The Duck

Animals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cho Kyu Hyun was just a regular 25 years old man working as a professional gamer in the StarCraft industry. He had always led a peaceful and nerdy life until 10 animals suddenly barged into his uneventful social life.

"Kyuhyun, are you sure about that?" Changmin, his best friend slash gaming buddy questioned his decision.

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Will you be able to make it on time for next year's competition?"

"I will. I'll come back by next year January to register for February's comp."

"Alright then. Have a safe trip." Changmin hugged his friend goodbye before Kyuhyun got into the private car he had hired.

"Thanks Changmin. See you next year." Kyuhyun waved through the window as the driver stepped on the pedal and turned around the corner.

"Where to Mister?"

"Sapphire Hills."

Sapphire Hills is a tourist destination in rural Korea. The Blue Mountain is one of the tallest mountains in the world. The different blue colored flowers blooming on the hills were the reason it got it's name as Blue Mountain. For some reason, only blue flowers are found in the forest and hills.

As a tourist destination, there are forest lodges available for tourists to book and stay in. Plus, it is the only place in the forest where WiFi and Internet Connection is available.

After losing a competition and coming in in 4th place when he was 24 years old, Kyuhyun was depressed for one year before deciding to seclude himself for 'secret training' as he prepare himself for the next competition in a years' time.

Using his money that he had earned from several other small game competitions, Kyuhyun booked a forest lodge furthest away from the other lodges for a whole year. That was where he was going to start his 'secret training'.

After a long 5 hour car ride, Kyuhyun arrived in front of his own lodge. It was a double storied wooden lodge with flower decorated windows. It was very naturistic (is this even an english word) looking and Kyuhyun was satisfied. He initially wanted a single storied lodge but only this was far and secluded from the rest.

As Kyuhyun stepped into his temporary home for the year, he had immediately felt homey as the interior design of the lodge was simple and not over extravagant. There was a fire place in a corner of the room and the typical rock chair and furry rug in front of it.

Before Kyuhyun could haul his luggage up the stairs, there was a knock on the door.

*knock knock*

Kyuhyun frowned. He wasn't expecting any visitors. The forest lodge management told him that they wouldn't send anyone there unless Kyuhyun called. Walking back towards the wooden door, Kyuhyun turned the door knob gingerly and pulled it open.

Kyuhyun blinked. He was met with the wilderness where he had came from. There was no one.

"Quack!" Kyuhyun shot his head down and saw a white feathered duck staring up at him.

"Who left you here?" Kyuhyun asked, stepping out one foot and peered outside.

"Quack quack!" The duck was quacking furiously before sauntering into Kyuhyun's lodge.

"Hey! You can't come in!" Kyuhyun called after the waddling duck when he found the duck no longer by his feet.

The duck waddled in and stopped by the fireplace and stared at it for a few seconds before waddling to the living room.

"Hey! What are you doing you beast!" Kyuhyun followed the duck to his own living room which he haven't even sat on yet.

"Quack." The duck suddenly flapped its wings and settled itself on the huge grey sofa in the living room.

"That's my sofa!" Kyuhyun protested as he stomped his foot on the ground, glaring at the offending white feathered animal on his sofa.

"Quack quack." The duck quacked twice before staring intensively at the human.

After 30 seconds of staring, Kyuhyun was a little creeped out by the duck and decided to give up.

"Fine. Do whatever you want. Just don't poop in my lodge. I'll be upstairs." Kyuhyun sighed and left the duck. He hauled his luggage upstairs and entered his room for the year. The room was simply designed,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter