Story #1

Second Write.. 10 Stories

thesis killed my one and only braincell for fiction i had to find drabble prompts on tumblr and forced myself to write them. also this was supposed to be posted yesterday on woohyun's birthday but i have no one to blame but myself.


Woohyun is still pouting when he comes back home. It’s a sight for sore eyes because of that plump bottom lip but if Sunggyu just leave him be like that any longer, his bed is the sofa tonight. Both of them sulk a lot. They have their own share of moments, but they are going to be back as if nothing has happened in a day or two. This time, though, is the fourth day, yet Woohyun’s wall still does not crumble. It unusually takes longer, hinting that woohyun is serious with his demand. One of them should be the first to put up the white flag and it seems like that person surely is not Woohyun.

Sunggyu sighs as he toes his shoes off and walks closer to the pouting boy sitting on the sofa with phone is his hold.

“Hey,” Sunggyu tests the water, sliding his body quite close to Woohyun but the later shifts further away. His greeting meets silence. “I told you I’m not ready, Woohyun,” he says slowly, hoping it will not worsen Woohyun’s anger.

The guy stops fiddling with his phone and looks him in the eyes hard. “When are you FINALLY ready, then? When we’re fifty-something?”

“No—“

“You don’t even want to try, Sunggyu.”

Sunggyu wants to scold him for the lack of hyung, but he gulps it down. Not the time for that, unless he expects a longer cold war. Instead, he takes one of Woohyun’s hand to his lap and squeezes it softly.

“What if I mess up? I’m not you. You love them. You care for them. You know how to do it right. Me? I can’t even hold—“

“Then learn how to do it with me. You think you’re the only one worrying for messing it up? Me too. I’m scared but I believe we can do it together. I trust ‘us’. Can you?”

Sunggyu sees the unshed tears in Woohyun’s eyes and it just scares him even more. weoohyun believes him when he does not believe in himself. ‘What if’s swirl around him, haunting his future and Woohyun’s. It’s not as easy as Woohyun says. Things can go wrong in a blink of an eye but Woohyun simplifies it all.

“I’m sorry.” He hears the words uttered from both of them. Sunggyu knows what his ‘I’m sorry’ means, but Woohyun’s is unexpected.

Woohyun pulls him by his neck and Sunggyu closes their distance to shove his face into the crook of Woohyun’s warm neck and arms to hips while short fingers tangle on his hair gently.

“I didn’t know you were so horrified. I’m sorry,” Woohyun says to his ear. “Forgive me for imposing you. I’ll wait until you’re ready. It’s ok. I’ll just go there to volunteer, to play with them. I won’t force you to let me bring any one of them home.”

Sunggyu hugs Woohyun tighter to how his sorry and he knows Woohyun understand. Woohyun always understands or tries to. He is selfish yet selfless. He puts up a fight only to give up willingly later. He gets angry today only to regret it tomorrow. He demands for something now only to follow what Sunggyu wants after that. And he’s doing it again. Again. Maybe until years later, until they’re fifty-something.

There’s a long silence with just them cuddling on the sofa. Negativity from the last four days migrates into the deepest corner of irrelevant parts in their hearts as comfort seeps into them. Comfort and something else for Sunggyu. Something that may bring hope and contentment for his significant other. So, with a deep inhale of woohyun’s scent and new resolution, he mumbles to woohyun’s shoulder, “Maybe I can…join you sometimes?” and he feels Woohyun’s gratitude through the fingers in his hair and heartbeats from his chest.