nonchalant

heartrate | a momoland short story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

heartrate | a momoland short story (2)

 

 

 

“Later, Unnies! Seriously...” 

 

 

 

“B-But Ahin!” Hyebin pouted. “Those two cockroaches—no, sorry excuses of being people—no—“

 

 

 

“Shut it with your insults,” Jane laughed. “You’re pathetic with them.”

 

 

 

Hyebin rolled her eyes when everyone laughed. It was quite factual though.

 

 

 

It was already nighttime, and they still aren’t getting the surprise. They were in their fluffy PJs, the one they wore back in Jjan!Koong!Kwang!, their debut song.

 

 

 

Just wearing it was like a trip down to memory lane. It was pleasant, and unpleasant at the same time, they worked and struggled very hard to be where they are right now.

 

 

 

And now, they can say that it was worth it.

 

 

 

“Impatience is a bad thing, ya know,” Ahin said. “JooE and Daisy are preparing it. It’ll be here anytime soon.”

 

 

 

“The am I hearing?” Yeonwoo scoffed. “Ahin talking about patience when she can’t even peel a tangerine off without shouting ‘ARGGHHHH’—ow!”

 

 

 

“Ya!” Ahin shouted, embarrassed as she threw a huge pillow on Yeonwoo’s face. Yeonwoo’s imitation of Ahin’s scream of struggle was quite accurate. “That was one time! ONE TIME!”

 

 

 

Nayun mockingly patted Ahin’s head. “Ahin-ah, it happened TONS of times...”

 

 

Taeha mockingly hugged the younger. “And you know it, poor infant...”

 

 

 

“NOT YOU TOO! Nancy-ah! Help me!”

 

 

 

Nancy laughed at the sight of her co-members bickering as usual. It was just another normal day in their dorms. A tolerant Hyebin, a sly Yeonwoo, an angry Jane from too much teasing, a clingy Taeha to Nayun, a cuddly Nayun, two idiots (JooE and Daisy) up to something, a shouting Ahin and her, laughing at all of them.

 

 

 

The only abnormal thing are JooE and Daisy putting so much effort on their pranks.

 

 

 

Nancy can’t even deny it to herself.

 

 

 

She was also curious.

 

 

 

***

 

 

Daisy and JooE gathered the members in the living room. Hyebin remained in the kitchen to make food for the others since she and Jane are the only one who knows how to cook quite well. Jane was busy making herself angry at Daisy (which she can’t do at times) so Hyebin decided to cook alone.

 

 

 

JooE and Daisy were changing costumes in the comfort room for some reason, and Daisy was upstairs getting their costume, and JooE was in the kitchen too, stuck with Hyebin.

 

 

 

“Hyebin-ah...” JooE called onto their leader who was cooking a hotpot.

 

 

 

“Hmmm?” Hyebin asked without looking at the younger.

 

 

 

“Are you angry at me?”

 

 

 

Hyebin stopped on chopping vegetables for a moment, then continued. “For the pranks? Of course not, it happens at a daily basis that I’m used to it—“

 

 

 

“You know that’s not what I meant.”

 

 

 

Of course, Hyebin knew.

 

 

 

Hyebin looked at her with a pained smile on her face. JooE’s eyes were shimmering with unshed tears, her hands itching to snake it to her waist.

 

 

 

Hyebin sighed shakily. “Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter