, looking like a fool still overwhelmed by the mag. He looks fidgety and his eyes were filled with excitement, a burning desire to examine each page carefully. 

Kibum on the other hand tried to muffle his laugh seeing Jongwoon's reaction. He thinks Jongwoon is cute trying to hide his excitement which is totally obvious, like an innocent child waiting for his presents on Christmas day. Kibum was convinced that maybe he's a real fan unlike him who just happen to buy the magazine out of boredom. He understand him though, it really has great contents and definitely interesting.

"Wanna see it?" He was surprised to himself when he suddenly said these words in a very casual manner. Kibum felt that it's just the right thing to do at this very moment and he was sure that Jongwoon wouldn't mind and he might also have this kind of feeling the same way over him. Perhaps this is a good start of a budding friendship and it's very promising. 

"Of course!" Too late for being reserved, Jongwoon already blurted out these words with too much eagerness evident in his voice. He felt embarrassed for his very thrilled actions. But he needs to control his emotions and that's when he realize he needed to hold back. "I- I'm sorry. I mean..only after you're done with it of course." He instantly look away from the magazine while scratching his head with a nearing blush.

This time, Kibum didn't try to cover the sound of his laughther making Jongwoon a bit startled. He doesn't have an idea why Kibum is laughing but for some reason he also started laughing. They look like idiots, handsome idiots though.

"Why are we laughing again?" Jongwoon asked while still laughing. It's weird but he feels good now, he felt lighter from the gloomy thoughts he had the moment he parted with his bestfriends a while ago.

"Um sorry, haha. I forgot." He didn't want to offend Jongwoon by saying that the cause of his laughter is Jongwoon himself being adorable so Kibum just brushed it off. 

"You know, I think we can be good friends." Jongwoon thinks that it was a very good decision to let Kibum sit beside him. 

"I don't think so..." He felt like teasing Jongwoon so he purposely pause for a moment, not finishing his own sentence. He saw how Jongwoon flinched and like a kicked puppy, he slowly started to withdraw his smile. Kibum quickly continued his words for Jongwoon after all, he didn't want to be misunderstood by him. "...because I just know we would certainly be." Then, he flashed his heartfelt smile to Jongwoon, earning back the lost smile from the other man in the process. He was amazed how Jongwoon can swiftly change his reactions. Thank goodness his intention was understood clearly.

"Aish, for a moment I thought you're gonna say that you don't want us to be friends. You tricked me!" Jongwoon gave a sigh of relief after hearing those words then he pouted cutely.

"I'm just teasing my friend." Kibum smirked seeing his new friend being so fluff like that.

They once again look at each other and there it was, the sound of genuine laughter coming from the both of them. They gave a sincere smile to each other. Some things are meant to happen, it just needs to fall in the right place and at the right time.

"By the way Jongwoon, you can have this magazine first. I really don't mind." He almost forgot about the original topic of their conversation but he remembered when he had a glimpse of the said magazine still in his hand. He shove it to Jongwoon's slightly smaller hands.

"Really!? I mean okay I'll have my way if you say so~ Thank you Kibummie!" Still in delight, he thanked Kibum with all his heart. He's planning to return the favor as soon as possible. There's a lot of catching up to do with his favorite mag. He simply reminded himself to buy his own copy later. Jongwoon was very careful not to miss a thing, scrutinizing every bits of information he reads. Good thing there was still no news from their professor, he can still enjoy his time reading while waiting.

"No problem." Kibum smiled widely in return, he is now convinced that Jongwoon is just simply adorable even calling him a nickname the first time they met. Without anything to do, he took out a white colored psp and started playing who knows what game.

"OMG is that 'Muzit'?" 

A petite man with a cute expression of surprise suddenly went his way and approach Jongwoon and Kibum's seat for confirmation. He was referring to the magazine that is now bein

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter