Comfort Beneath The Blankets

Beautiful Moments

After an exhausting day, Yunhyeong was finally getting ready for bed. He washed up earlier and had just removed his facial mask, pleased with how soft and moisturize his skin has become. He walks back into his bedroom, looking around to spot anything that seems to be in need of cleaning, hoping that he would find none because of how exhausted he is.

Grinning at the discovery, Yunhyeong switches the lights off and hurriedly makes his way to bed. It was a cold and gloomy day, the sun never making an appearance. After leaping into his bed and wrapping the warm sheets around him, he snuggles into his pillows and exhales softly.

He could hear the sky rumbling.

Yunhyeong immediately frowns. He was really tired and it was really late so he hoped that there wouldn’t be any thunder tonight. He just wants to get some sleep. “I’m too tired anyway, I’m sure I won’t wake up...” he tries to convince himself as he pulls the covers up to his face, slowly drifting to sleep with the help of the soft pattering of rain against the windows.

Crack! 

Yunhyeong jumps in bed and yelps, hands immediately covering his ears, eyes wide in surprise. He blinks blinks when he hears a moment of silence. He regrets his decision of lowering his hands when another sharp crack tore through the silence, causing the now shaking Yunhyeong scream and jumped off his bed.

He knew he couldn’t stay alone tonight.

With teary eyes, Yunhyeong bolts out of his room as fast as he could, nearly stumbling when another clap of thunder was heard.


He hopes that he’s still awake.


Chanwoo is still up late playing, the volume of his headphones nearly cranked up to the max. Their team is dying so Chanwoo aggressively presses and clicks on his keyboard and mouse. He begins to hear continuous knocks on his door, but pays no attention since they are extremely close in finishing.

The maknae narrows his eyes and concentrates on the game. “Just a bit more...” he mumbles, not minding the calls of his name by his hyung. Chanwoo groans and throws his hands up in the air while he leans back into his chair. He glares at the screen, at the big, mocking ‘GAME OVER.’  They were so close at winning, but ‘so close’ is never enough.

He’s still slightly frustrated from the game, adding to that the increasing intensity of the knocking, Chanwoo’s eye begins to twitch as he groans and scratches his head. “Coming!” He exclaims, removing his headset and stands, glancing at his windows when he sees a flash of light then hears the rumbling of thunder once again. His attention was brought back when he hears his hyung whine his name. “I’m coming!” He sighs and spares a glance at his computer before opening the door. “Hyung, what is it? I'm still playing.” He frowns, tone unintentionally sharp. His frown, however, immediately vanishes when he sees the state Yunhyeong is at.

His hyung was trying to shrink into himself, hands desperately plugging his ears. Chanwoo begins to feel bad when sees Yunhyeong flinch at his tone. His heart sinks when his hyung looks up at him with tears running down. “Hyung—“,”I-I’m sorry. I didn’t know you’re busy.” Yunhyeong says in a small voice, quickly excusing himself as he hurries back to his own room, leaving Chanwoo stunned. Yunhyeong looked hurt, and Chanwoo does not like it that he’s the reason behind it.

The youngest sighs and runs his hand through his face, mentally kicking himself. Yunhyeong always goes to him whenever there’s heavy rains and thunderstorms. “Great job, Chanwoo.” He grumbles, making his way to the older one’s room, not even sparing a glance at his computer’s screen.


The room was dark the moment Chanwoo enters, but he can never miss the familiar lump on the bed. If he squints and focuses his vision hard enough, he can see how Yunhyeong was terribly shaking. He closes the door, slowly and silently makes his way to the bed, slipping in and immediately hugging the covered bundle, feeling Yunhyeong jump from the sudden gesture.

“C-Chanwoo—“
“I’m here, Yunhyeong-hyung.” His voice was softly, but his hug was firm.
“Wha...but you’re busy.”
“I’m not.”
“Chanwoo please, it’s okay. Don’t worry about me.”

Despite the shaking, Yunhyeong tries his best to sound convincing. Chanwoo simply scoffs and dismisses it.  “You can’t make me leave that easily, hyung.” He says lightly, wanting to lighten up the mood. When he feels that Yunhyeong was about to speak, he silences him by nuzzling his nose on his hair, a gesture that he knows the older one loves. “Hey, loosen up the blankets yeah? I’m also getting cold.” He whispers softly. Yunhyeong lets out a small whine, but eventually unwraps the blankets around him. Chanwoo takes hold of the blankets and fixes it around them quickly before pulling Yunhyeong into his arms. Yunhyeong turns to face him, firmly placing his hands against his chest and tucking his head underneath Chanwoo’s chin. “Better?”, “Y-yes, thank you....” His hyung’s voice was still a bit shaky, but the tremors of his body has visibly lessen. 


The sky continues to rumble, but Yunhyeong was no longer paying attention to it because Chanwoo had began to hum softly while caressing his hair. The older one sniffs slightly, feeling significantly more relaxed as he lets the sweet voice lull him to sleep.

“Chanwoo?”
“Hm?”
“I’m sorry I keep going to you whenever it rains heavy...this’ll be the last time, I swear.”

The younger frowns at his words, he wasn’t happy with it. “Yunhyeong-hyung, look at me.” He says firmly, pulling back from the hug a bit. Yunhyeong hesitantly looks at him, eyes less watery than before. The younger one leans down, pressing soft and gentle kisses on the corner of his eyes and forehead, whispering comforting words to him despite the small whines of protest. He knows that his hyung likes it anyway.

“Hey, it’s okay. But it won’t be okay if you’ll stop coming to me.”
“But I’m bothering you...”
“No, you’re not. You’re never a bother.”

Chanwoo leans down to rest their foreheads together. He unwraps an arm so that he can gently wipe his cheeks dry. Yunhyeong bites his lower lip and gazes back at him. “I’m not?”, “You’re not, hyung. I swear.” Hearing that, the older one feels relieved and finally smiles brightly. Chanwoo could not resist smiling as well. “You know, hyung, your eyes are like a rainy night sky.” He admits, caressing his cheek with his thumb. Yunhyeong giggles shyly and Chanwoo can feel his cheek heating up. “It is? No way.” He exclaims, beaming. Chanwoo grins as well, “It is. There was rain in your eyes earlier, but even if the cloud of sadness is covering your eyes, I know for sure that the stars are there, twinkling.” He mumbles, their noses now touching. “And look, hyung, I can clearly see the stars shining brightly.” Chanwoo is pleased as he sees the pinkish blush spread across Yunhyeong’s face. “I think you’re spending too much time with Junhoe.” Yunhyeong teases. “Am I? I don’t think so.” Chanwoo chuckles, pulling him closer until there was nearly no distance between their bodies.

“You know what, Chanwoo?”
“No I don’t.”
“Hey!!”
“Just kidding, what is it?”
“I guess it’s thanks to you that I’m shining.”

This time, it's Chanwoo who blushes. The youngest was unable to stop the big smile forming from the compliment. “I must be that powerful huh.” Yunhyeong laughs at that and nods in agreement, “I guess you really are.” He mumbles before bringing a hand up to gently touch Chanwoo’s cheek, his smile fond, his gaze filled with affection. 

“Thank you, Chanwoo.”
“Anything for you, Yunhyeong.”

The heavy rain continues to pour along with flashes of lightning and claps of thunder. Despite all that, the two remains safe in each other’s embrace, their warmth shared through soft touches of skin and loving kisses throughout the night until they both fall asleep, with a smile on their faces, and in the comfort of each other.