The Cat

Animals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stop stop stop!! What are you doing?!" Kyuhyun barely managed to stop the restless duck from trying to dust his whole lodge clean.

"Quack quack quack!" Leeteuk stopped its movements in the middle of trying to dust the sofa with its wing.

"You're getting all your feathers on my sofa!" Kyuhyun cried before picking up the duck into his arms and tried to dust the feathers off.

"This is not your house so please do not try to make it yours." Kyuhyun said sternly, but Leeteuk clearly wasn't listening.

"Are you hungry?" Kyuhyun asked, following the duck's stare to the kitchen.

"Quack."

"I can't order room service for you though." Kyuhyun frowned, trying to imagine Leeteuk sitting on the dining table with him and eating human food. He shivered at the thought.

"Quack quack quack!!" Leeteuk kicked off from Kyuhyun's arms and flew towards the wooden door, pecking at it constantly.

"You want to go out?" Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows in amusement. The human shrugged and opened the door for the animal, following it outside.

"Where the heck are you going Teukie?" Kyuhyun followed the waddling duck through the forest. He was just bored, he convinced himself. He refused to acknowledge that he was worried that the duck might be eaten by other predators.

"Quack quack quack."

"Okay. I totally understood that." Kyuhyun sighed. Sometimes, he had treated Leeteuk more like a human than a duck.

Soon, Leeteuk had led him through the dense forest and they see a river.

"Is this where you caught the mackerel?!" Kyuhyun marveled when he saw glowing fresh water flowing downstream. The water was so clear that you can see the fishes swimming frantically down the moving water.

"Quack." Leeteuk said 'yes' in duck language before waddling to the riverbank and stared hard at the water.

"Quack!" Leeteuk suddenly dipped his beak into the water and fished out a flopping salmon.

"Woah!" Kyuhyun clapped his hands like he was watching a show in the circus.

"Wait. Are mackerels not saltwater fish? Why is it in a freshwater river?" Kyuhyun tilted his head in confusion. He remembered learning that in one of his experimented games.

"Quack quack quack~" Leeteuk sang as he pointed his wing to downstream.

"You swam all the way out to sea and back?!"

"Quack."

"Do normal ducks do that?!"

"Quack quack."

"So you're saying you're not normal. The name Leeteuk suits you afterall."

Leeteuk ignored him and continued pecking at the fishes.

"Alright stop Teukie! Stop fishing! How are we going to bring all these fishes back if you continue fishing some more!"

The amount of salmon, river cods, and bass were piling up beside Leeteuk like sandcastle.

"..." Leeteuk eventually stopped fishing and stared very intensely at the upstream.

"What are you looking at?" Kyuhyun's eyes followed upstream as he squinted.

"What's that black blob of thing floating?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Quack quack." Leeteuk flopped down into the water and swam over to the black blob which was fortunately stuck onto one of the rocks in the river.

"What?" Kyuhyun blinked when Leeteuk stopped in front of the rock and stared at him.

"Bring it here!" Kyuhyun shouted over the river.

"Quack!" Leeteuk bobbed his head in agreement as he took a small part of the black blob in between his beak and dragged it slowly across the moving water.

"Teukie fighting!" Kyuhyun cheered the duck on.

With a little more push and pull, Leeteuk managed to drag the black blob out of the river.

"It's a cat!!" Kyuhyun rushed over to the wet mess and inspected. He came to a conclusion after he saw the whiskers and cat ears.

"What's a cat doing in the river? And it's beaten up quite badly!" Kyuhyun the wounds on the cat's body gently. There were rope like marks on the body and scratches here and there.

"Quack quack!" Leeteuk shook off the water off his body and grabbed the fishes under both his wings.

"DO DUCKS USUALLY DO THAT?!" Kyuhyun gasped dramatically at the duck's action and sighed. He shouldn't be surprised anymore. Leeteuk did fried a mackerel after all.

"Let's bring it back." Kyuhyun gathered the hurt and unconscious cat into his arms and rushed back to the lodge with Leeteuk trailing after him, wings full of fish.

...

"Quack quack?" Leeteuk had dropped his pile of fish on the kitchen floor and waddled after Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun had placed the cat down onto several towels on the sofa.

"It's still unconscious Teukie. Should I call a vet?" Kyuhyun pondered.

"Quack."

"You always have answers to my questions." Kyuhyun laughed before stepping out of the house to make the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter