Chapter 2

Push & Pull
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The women just finished their four seasons concert in Korea but they were still practicing all of the performances. They have a concert in Hong Kong in a few days, which means that there is no such thing as rest for now. The constant practice in the four walls of the room would take a toll on anyone. The stress and the pressure are building up along with the worries.

 

Byul, however, has more to worry about other than those resulting from the upcoming overseas concert. Yongsun is still keeping her distance. There is very little to zero interaction between the two. Their performances have a lot of interactions between them ,however, and Byulyi was looking forward to doing them in practice. She would look at Yongsun but the older woman would keep looking forward, not bothering to do any of them. Byul could do nothing but let it be. She can’t force Yongsun to do them unless necessary after all. So Byul bites her lip, swallows down whatever courage she has to confront Yongsun along with the thousand words she has to say, and goes on with the practice.

 

The rift between the two older women does not go unnoticed by Wheein. She has been very observant and vocal with her concerns unless it is about herself. She knows that something happened between the two and it’s not the typical fights they have over childish and petty matters. The rift was caused by something big and if left untouched, it would probably make the situation permanent. So, she does what she thinks is right and talks to Yongsun – the more stubborn one.

 

“Unnie,” Wheein calls the oldest when it was just the two of them in the lounge of their company.

 

Yongsun hums in response and looks at the dimpled younger member. “What is it, Wheein-ah?”

 

“Why are you ignoring Byulyi-unnie?” Wheein goes straight to the point. Going around in circles is just a waste of time, as Yongsun would probably take hours to get what to what Wheein wants to know.

 

If Yongsun was drinking anything at all, she would have probably spit it out or choked to death. She looks at the straightforward woman beside her, thinking that maybe Byul told her what happened. The fear of Wheein knowing about the confession crept up to her mind but Wheein’s wide and clueless eyes calm her. “I’m not ignoring her,” Yongsun answers shortly after recovering.

 

“Unnie, you haven’t talked to her at all for more than a month. You don’t even look at Byulie-unnie unless you have to.” Wheein pouts at Yongsun, hoping it would make the oldest open up to her.

 

Yongsun smiles gently at the concerned woman. She sighs. “You’re exaggerating again, Wheein-ah. And Byulyi and I don’t always talk all the time.”

 

“Yes, you do.” Wheein tries pressing further. “Did she do something wrong?” She tilts her head to a side, looking curious.

 

Yongsun immediately shakes her head. “No, she didn’t do anything wrong – which is why I’m also not ignoring her.” She chuckles when she sees Wheein pout at her once again.

 

“Fine,” Wheein sighs in exasperation. She believes that Yongsun was saying the truth. Byulyi probably didn’t do anything wrong. She rarely does. This means that the problem was with their leader and Wheein has an idea as to what it is. She leaves Yongsun alone for now but continues observing the two. She knows that something must be done but she’ll have to act at the right time.

 

Luckily for Wheein, it only took a few days for the right time to arrive. During the last days of their practice before leaving for Hong Kong, Byulyi has been holding on to her back again. It was clear that she is in severe pain but pushes through it for the concert. Wheein was worried along with Hyejin and has talked to Byul about it. Yongsun, who was still adamant on ignoring their hamster, fails to notice that Byul’s back problem has come back. Wheein thinks that it was the right opportunity to have Yongsun look at Byul.

 

The two of them were the last ones to be sent home by their manager and are currently silently sitting inside the van. Wheein sighs as if the problems of the world were on her shoulders. It catches Yongsun’s attention and as a worried leader and friend of her angel, she asks her what was wrong.

 

“Wheein-ah?” Yongsun touches Wheein’s arm in worry.

 

“Yes, unnie?” Wheein slumps her shoulders and looks defeated.

 

“Do you have any problems? You sounded like something was worrying you.” Yongsun presses Wheein’s arm, as if telling her that she would help her in whatever way she can.

 

Wheein nods slowly. “Byulyi-unnie is not listening to me.”

 

“Byul?” Yongsun’s eyebrow quirks up. Byul being the cause of Wheein’s worry is nothing new but the rapper not listening to Wheein is a whole other thing. “Why?”

 

“Her back is hurting again. This time’s worse than before. I told her she doesn’t have to dance for the practice but she doesn’t listen. I think it will only worsen her condition further.” Wheein tears a little at the image of her Byulyi-unnie trying her hardest despite her poor condition. She may be trying to get Yongsun to make up with Byul but she never lies. She tries to be as honest as she can be.

 

“Eh?” Yongsun was surprised that she didn’t notice Byul’s aching back. “I didn’t know,” she whispers. She really had no idea. She was too busy trying to ignore the rapper so much that even the most obvious things seem to have passed her vision. “I... I’ll try to talk to her, Wheein-ah. Don’t worry.” Yongsun sends the sad woman a gentle smile, which was returned.

 

Since Wheein and Yongsun have talked, the latter steals a few glances at the rapper. She sees it all now. While dancing, Byul would suddenly flinch or grimace. Her back was probably aching really badly but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter