daragon 2

PRETENDS

Jiyong was wearing his comfortable pajama and white shirt when his bestfriend/ fake girlfriend entered their shared apartment.

“Welcome home baby.”  He uttered as she sat beside him, smiling as if it’s just another night from tiring work day.

Dara replied with a nod as she placed her bag at the table across them.

“You want some beer?” he asked.

“Will you get me one?”  she rested her back at the comfortable sofa and closed her eyes.

Without answering Jiyong stood up and walked towards their fridge and get her a beer. Dara looked at him, her heart hammering inside of her chest, “Am I really attracted with you Ji?” she unconsciously asked herself while remembering her drink session with Bom awhile ago.

 

“I kissed him today Bommie.”

“Whhhhhhaaaaattttt?” she exclaimed.

“and it made my heart beat faster. I think I’m attracted to him.” Sandara Park uttered as she looked towards the flabbergasted Park Bom.

The older of the two got silent for a couple of minutes as if contemplating inwardly. “Can I be honest Dee?”

Dara looked at Bom and nodded her head softly.

“I believe you’ve been attracted to him for a long time now, but unconsciously.” She stated and smiled when her friend answered her with a crease on her forehead. “We’ve been together since college and I know your arrangement with Jiyong because you’ve told me, it may started with just platonic friendship between the two of you but I guessed as time went by and Jiyong truly cared for you, you fell for him. You two knew each other for a long time and until today you stick with each other, the two of you even stay together even if you’re capable of living alone.”

Dara felt silent and just sipped her beer, realizations downing upon her.

 

A cold feeling on her cheek made Dara came back to reality, a pair of eyes looking straight towards her made her remember her situation making her gasp.

“You okay baby?” he asked nonchantly.

Grabbing the can of beer he’s offering her, she immediately gathered herself and opened the can, unceremoniously drank of its content.

“You’re being odd baby.” He sat beside her again.

Baby? Oh yeah, that’s their pet name for each other since college, in order for everyone except their close friends believe they are truly together.

“I---m, I’m just tired maybe.” She stuttered, trying hard not to look into his eyes.

“You are? Hmmm.” He sighed.

Dara thought he’ll leave her alone then but was surprised when Jiyong sat at the floor and reached for her legs, gently massaging it for her.

“Yaaaah! What the hell are you doing Kwon Jiyong?!” she exclaimed, trying to pull her leg from his warm massaging hands.

“Tsk. Stay still, I’m trying to make you rest pabo. You like massaging your legs right? Just rest.” He uttered making her heart beat faster than before.

Comfortable silence enveloped them and Dara appreciated it for a while, looking at the guy sitting at the floor made her heart swell and giddy. Everything was perfect for a moment until he decided to talk.

“Yaaa Sandara Park what’s with these muscles on your leg? Are you a man?” he chuckled and continued on teasing her, “You’ve got varicose veins too.”

Dara let an annoyed sigh as she heard him, attraction her . She almost forgot his unmannered behavior she’s been accustomed to for a long time.

Without any second thought she gave him a loud smack on his back making him surprised with the pain she inflicted him.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!” he screamed while nursing his aching back, making him whimpers on the floor.

“This is why I’m not going to be attracted to you, you jerk!” she exclaimed, and walked towards her room.

“Yaaaaa! Sandara Park!!!!!’ he screamed.

----

 

It was an early weekend morning and Jiyong was sipping his coffee serenely when Dara emerged from her door looking like sadako with her hair in front of her face.

“Baby, who are trying to scare this early?” he chuckled.

Sniffling the aroma of coffee in the air, Dara parted her hair revealing her angelic face and smiled cutely, “Coffeeeeeeee” she said giddily.

Jiyong chuckled at her freshly awoken best friend, and can’t help but marvel at her beauty. He knows she loves coffee that’s why they have their own espresso machine. Standing up, she guided her towards a chair beside him and made her sat down.

“One espresso coming for Sandara Park.” He smiled.

Looking at his back Dara caressed her thumping heart as if mandating it to stop beating so fast, why is Kwon Jiyong so efffing handsome this early in the morning?! Her heart is screaming inside of her. Damn this attraction.

“Here’s your espresso Dee.” Placing a cup of freshly made coffee in front of her, he sat down beside her and smiled after hearing whispered thanks from her.

“What are you doing today Ji?” she asked.

“Hmmmmmm. I have a date later.” He answered after thinking.

“Already?! She found somebody to date in that little span of time?!” she thought.

“Why? Do you want to go somewhere?” He asked as he reached for his phone.

“N---No, I was just-----“She stuttered but was cut when their doorbell rang. “I’ll answer the door.” She hurriedly said and run as fast as she could.

“Who is it?” Dara asked with a smile as she opened the door.

A charming smile on the guest’s lips welcomed her as soon as she laid her eyes on the visitor, her heart thumped.

“Hi yeppeun.” A deep husky voice uttered making Dara scream in glee.

Jiyong heard the scream and immediately ran towards her, thinking she was in great danger. “What’s wrong baby?!”

A sight of Dara hugged by someone else’s arms greeted him; it tasted bitter in his mouth as he looked towards the girl who’s equally hugging him tightly.

“Ji!!!!!!! Guess who our new neighbor is!” Dara exclaimed as she faced an apathetic Jiyong while snaking her arms towards the guest’s waist.

“Long time no see Jiyong.” He greeted.

“Same here…. Lee Donghae.” Jiyong answered back.