001

Last Dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There he was, the most annoying kid in school. Well at least in Jisung’s opinion. He felt that his laugh was too loud, it hurts his ears. He also thought Chenle spoke way too much for his liking, so he mostly tried to avoid him. He kept thinking about it, how he wanted to tell the older that he HATED him. Hate might be a strong word for some people, but that’s exactly what he felt towards Chenle. He just wanted peace and silence, but with his loud around everywhere there was no way he could ever have that. However, he was soon cut off of his thoughts,too soon for his liking, by an “annoying” voice.

 

“Jisung” the shorter male said in his usual happy tone as he tried to hug the taller, to which Jisung instantly denied. Chenle instantly realized the message Jisung was trying to get across, and quickly backed away, his expression quickly changing into one of sadness and hurt. The truth is he loved the younger, and he wanted Jisung to like him before this disease he’s been fighting for years finally ends him. It doesn’t even have to be in a romantic way, just as a friend and that was fine with him. Everyday his body becomes weaker and weaker, his smile slowly fading as he barely finds the strength and enthusiasm to get up in the morning. He does it all for Jisung because he fears he’s going to leave this world in a few weeks with the younger hating him forever.

 

He backed away and bowed to Jisung “I’m sorry for bothering you” he mumbled, but loud enough Jisung heard before running off.  Jisung looked at him before returning to his looked, he shrugged it off not really caring about the other male. He then closed his locked and walked to class. He walked in, and saw Renjun and Chenle had changed seats. Normally Chenle would sit next to him, but Renjun was in his seat. Weird he thought, but he just left it alone and sat down in his usual seat. “You know, you should be nicer to Chenle. He really is trying his best to be your friend” Renjun suddenly spoke up. Jisung looked at him with wide eyes “Trying to be my friend? More like trying to annoy me 24/7” he said and took his seat.

 

“Jisung!” the older said as he looked at him with a disappointed look on his face. “What hyung! What is it? Are you gonna tell me to be nicer now? Well guess what? I’m not going to be friends with that brat. He’s so annoying, it makes me want to tear my ears off” he said letting out his frustration. What he didn’t notice was that Chenle over heard the whole conversation. Chenle stood up, and excused himself from the class.

 

Chenle already felt weak, but that just hurt him. He ran as he held his chest, the pain he felt more intense than the own pain his body is creating. He was slowly dying, his body slowly shutting down. He was honestly just waiting for his death, then the people he “annoyed” would be happy. He smiled bitterly at the thought of Jisung being happy once he left. What was he even thinking? The younger male would obviously NOT miss him if he was to die. No one would, he was just an annoying brat as Jisung said. He talked too much and was loud. Did any of his “friends” not find him annoying?

 

He questioned, but soon felt wet, hot tears fall down his eyes. Does his brother think he's annoying as well? Did his parents when they were alive? Maybe getting his disease was not a coincidence, it was meant to be. Maybe he was dying because no one likes him, and they all wished he died and never came back. Just as he thought that, he heard some footsteps coming to the roof. He pressed his legs against his chest and put his head on his knees. He didn't want anyone to see him nor does he want to see anyone right now. “Chenle?” He heard Yukhei, his big brother, ask.

 

He looked up, and instantly shot himself at Lucas. “Yukhei Hyung” he said as he started sobbing into the orders shoulder.”Shh what's wrong?” He said caressing the youngers hair. “Hyung… Do you and the others hate me? Am I annoying? Do YOU hate me?” He said as the couldn't stop the words that Jisung said from repeating in his mind. “What! How could I hate you” he said his voice softening “You're the only family I have left” he said hugging then younger tightly.

 

“I'm going to lose you soon, and there's nothing I can do about it. You think that doesn't break me? You, my only baby brother. The only one that survived the car crash with me. My lovely baby brother that's dying, how could I hate you?” He asked tears now rushing down his face now. “I love you so much, and it hurts me that I only have 2 weeks left with you. If I can, i would give my life just to save you” he said pulling away from the hug and grabbing Chenle’s small hands. “Your the only thing I have left. I wish I could do something about your condition I'm so sorry that I'm so worthless and can't-”

 

“Hyung it's not your fault" he said a sweet smile on his face. “It’s just the way things have to be. Maybe I was born just to die, but aren’t we all? We’re born, we live life to the fullest, and the we die. There’s no point in fearing death because after death a new life will start” he said as he leaned on Yukhei’s chest feeling himself getting weak. “But I wish you could live longer, you’ve lived less than me. I’m such a horrible brother” he said as he embraced Chenle once again.

 

“No your not Hyung. You’ve accepted me despite my condition, you’ve made the past few years without mom and dad less painful. I don’t know what I could do without you, you’ve made the pain go away hyung, thank you” he said finally closing his eyes as he held onto Yukhei. “Hyung” he said still not opening his eyes. “Hm?” he heard the older ask. “I can’t feel my legs” he said before fainting on Yukhei’s arms. Yukhei instantly looked down and shook his brother, afraid he might leave before time “Chenle! Chenle! Please wake up!” he said but no response.

 

He started growing desperate as he didn’t have any of Chenle’s medicines here as they never thought he would faint during school as it mostly happened at home. He then carried his brother and ran inside the school. “Help! Please help me!” he yelled as tears were starting to come down again. Soon enough some teachers and students started coming out of the classrooms. Some students even started recording the scene in front of them.

 

“STOP!” Yukhei yelled finally losing his patience. “My baby brother is dying and all of you are just recording it to post it on social media!” he said an angered look on his face even the teachers were scared to get close. He then took out his phone and started taking pictures of everyone around and close to him “This is what y’all do all the time, just to get famous! Fam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter