In Your Arms, I Am Complete

Beautiful Moments

When Yunhyeong went to Fiji to film for Law of the Jungle, Chanwoo was excited to have the room all to himself. He could stay up all night long, playing games without worrying that he would disturb his roommate’s sleep with the light of his phone screen or laptop. He could be loud as much as he wants without being conscious of not being alone. He could not worry too much about the messy state that his bed was at ever since Yunhyeong left.

Chanwoo was enjoying his freedom and privacy, chuckling silently whenever he remembers Yunhyeong’s joking words the night before the latter left.

“I bet you’ll miss me~”

“Sorry not sorry, Yunhyeong-hyung, but I don’t think so.” Chanwoo whispers playfully, grinning as he focuses on his game.


 In the end, Yunhyeong was right.

The youngest did not know what happened or what caused his mood to change. As much as he doesn’t like to admit it, he was missing Yunhyeong. It started one night when he returns to the dorms after his schedule. His day was slow and long, resulting to an exhausted and starving Chanwoo. With eyes half-closed, Chanwoo drags himself back to their room, whining softly when he feels his stomach rumble. He grabs hold of the door knob and twists it open, “Yunhyeong-hyung, can you please make me—” Chanwoo pauses midway, his eyes snapping open in alarm when he sees Yunhyeong’s bed empty. It was really late, and Yunhyeong would usually be getting ready for bed at this hour. He hurriedly checks his phone to see if he missed a text from the older, but freezes as he stares at the date screaming a reminder at him.

‘Oh...he’s still at Fiji…’

in his breath, Chanwoo slowly relaxes and feels the tension leaving his shoulders. He was no longer sleepy, instead Chanwoo was confused. He was doing great a few days ago. They were all doing great, so he doesn’t understand why he acted—why he felt that way. “Bobby-hyung’s been gone longer, but I never felt this way when he was gone.” He mumbles under his breath, entering the room so that he can finally shut the door.

Chanwoo had a long day, and it continues on to the night. He wasn’t able to sleep well. He was trying to figure out as to why that happened. 

The last thing Chanwoo saw before unconsciously falling asleep was the sun peeking from the window, and Yunhyeong’s untouched neat bed.


The dorm was in chaos. 

Yunhyeong will be arriving in a few hours, and everything is still a mess. The others—well, some of the members were scrambling to get everything cleaned before Yunhyeong arrives.

“Come on, Bobby! Just bring this to the other room.”

“But hyung—-“

“No buts, just do it. Yunhyeong will be tired when he arrives.”

“Ugh alright alright, but only cause it’s for Yun.”

“Jinhwan-hyung! Where should I hide the dirty clothes?”

“Hey! Kim Hanbin! That’s not where you put the shoes!”

“Not too loud, Donghyuk! Just help me or Jinan-hyung will scold us both!”

“Kim Hanbin! I can hear you!”

“Junhoe, can you pass me the sponge.”

“You get it.”

“But you’re closer!”

“My hands are occupied.”

“Why didn’t we start tidying up earlier.”

“Chanwoo, no one wakes up just to clean.”

“Well Yunhyeong-hyung does.”

“True, but that’s what Yunhyeong always do.”

It took them nearly five hours just to finish cleaning everything. The members collapsed on the couch, exhausted. They speeded things up on the last hour because they received a text from one of their managers saying that Yunhyeong’s plane had landed and that they’d be home in a few. “Okay, I don’t think I can stay up to welcome Yun home.” Bobby says in between pants as he wipes his forehead. Hanbin makes a strange sound of agreement. “Just wait for a bit, guys.” Jinhwan wheezes, catching his breath.

