Twisted

Other Way Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So, this has been sitting in one of my folders since September of last year. It's not how I usually write so I didn't know if I should upload it. But I guess we'll find out, eh? I would appreciate the comments very much but even reading this is more than enough. ^^

 

“It’s weird.”

 

“Ah, that’s weird!”

 

“That sounds so weird.”

 

“You’re acting weird.”

 

“Byul-ah, you are so weird.”

 

“Byul-ah, we have to discuss about it first. We are a team! Is this an individual game?”

 

Byulyi has had enough. Every single time she has tried to get close to Yongsun, she is rejected mercilessly and branded a weird person. She finds nothing wrong with her actions. However, when she heard Yongsun the first time, she thought about it. Maybe trying to get close to another person physically is not normal for Yongsun. Maybe she is the one who is not normal. So, she pulls back and explains herself to the older woman. Yongsun listened and said that she’d meet Byul halfway. Gradually, Yongsun became used to Byul’s intimacies. However, the older woman is back at it again and worse than before. Byul does not know why but this time, it hurts more. It’s probably because Yongsun knew about Byul’s affections and the latter thought Yongsun understood already how her words hurt Byul before. It seems like I was wrong, Byul thinks.

 

Once again, Byulyi gives Yongsun space. Only this time, there are no warnings. She gave Yongsun no explanations as to her new way of acting around the older woman. Byul found it unnecessary. Yongsun should know why was she staying away – for good.

 

It does not go unnoticed by the older woman. Byul clings to her like a leech. So when she has not had Byul’s touch on her skin for a few days, she knew something was wrong. Being the straightforward person she is with Byulyi, she confronted her. There are no dialogues popping inside her mind this time. If the problem was inside her head, she would have reservations as to whether she would tell Byul about it; hence the dialogue in her head. But when Byulyi has a problem with her, she doesn’t want to prolong it. It has to be discussed and solved as soon as possible. People would think she could be very stubborn in ignoring Byulyi. She is, but not when she can feel the seriousness in the source of Byul’s actions. Usually, it would be because of a slap that was too strong or a teasing that has gone too far. Byul is staying away from her this time for something more. She will not wait around and do nothing about it.

 

“Byul?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“Byul-ah.”

 

“Yes, unnie?”

 

“Byulyi, look at me.”

 

“I’m busy. What is it?”

 

“Byulyi! Look at me!”

 

Yongsun grabbed Byul’s jaw and made the latter look at her straight in the eyes. She sees the fire burning inside the younger woman’s eyes. There is a blaze of defiance in those eyes that used to look at her with so much care and affections. It was like Yongsun was looking at a stranger. She didn’t know this Byulyi in front of her, looking at her with so much hate and anger. Her heart aches and it felt like it was bleeding from the daggers Byulyi’s eyes were throwing at her. She is mad as well. Yongsun feels that it was unfair that Byulyi can just get angry at her without at least telling her the reason or letting her explain. But all of that was drowned by the tears she thinks she would be shedding that night. All her feelings of anger and cry for fairness were nothing compared to the fact that Byulyi is angry – no, that Byul hates her. Yongsun wants to break down and wrap Byul in her arms. She doesn’t want to lose Byulyi. Not like this and not in any way. But that is impossible. So, if she were to lose Byul, it would have to be when she chooses to let go of the younger woman.

 

Byul pulls her face away from Yongsun’s grip. She can feel her back hot with anger. Her chest is closing in on her heart and she can’t breathe. She can feel the prickling pain on the top of her head. Byul looks back down on her phone and continues playing a game. She doesn’t like treating Yongsun this way but she has to. If she ever wants to actually push through with her decisions, she has to be strong. She has decided her course of action. There is no going back.

 

“There, I looked at you. Can you just tell me what you want, unnie? I’m busy playing with other people.”

 

Byul’s voice was laced with venom and Yongsun felt it. It turned her blood cold and her limbs ached. She feels like her body froze and she can’t move. was closing but her voice managed to come out miraculously.

 

“I want you to tell me what’s wrong, Byul.”

 

“There’s nothing wrong except for the fact that I almost made my team lose in the game.”

 

Yongsun scoffed. Byul knew better than to avoid the topic and try to make the tension in the air dissipate.

 

“You just looked at me as if I was the worst person to have ever lived.”

 

“Because you had to grab me by my chin like a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter