SEGUNDO

I can see you
- Today we have a new member in our sangsang club! Miss Kim, why don't you introduce yourself?

Dahyun instinctively stood up from the chair, making the other members sitting at the large table in the center of the culture for the audiovisual disabled room turn their heads towards her. Everyone smiled at the new member as a small gesture to encourage her, even though she could not see it.

- Hello, I'm Kim Dahyun.

A few welcomes were heard, followed by applauses. It made her shy as she was not used to be the center of attention, so instead of saying her rehearsed words about herself the korean woman just nodded to herself and sat on her chair once again.

- Judging by your voice, you seem like a really pretty young woman!

The members of the club laughed as a cheerful old lady spoke her mind.

- How old are you? About twenty..five?

Dahyun gasped. Bullseye.

- Y-yeah, that's correct!

Sitting right next to her, was her husband.

- Dahyun-ssi, how well can you see?

- I suffer from RP so I have decreased peripheral vision. But I can still walk straight.

This time it was the woman who she recently met, Sana who decided to ask her a question. They spoke very few words to each other but Dahyun could probably find her voice in a crowd already. The first impression was strong like that. She was sitting a little far but was listening to the blonde just as attentively as everybody else.

- How long has it been since you lost your vision?

- 3 years. I’m… Still new to this.  

Sana chuckled again, looking pleased she got it right. Dahyun was indeed a newbie. But before she could comment on it, the old lady unknowingly scored a goal for the blonde. Her words successfully making Sana red in the face.

- Sana-yah, she seems like a good girl. I have a feeling about this.

Everyone seemed to get the jab but Dahyun, who didn’t understand why everyone laughed along and muttered their blessings between themselves. If only she could see, Sana’s completely baffled expression would have made her smile.

And her almost inaudible maybe, too.