PRIMEIRO

I can see you

The automatic glass doors opened slowly, a young blond-haired girl in a large black coat and jeans entering cautiously into the building, eyes fixed in nowhere in particular. Discretely she tried to observe the place and recognize where she should go, her head tilting left and right trying to guess the right way. After a couple of minutes she heard someone's footsteps really close to her.

- Excuse me.

She heard the person stop her movements and for a few moments they stood in front of each other in silence until the blonde spoke again.

- How do I get to the auditorium annex?

- Ah, follow me!

From the person's voice she could notice she was talking to a woman, that made her a little more confortable to be around. It was now natural of her to be suspicious of people as more than once they took advantage of her condition.

When she heard the footsteps again, she followed. They walked slowly through the building for a while until they reached a staircase, which made the blonde stop and step harder on the floor each time to aknowledge where it was safe to go. She leaned on the handrail and carefully continued her path, stopping only when the figure in front of her turned abruptly almost causing them to hit each other.

- I'm sorry but, are you blind?

- Yes.

- Take my arm.

- No, it's alright. I can see a little.

The blonde then tried to go past the stranger but felt her arm being softly grabbed. Automatically she dodged the gesture and coughed. Moments passed without the two saying a single word, the awkwardness of the rejection clear in the air. Then the stranger let out a bubbly giggle.

- I can see you're a newbie... Well, hold onto the staircase then.

The woman then continued following the stairs, leaving the embarrassed and confused blonde girl to follow her trail.

 

 


 

 

After what seemed like forever but was only a few more minutes, their steps came to a halt in front of a plain wooden door.

- We're here, stranger. Now let's go in!

Ignoring the cheery tone and mistaking the woman's action the blonde sighed, slightly irritated. People always acted as if blind individuals couldn't do anything on their own and tried to do every little thing for them.

- I can take it from here, thank you.

She heard the amused chuckle once again and could almost picture a smirk in the other person's face. 

- I'm also a member of the photography club... And I'm blind too.

A few seconds later she felt a hand softly brushing against her left arm, fingers calmly tracing to the direction of her own. When they finally touched, it felt really warm and welcoming. 

- It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Sana.

A little taken aback by the gesture but in a good way, the blonde-haired girl's answer was timid and low.

- My name is Dahyun.