The Second: Be Natural

a waltz out of my thoughts

 

You live in the same world as me,

Your eyes that resemble mine,

Your many words that are like an essay

Your warm voice that I hear,

You’re the only person

That I can find another me.


 

Through their daily routine of walking home together, Joohyun and Seulgi discovered that they have a lot of similar interests. This discovery led them to spending more and more time together to cultivate these interests. And the more time they spent together, the more they got closer to each other.


 

 

They both like the same type of movies.

 

Well, except for Seulgi liking horror and gore films which Joohyun hates.

 

“You know that I hate watching these kinds of films!” Joohyun pouted.

 

“Oh come on, Hyunnie. One last time, please?” Seulgi said with puppy dog eyes.

 

Obviously, Joohyun couldn’t resist. I mean who could resist Kang Seulgi anyway?

 

Fine. But this is the last time, Kang Seulgi. Last.” Joohyun said firmly. “I’m never watching with you again if it’s another one of your scary movies.”

 

“Yes!” Seulgi fist pumps at yet another successful attempt to get Joohyun to watch yet another scary movie.

 

Even if it scared Joohyun to death, she would still stick around and watch these kinds of movies with Seulgi all the time if it meant that each time, the taller girl would protectively wrap her arms around her much smaller frame.





 

They both share the same love for food.

 

Joohyun and Seulgi often spent their weekends together, exploring new restaurants and evaluating which dish they liked best and which they hated.

 

Seulgi decided that she really loved eating with Joohyun. Joohyun, being a naturally sweet and clingy person, would always feed her dishes which she loved and wanted Seulgi to try.

 

“Oh my gosh, Seul! You have to try this! This is so good!” Joohyun exclaimed as she scooped up a portion of the carrot cake she ordered.

 

Some Seulgi would love, some of them not so much. But that doesn’t really matter to her anyway. She would gladly eat anything that Joohyun fed her, even if it was poison.


 

 

They both like dancing and both of them dance really well.

 

By their third year in high school, Joohyun and Seulgi were already inseparable. It was also around that time that they decided to join their school’s dance club. Having the natural talent and chemistry for it, both were often selected to represent the school for any pair dance competitions aside from their regular participation in the annual mega crew competitions.

 

For this specific dance competition, each pair was given an object they had to incorporate into their dance routine. Some of the items were a ball, a hoverboard, a newspaper and a hoop. Joohyun and Seulgi got a chair as the object for their routine.

 

Inspired by their recent game of musical chairs in their dance club’s back to school party, Seulgi thought of doing a y musical chairs concept for their routine and they chose one of their favorites, Be Natural by S.E.S., as their song. Wanting to spice things up, they decided to record their own cover of the song that they would use for their routine.

 

“We’ve been hearing this song for weeks now I’m starting to get sick of it.” Seulgi groans.” No offense to S.E.S., of course.” Seulgi said as she did a 90-degree bow to the air.

 

“Well, whose idea was it to record a cover and prolong this agony?” Joohyun complained.

 

“Alright, alright. I’m sorry. I have no right to complain.” Seulgi chuckled. “You gotta admit though, this made our routine even more awesome.” Seulgi raised her hand for a high five.

 

“Of course, it did.” Joohyun smiled and returned the gesture.

 

“I wonder what our soulmates are thinking right now. They might be cursing us already for listening to the same song for weeks.” Seulgi laughed at the thought.

 

“I don’t know, Seul. To be honest, I’m really not curious about them at all.” Joohyun shrugged.

 

Seriously? You don’t care? At all?” Seulgi blurted, shocked by Joohyun’s statement.

 

“Nope.” Joohyun replied as she popped the p for emphasis. “Not at all.”

It was true that Joohyun didn’t care about them. Because Joohyun only cared about finding who her soulmate was, if her soulmate was named Kang Seulgi. And not just any Kang Seulgi. It had to be her Kang Seulgi.

 

She couldn’t lie that she was disappointed though.

 

Does she even think that it could be me?

 

Does she even like me back?

 

Does she even see me that way?

 

Joohyun thought to herself.

 

Probably not. She concluded as she stared at her best friend longingly, who was currently looking every bit the attractive woman that she is as she sharply executed all the moves to their routine.






 

But that’s where Joohyun was mistaken.

 

Because out of all their mutual interests, their mutual interest in one another was and still is the most powerful one.

 

It’s the one that overpowers all their differences and keeps them together, by each other’s side.