And so they waited, only to find out an hour later that their second eldest would be arriving a little late. “Jinhwan-hyung, can we please go to sleep?” Hanbin whines softly, bonelessly leaning against Junhoe. “Let’s go to sleep, hyung, you also look tired.” Donghyuk says softly, gently touching his shoulder. Jinhwan releases a heavy sigh, eyebrows furrowed in concern. “But...I want to welcome Yun back. I’m sure he’ll be happy to know that someone is waiting for him.” he says in a small voice. “Hyung, we are waiting for him.”, “Someone who is awake, Jiwon-ah.” Jinhwan’s shoulder sags in disappointment. “I’ll wait for him, hyung.” Chanwoo says suddenly, causing the hyungs to look at him in surprise. Chanwoo blinks, only then realizing what he had said. “Oooooh does Chanwoo miss Yunhyeong-hyung?” Junhoe teases with a grin, nudging his elbow. Chanwoo huffs, nudging back. “No, I’m his roommate. Isn’t it normal for roommates to wait for each other?” He reasons out. “Not really no.” Hanbin pipes up, still remaining in his position. “Okay guys enough. Are you sure you can wait for him, Chanwoo?”  Jinhwan asks, worried. Junhoe snickers and stands after making sure that Hanbin was sitting up again. “It’s Chanwoo we’re talking about, hyung. He can do it.” He says, “I’m off to bed! Night!” He adds, walking back to his room. Bobby yawns and stretches, nodding as he hops onto his feet. “He’s right, Night guys!” He salutes at them before proceeding to his room. “Come on hyung, Chanwoo can handle it.” Donghyuk stands up, patting Jinhwan’s shoulder. Hanbin also stands and stretches a bit, “Yeah, we can spend the entire day tomorrow with Yunhyeong-hyung anyway.” Hanbin rubs his eyes, then waves at them as he bids them good night and walks back to his room. “...Alright. Good night, Chanwoo.” Jinhwan smiles in gratitude, also bidding the younger one good night before he and Donghyuk retreat to their bedrooms. Chanwoo blinks, checking his phone, finding a new text from Yunhyeong. Unconsciously smiling, Chanwoo stands up and goes to their room and straight to his bed while exchanging texts.

Carbonara-hyung:

You still up?

yup, where are you?

Carbonara-hyung:

Still a bit far.

 

Carbonara-hyung:

It’s late, Chanu. Go to sleep.

 not tired, hyung.

anyway, take care in coming back.

Carbonara-hyung:

Lies ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Thank you, but seriously, go to sleep.

 

Again, Chanwoo didn’t know how it happened. One moment he was texting Yunhyeong, snickering here and there, the next thing he knew, he was already at Jeju Island, strolling hand-in-hand with Yunhyeong. 

He wasn’t able to welcome Yunhyeong back. Nonetheless, when Yunhyeong entered their room, a fond smile immediately graced his tired features.


 Chanwoo was already half awake when he turns to the side, feeling the blankets slide off of his figure, causing him to pause and to open his eyes slightly. He doesn’t remember draping the blanket over himself before he had fallen asleep. Or maybe he did it while already asleep. He glances at the window, eyes growing wide when he finally notices that it’s morning. Chanwoo searches for his phone, only to find it placed on top of the bedside table, which was weird considering that he fell asleep while holding onto his phone. He was about to reach for his phone when he heard a familiar sound coming from the kitchen, followed by a delicious aroma. 

‘Is hyung…’  

To confirm his suspicions, Chanwoo looked at the other’s bed, finding a familiar bag sitting on the middle, and a cherry shine lip balm beside it. Chanwoo jumps out of bed and goes to the other’s, hands slowly touching and feeling the bag. It’s real. He’s not dreaming. His mind is not playing tricks. He’s here. 

Taking the lip balm and pocketing it, Chanwoo hurriedly makes his way to the kitchen. He could hear the sizzling of the pan, he could smell the scent of omelettes, but most of all, he could hear him. Slowing down, Chanwoo takes a deep breath and enters the kitchen, a warm feeling sparking in his chest when he sees him.

He’s home.

Yunhyeong’s home.

The older one had his back turned as he was busy cooking. Chanwoo could hear the older one mumble to himself about the recipe and how it tastes. Finally, Chanwoo moves. He slowly walks to the older one, stopping right behind him as he watches him cook. Yunhyeong was too focused on not burning the omelette that he did not notice a presence behind him. Usually, Chanwoo would already think of different ways to surprise him. Maybe he should grab his shoulders and yell surprise? He could also loudly exclaim Yunhyeong’s name or suddenly whisper his name into his ear. Numerous ways on how to surprise him entered Chanwoo’s mind, but it turns out, his body has a mind of its own.

Disregarding the mischievous ideas, Chanwoo steps forward and wraps his arms around Yunyeong’s waist, pulling the older one close into a back hug, burying his face on the crook of Yunhyeong’s neck. He feels Yunhyeong jump and gasp in surprise, but he did not feel him tense up from the sudden contact. “Chanwoo?” Yunhyeong calls out, turning his head a bit in an attempt to face him. “Hey, what’s wrong?” He asks when he feels the arms around his waist tighten. Yunhyeong turns the stove off and settles the spatula down on the cutting board. “Yah Jung Chanwoo…” He was starting to get worried due to the younger’s continuous silence.

Before Yunhyeong could really panic, he feels Chanwoo shake his head slightly and finally looks up at him. When their eyes met, Chanwoo feels the warmth spread slowly. He didn’t want to admit it, but he missed him. He missed seeing Yunhyeong’s face when he wakes up earlier than the latter. He missed looking into Yunhyeong’s eyes whenever they would talk right after waking up. And strangely, he missed holding Yunhyeong like this. Chanwoo rarely hugs him, and sometimes it’s not as close and intimate as how he hugs him now. 

Yunhyeong was only gone for a few days, but Chanwoo felt that he was gone for years. And he still does not know why. 

Seeing how Yunhyeong looks worried as hell, Chanwoo chuckles and smiles at him. “Welcome home, hyung.” He mumbles softly, watching the relief flood Yunhyeong’s eyes. “What’s gotten into you? Are you drunk?” Yunhyeong makes a face, but he never bother to pull away from the hug. Chanwoo feels like he won a game set on hardcore mode. “Wow hyung, is that how you think of me?” Chanwoo fakes the disappointment in his tone, biting back a laugh when he sees Yunhyeong panic slightly. “W-well it’s cause you’re acting weird!! You’re clingy all of the sudden.” Yunhyeong huffs, then his gaze softens as he gently touches Chanwoo’s arm. “Hey, I’m serious though, what’s wrong? Did something happen while I was away?” He asks, his voice laced with concern. Chanwoo wanted to answer sarcastically, or to , but seeing Yunhyeong’s face right now...he just can’t bring himself to do it.

‘Ah...I’m becoming soft for this hyung…’

“Nothing, hyung. Nothing happened. Stop worrying.” Chanwoo reassures him, but Yunhyeong was still worried. “Are you sure? You didn’t have a nightmare, did you? Were you scolded or anything? Did you have a fight with the other—” Yunhyeong’s words instantly died when Chanwoo, after loosening his arms around Yunhyeong’s waist and make Yunhyeong face him a bit, leans forward and suddenly rubs their noses together before touching the older one’s forehead with his own. The proximity between them left Yunhyeong speechless and breathless. Chanwoo eyes were closed, and Yunhyeong can clearly see Chanwoo’s long eyelashes. He remembers that he used to coo and adore his eyelashes, they look so perfect on Chanwoo. Slowly, Yunhyeong also closes his eyes, leaning forward, rubbing their noses together in reply. 

“Yunhyeong-hyung, I’m fine.”

‘I missed you.’

“I...sorry about the sudden questions.”

‘I missed you so much, hyung.’

“It’s fine, you’re a worrywart anyway.”

‘I missed you so much you had no idea’

“Hey! I’m not!”

‘I really thought I wouldn’t, but I did.’

“You are. We all know it.”

‘Song Yunhyeong, what have you done to me…’

“I just got back and this is how I am treated. Wow.”

‘I don’t want to let you go anymore, hyung. Is that okay?’

“Yeah right. Admit it, hyung, you missed our teasings.”

‘Cause I don’t think I can let you go…’

“Hm….do I?”

‘It...somehow feels so right, having you in my arms.’

“Of course you do!”

‘Does...does it feel right for you too, hyung?’

“Okay fine maybe.”

‘I hope it does, hyung…

“Yunhyeong-hyung.”

‘I want to stay with you, hyung.’

“Hm?”

‘Please let me stay.’

“You forgot the omelette.”

‘Please Yunhyeong, please.’

“Ah! I did!”

‘Let me be with you, please.’

Pulling away from the intimate moment, Yunhyeong hurriedly turns the gas on and picks up the spatula, trying to salvage the now cold omelette. Chanwoo looks at him with a small smile, watching him cook while still keeping his arms wrapped loosely around his waist. “How long will you keep your arms around me?” Yunhyeong asks, transferring the omelette onto a plate so that he could make another one. “Ah...sorry.” Chanwoo was about to unwrap his arms but Yunhyeong stopped him by pressing his back against Chanwoo’s chest. “Hyung?”, “I just asked how long, Chanwoo. I didn’t say I mind.” Yunhyeong glances at him and smiles. Hearing his words, Chanwoo relaxes and sighs in relief. He thought that Yunhyeong minded and that he didn’t want to be clinged at. “As long as you want, I guess.” The youngest replies with a grin as he secures his arms around his waist again. “Okay, but you’ll have to help me with the cooking then.” Yunhyeong chuckles when he heard the sound of disapproval from Chanwoo. “No backing out, Chanwoo. It’s either that or no hugging while I’m cooking.” He chirps, laughing again at the groaning. “Okay fine.”,”Good! Now can you please hand me the bowl?”

Throughout the duration of the cooking, whenever Yunhyeong moves, Chanwoo moves as well. The youngest assisted him in cooking by grabbing ingredients and utensils that the older one needed. But not once did Chanwoo fully unwrap his arms around him. When Chanwoo peeks at Yunhyeong’s face, he noticed how chapped his hyung’s lips are. He unwraps an arm and retrieves the lip balm and opens it. “Hyung, look at me for a bit.” Yunhyeong blinks and pauses chopping as he turns his head to face him. Wordlessly, Chanwoo begins to apply the lip balm, his eyes focused solely on the older one’s lips. “Is that enough?” Chanwoo asks, blinking twice when his cheek was suddenly kissed. “It is, thank you.” Yunhyeong smiles shyly. Chanwoo grins at his reaction, closing the lip balm and pocketing it again. He then gently place his now free hand on Yunhyeong’s hips and kisses his forehead softly. “You’re welcome, Yunhyeongie.” He hears the older one giggle, as he witness Yunhyeong’s cheeks turning pink. Yunhyeong looks absolutely adorable when he blushes and smiles shyly, and Chanwoo wants to see that as much as possible. As Yunhyeong resumes cooking, Chanwoo’s hand that was on his hips moves up to his waist, and he immediately frowns when he notices something. “Yunhyeong-hyung, you’ve gotten thin.” Chanwoo points out, hand gently rubbing Yunhyeong’s side. “Ah well...it’s not easy to find plenty of food in the jungle, Chanwoo. We had to make do.” The youngest huffs slightly, the older one was correct but he still didn’t like the fact that Yunhyeong had not been eating well. “Hyung, I’ll make you eat more.”, “Hm? Why? You don’t like it that I got thin?” Chanwoo shakes his head, resting his cheek against Yunhyeong’s head. “I don’t care about your weight, I like you for who you are. I just want to take care of you.” He admits in a whisper, missing the way Yunhyeong’s blush darkens and how his ears turns pink. “As long as you’ll be the one feeding me.” Chanwoo instantly grins and nods, hugging him tighter. “That’s the plan.”

“Oh my god what the heck are you two doing.”

The two were preoccupied in their own world that they had failed to hear the calls of their members and notice their presence. They look to see the baffled faces of Jinhwan and Donghyuk, Junhoe and Hanbin fake gagging, and a strangely unaffected Bobby. “Uh...I’m back?” Yunhyeong says with a shy smile, face burning with embarrassment.

“Are...are we interrupting something??”

“We obviously are, Jinhwan-hyung. I mean, look at them.”

“N-no! You guys aren’t interrupting anything.”

“What exactly happened though, I want to know.”

“How about no, Bobby-hyung.”

“Guys seriously, nothing happened.”

“Then how’d you explain this?”

“I just wanted to hug him, geez hyungs.”

“But you never hug us like that, Chanwoo!”

“Donghyuk, Yunhyeong-hyung is always an exception.”

“Yeah I agree with Junhoe, Chanwoo missed him a lot, remember.”

“No I didn’t!”

“Yes you did, Chanwoo. You even volunteered to stay up and wait for Yunhyeong-hyung.”

“He really did that?”

“Yeah, hyung! We were shocked when he said that, to be honest.”

“You guys are so dead to me.” 

Yunhyeong laughs his bubbly laugh. He feels warm when he heard that Chanwoo did that. Even if he found the younger one already fast asleep when he arrived, it’s the thought that counts.

“Alright you guys, breakfast is nearly done. Can you please take those to the table?” Yunhyeong gestures to the plates filled with food on the counter, to which Jinhwan and Hanbin carefully brought to the table while Donghyuk sets the table. “So, you really missed me?” Yunhyeong asks in a whisper, glancing at him, nearly done cooking. “No, they’re just saying random things.” Chanwoo says lightly, still not wanting to admit. “Oh, that’s sad, cause I missed you.” Hearing that, Chanwoo pauses in surprise.

“You’re not serious.”

“I am.”

“Really now.”

“Chanwoo, name one time I said something that I wasn’t serious about.”

Chanwoo couldn’t give an answer to that. He doesn’t remember a time wherein Yunhyeong was not serious at all. But surprisingly, Chanwoo feels happy upon hearing that Yunhyeong missed him. Was he thinking of him when he was at Fiji? Did Yunhyeong unconsciously call out to him too? Is Yunhyeong experiencing the fuzzy feeling that he’s experiencing right now?

“...I missed you, Yunhyeong.”

“I missed you too, Chanwoo.” 

Finishing the last dish, Yunhyeong turns the stove off and transfers the food onto the plate while Chanwoo places the dirty pans and utensils in the sink, then he unties Yunhyeong’s apron and removes, folding and setting it down on top of the counter. Yunhyeong, while holding the plate of food, waits for Chanwoo. With an arm loosely around Yunhyeong’s waist, the two proceeds to the dining table where the other members were waiting while chatting happily. “Alright you guys, time to eat.” Jinhwan says as Yunhyeong places the plate down. There were shouts of joy as the others begins to dig in. “Welcome home, Yunhyeong-hyung!” They exclaim, more excited to eat than the fact that their member was home.

After Chanwoo sits down, he pulls the vacant chair and connects it to his chair. He looks up at Yunhyeong, seeing the older one smile fondly before he takes his seat right beside the youngest, their legs pressed against one another. Yunhyeong leans on Chanwoo as he feels his hand resting on his hip. He watches as Chanwoo begins to fill his plate with food and brings a piece of meat to Yunhyeong, which the latter gladly accepts by opening his mouth and letting Chanwoo feed him. As expected, the teasing begins.

“Ooooh~ Are my eyes deceiving me or did Chanwoo just fed hyung.”

“Ugh they’re so sweet it’s disgusting.”

“I really think something happened.”

“I think so too, Jinhwan-hyung.”

“Chanwoo did wait for him, something must have reaaalllyy happened, hyung.”

“Chanwoo, Yunhyeong-hyung, as much as I don’t mind you two being so mushy and touchy with one another, please spare us. It’s way too early for this.”

“I want to experience being fed too!”

“Keep on dreaming, Junhoe.” 

Chanwoo snickers as they watch in amusement the state that the members were at right now. “Just keep eating, children.” Yunhyeong laughs, shaking his head. He really missed this atmosphere when he went to Fiji. Despite the coldness outside, their dorm is filled with warmth and laughter. He also missed how they were being loud and lively at such an early hour, wasting no time in dissing and teasing one another. But most of all, Yunhyeong missed the person sitting right beside him. Because of Chanwoo, the fuzzy feeling in Yunhyeong continues to linger. He feels pleasantly warm, enjoying how Chanwoo pays attention to him, and how Chanwoo has his arms around him. Maybe Yunhyeong wants to be in his arms for as long as he can. 

When Chanwoo feels someone looking at him, he shifts his eyes to the hyung beside him and was greeted with Yunhyeong’s warm gaze. Chanwoo feels his heart swell with affection when he notices the kind of gaze that Yunhyeong was giving him. The sounds drown out when Yunhyeong smiles at him. Everything around them seems unimportant when Yunhyeong reaches to gently brush his knuckles on Chanwoo’s cheek. The youngest brings Yunhyeong closer to him, kissing his forehead once again, this time, his lips linger as he whispers something only for Yunhyeong to hear before pulling back. Chanwoo smiles brightly upon seeing his hyung’s blushing face and shy smile. But most of all, he beams when he registers the words that Yunhyeong mouthed at him. 

Chanwoo knows what he wants. And now, he knows that Yunhyeong wants it too.