the queens of mischief

heartrate | a momoland short story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s up with all these boxes?!”

 

 

 

“Are we moving to a new dorm again?” Ahin asked while silently speculating the boxes—there were quite a lot of boxes in all sorts. Some were too small, small, large and ridiculously huge ones. It was beyond comprehension as to why there were these kinds of boxes showered with packaging tape showed up at their doorway.

 

 

 

 

 

“We’re not moving in a new dorm,” Daisy said with a proud grin plastered on her face. “Why would we?”

 

 

 

 

“Then what are these boxes for?” Ahin tore her eyes away from the boxes and fixed the ribbon of her uniform. It was just 6 AM in the morning, and she and Daisy are the only ones awake.

 

 

 

 

“...And why are you up so early for? You sleep longer than an animal hibernating in winter,” Ahin cocked her head as if Daisy was now someone suspicious. Daisy cackled.

 

 

 

“You’ll see, Cindy,” Daisy smirked as she spat those words in fluent English. “Besides, that’s not all of the boxes. They’re yet to be delivered.”

 

 

 

 

That’s when Ahin’s attention immediately turned to the girl with prominent ears.

 

 

 

 

“Delivered?!”

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, a pink-haired woman started skipping in jests in the living room with a goofy smile on her face as if she did something that will greatly improve Korea’s economy.

 

 

 

 

“YOOOOODDDDAAAAA!!” JooE waved both of her hands. “The package is heeere—oh, good morning Wo Ai Ni (Ahin’s nickname)!”

 

 

 

 

 

A horrified look was immediately placed on Ahin’s face as she rendered that the two are up to something—JooE and Daisy who hate mornings more than anything are awake at 6AM in a day where there’s no schedule which they rarely have?

 

 

 

 

“You two...” Ahin shook her head. “...are up to something.”

 

 

 

It wasn’t even a question now, it was a statement since Ahin was very much sure they were up to no good.

 

 

 

 

 

The two laughed mischievously with devilish glints in their eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

This was the only day Ahin was relieved that she had to go to school early.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

“Take care, Ahin-ah!!”

 

 

 

“Go home early!”

 

 

 

“No flirting with boys or I’ll kick your lovely multilingual arse!”

 

 

 

“Study well!! Behave yourself towards other children!”

 

 

 

“Ne, eomma.” Ahin rolled her eyes mockingly at their mother-like precautions but smiled afterwards. 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t cause too much mischief with those boxes, unnies...” Ahin gave them a skeptic look. The two just smiled as if they were innocent lambs that just aroused Ahin’s suspicion more.

 

 

 

 

“Hehehehehe, don’t worry about the old ladies...”

 

 

 

“They can handle theirselves juuuuuust fine!”

 

 

 

This made Ahin more nervous with the two main troublemakers in Momoland. “But what about Nancy?!”

 

 

 

 

“She won’t miss out on the fun,” Daisy smirked with a hidden glint which was probably evident to Ahin’s eyes. “We will make sure of that, hehehe.”

 

 

 

 

Ahin sighed. Why did they let these two who apparently has a screwloose be good friends? Hell breaks loose when they’re together, someone should actually separate them! 

 

 

 

 

With one last wave and another ‘don’t trouble the maknae and the unnies too much’ warning from Ahin, she walked to her university and tries to not worry about her unnies and their capabilities of leading a rampaging stampede.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“Is the mic ready, Yoda?”

 

 

 

“Ne,” Daisy smirked. “It’s waiting for you.”

 

 

 

 

JooE’s lips raised and broke into fits of cackling. “How about the speakers in their room?”

 

 

 

 

“All set.” Daisy’s ears jolted in excitement as JooE held the mic with such pride as if she’s going to present a wonderful speech in front of the President.

 

 

 

 

It was the only useful thing they bought from the tons of boxes the delivery trucks have delivered. It made things even more interesting. A bluetooth mic and bluetooth speakers that can reach you in a mile. Really useful!

 

 

 

 

JooE heaved a deep breath and displayed the infamous ‘I am up to no good’ smirk before singing from the bottom of her heart to the deepest depths of her soul. Daisy can’t help but smirk as their mischievous plan unfold in front of her two eyes.

 

 

 

 

They’re so dead.

 

 

 

 

“PAPAPAPAPAPAPAPA GUD MOHNENG PAPAPAPAPAPAPAPA GUD MOHNENG MOMOLAND!!!!!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

Daisy even clapped with two 1.5 liter plastic bottles as soon as JooE said the first ‘pa’. Daisy and JooE muffled their laughters as they heard a loud ‘!’ from one of the unnies’ room.

 

 

 

 

 

Mission’s part 1, done.

 

 

 

 

The unnies are probably irked and also the maknae.

 

 

 

 

They’re so hell bent and they’re not even a tad nervous about it.

 

 

 

 

“YOO JEONG AHN!!!!!!! LEE JOO WON!!!!!!”

 

 

 

 

The two girls looked at each other. 

 

 

 

 

“We’re so dead.”

 

 

 

And they seem happy with it. 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“WHERE THE IS LEE JOO WON AND YOO JEONG AHN?!!!?!” Hyebin roared like a vicious tiger with her eyes in sharp slits. Her face red fuming in anger.

 

 

 

 

NOBODY disturbs Lee Hyebin’s sleep in day offs—nobody dares to do it since they know better. Hyebin will definitely be aghast and irked the whole week when someone is brave enough.

 

 

 

Apparently, Daisy and JooE were those ‘someone’.

 

 

 

Nayun was sending daggers at the ceiling and wishing it was Daisy and JooE. She haven’t got too much sleep since she was up talking to Taeha on the phone even though they were in the same place and she also thought that she can sleep for 12 hours and everyone will be doing the same thing to care.

 

 

 

 

Boy was she mistaken. 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Jane was sitting with no expression visible on her face. Although Taeha can hear Jane’s low ‘those two will be the death of me’ mutters. She can’t agree enough.

 

 

 

 

Taeha, who’s in the same room as Jane, stayed up all night to watch Korean dramas and talk to Nayun. But as soon as Nayun dozed off with the line still connected, Taeha still proceeded in watching. Hence her eyebags since she assumed she’ll sleep through the day.

 

 

 

 

She was obviously wrong.

 

 

 

 

She absolutely supports the advocacy of strangling the two younger members to death. 

 

 

 

 

“Where the are they?!” Hyebin shouted as she opened their door all of a sudden. Jane was looking soulless as usual but with a violent aura surrounding her.

 

 

 

 

Taeha had the urge to throw the gigantic speakers—which they assumed JooE and Daisy brought when they were sleeping peacefully—at JooE and Daisy’s faces. How the hell did they even brought it here without making any noise?!

 

 

 

 

“They’d do well to hide for their lives,” Taeha grunts. Nayun entered the room and rushed to Taeha’s side immediately.

 

 

 

 

“Nayun-ah, get up—“

 

 

 

 

“Aniyo,” Nayun’s voice was muffled as she spoke against Taeha’s neck. 

 

 

 

 

 

“I missed you.” Taeha’s heart paced like crazy when she heard Nayun’s raspy tone. 

 

 

 

 

“Pabo,” Taeha giggled as she caressed Nayun’s copper hair. “We just talked for hours yesterday night.”

 

 

"Yeah, but--"

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Uh, it wouldn't hurt to get a room, yes?”

 

 

 

 

Jane and Hyebin were looking at them with goofy smiles on their faces. Taeha blushed and rolled her eyes. Nayun laughed while still hugging Taeha.

 

 

 

 

“Shut up.” The both of them said in unison.

 

 

 

 

“We’ll leave you two,” Hyebin sneered and sighed. “We’ll deal with Tropicana and Yoda.”

 

 

 

 

 

Jane closed the door before her as Hyebin and her left the room. 

 

 

 

 

“Why did I love a loud tropicana again?” Hyebin sighed and massaged her temple. Jane supposed that Hyebin’s vein was throbbing. Jane shook her head and continued their way downstairs to hunt the two troublemakers down.

 

 

 

 

“Believe me,” Jane muttered as a sigh escaped her lips.

 

 

 

 

“I don’t know why I dearly love a Yoda that eats mischief for breakfast.”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“PAPAPAPAPAPAPAPA GUD MOHNENG PAPAPAPAPAPAPAPA GUD MOHNENG MOMOLAND!!!!!”

 

 

 

 

Nancy jolted upright when some static sound blared in her and JooE’s room. She was squinting as her vision tries to adjust with the light coming from the window. She groans.

 

 

 

 

She heaved a breath and readied for some ear-splitting shriek.

 

 

 

 

“JOO WON YOU DAMN IDIOT!!!!!!!!” 

 

 

 

 

Nancy’s small voice was probably noticed when she heard an awfully familiar loud cackle.

 

 

 

 

 

“WAKEY WAKEY AEGI NAENSHI!!!!” JooE mocks. Nancy grunted once more as she ruffles her own hair out of frustration.

 

 

 

 

 

Knowing that she can’t go back to sleep since JooE will still pester her anyway, she stood up hesitantly, and as soon as she did, she missed the presence of her fluffy marshmallow plushie that a fan gave, and the comfort of her bed.

 

 

 

 

 

“Aaaah, jinjja.” Nancy blurted out in irritation. “I swear I’ll strangle JooE myself.”

 

 

 

 

She grabbed a towel from her closet, along with an oversized white shirt, shorts and fresh underwear. Taking a bath first thing in the morning is quite the necessity for Nancy, and she’s certain that her unnies are too busy prosecuting the two knuckleheads so no one must be taking a bath.

 

 

 

 

 

With heavy eyes, she went to their dorm’s main washroom humming something unknown. 

 

 

 

 

 

When she reached the bathroom, Nancy can hear rushing water inside. Nancy frowned.

 

 

 

 

 

‘Huh? Someone’s not too busy scolding the two?’ Nancy curiously thought. She knocked after a few seconds.

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie?” 

 

 

 

 

She said ‘Unnie’ since she’s sure Ahin is not around because of school. Plus, she never calls JooE and Daisy unnie. Hyebin, Jane and Taeha (the only ones she call ‘Unnie’) are the ones that will surely go for JooE and Daisy’s neck, so she wondered who it was.

 

 

 

 

She forgot one—specifically: tall, foxy, seductive and too adorable for anyone, even for Nancy—person.

 

 

 

 

 

The door opened.

 

 

 

 

 

Nancy almost had a nosebleed.

 

 

 

 

Her heart paced like crazy she wanted to faint and she’d do anything to calm it down.

 

 

 

 

 

She saw something ethereal and pretty much at the same time she was having a hard time to breathe.

 

 

 

 

 

“Good morning, Naenshi-ah.” 

 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo was wrapped in a white towel.

 

 

 

 

Shoulder blades wet.

 

 

 

 

Droplets of water coming from the tips of her waves to her face to her jaw and to somewhere she’d rather not think about was really messing with her mind.

 

 

 

 

It was messi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter